IMPORTANT NOTICE: Garmin nüvi Product Safety Recall Notice

Discuss all kind of nice gadgets and two way radios here.
Family_Dog
Town: Klerksdorp
Vehicle: Hilux DC SFA, Hilux 2.7 DC, Hilux 2.7 SC, Prado 95 VX
Club VHF Licence: HC101

IMPORTANT NOTICE: Garmin nüvi Product Safety Recall Notice

Post by Family_Dog »

Received this email from Garmin yesterday. So far, two of my Nuvis are affected. Garmin are taking this very seriously and warn that the affected Nuvis are not to be taken on board any aircraft.

----

Dear Business Partner

Please take a few minutes to read the attached Press Release and Service Alert, both issued by Garmin International.

To reiterate, the Affected Products are limited to the following devices:
- nüvi 200W, 250W and 260W
- nüvi 7xx and 7XXT (where xx is a two-digit number eg. 710,760,770,775,715)

Business Partner Actions Required

1. Please make the attached Garmin Service Alert No 1035 document available to your staff and any customers of record and users of the potentially affected products.
2. Kindly display the enclosed Garmin Service Alert No 1035 document in a conspicuous location in all of your retail stores.
3. Immediately determine whether you have any of the Affected Products in your inventory. If so:
a. Immediately cease selling all Affected Products and remove them from public display
b. Check the serial number of each unit on the web site at: http://www.garmin.com/nuvibatterypcbrecall (Alternatively, email the serial numbers of only Affected Products to: techupdates@garmin.co.za for checking - allow 2 working days for a response.)
c. If a serial number is recalled, follow the instructions that will be provided
d. If a serial number is NOT recalled, then the product may once again be offered for sale
e. All new and sealed Affected Products that are recalled, will collected by GDA and credited
f. GDA will arrange for the collection of ALL Affected Products, at our expense ONLY if the shipping arrangements are made by ourselves. No recalled product may be shipped by Air.

Details regarding the process that will be employed to rectify all Recalled Affected Products will be provided shortly.

Users who have registered any of the Affected Products on http://www.garmin.co.za or http://www.garmap.co.za will be contacted directly by GDA. Only users who have device serial numbers that form part of the Limited Recall process will be contacted.

We are giving this situation our full and urgent attention and will keep you posted on any updates as soon as we have them to hand.

Regards.
Team Garmin.

White Fang: 1999 2.7i DC Raider 4x4
Bull Dog: 1987 4Y-EFI 2.2 DC 4x4
Pra Dog: 1998 Prado VX 3.4
Hound Dog: 2000 2.7i SC 4x4

One Staffie, One Jack Russell, One Ring Neck Screecher, 17 Fish of questionable heritage

lelie
Town: Boksburg
Vehicle: 2.5 D4D SRX DC

Re: IMPORTANT NOTICE: Garmin nüvi Product Safety Recall Noti

Post by lelie »

My 200W is a recall unit. What now??????????????

I will e-mail Tech updates.
Dorslandtrekker
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: Isuzu 280 D/C 4x4 Warn winch, Snorkel, Camel suspension, Duel Battery, AHA Camper, Solar Panel, VHF/29 Mhz Radio, Maluti Rims, Hankook 30x9.5x15, Ekstra brandstof 50 Liter, Moeilikheid ..... Niks.
Club VHF Licence: X 70

Post by Dorslandtrekker »

Dankie Ouboet Eric,
Gelukkig verskyn die 205 nie op die lys nie.
Groetnis.
Frik
lelie
Town: Boksburg
Vehicle: 2.5 D4D SRX DC

Post by lelie »

Well, the process is pretty easy. I've already received my e-mail confirming receipt and will be contacted by Garmin shortly.

Return to “Electronic Gadgets and Radios”