MP3 DISC

Discuss all kind of nice gadgets and two way radios here.
mytruck
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Little Falls
Vehicle: Hilux 4x4 3D

MP3 DISC

Post by mytruck »

Hi all
I am struggling to burn MP3 music disc's from itunes to playinthe 2009 Hilux radio. :problem: Manual says it is MP3 compatible, says so on the radio face, but the disc's I burn, I get a error message from the radio. Any tips to sort this one out.
Thanking in advance
george
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Velddrif
Vehicle: Triton 3.5l V6
Club VHF Licence: HC107

Re: MP3 DISC

Post by george »

mytruck wrote:Hi all
I am struggling to burn MP3 music disc's from itunes to playinthe 2009 Hilux radio. :problem: Manual says it is MP3 compatible, says so on the radio face, but the disc's I burn, I get a error message from the radio. Any tips to sort this one out.
Thanking in advance
Make sure it is MP3.Itunes uses I think mp4 or something.I had this problem and had to convert all my files back to MP3 after I used it in Itunes
"The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.-Saint Augustine"
CasKru
Town: Benoni
Vehicle: '94 Hilux Raider 2.4i (22RE) DC 4x4
Club VHF Licence: B15

Post by CasKru »

When burning a CD make sure that you don't burn the cd for mutliple sessions and that it closes the session after you've burnt the MP3's. If you don't the cd will only be readable on pc's and no other MP3 devices
To God be the glory
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Post by Mud Dog »

Cassie as I understand it you have to close the session and not leave it open, but you can burn multiple sessions as long as you close each time. Works for me on all my cd / dvd players. I think when you close the session it updates the TOC and each session becomes included. Once you close the disc however, you cannot write to it anymore.

The music must be in mp3 format ... the bit rate doesn't matter to the player but determines sound quality .... anything less than 128 kb/s is too severely compromised for the sharper ear. I normally convert them to 160 kb/s or more. Where some players might have a problem is the sample rate. 44100Hz is normally used and all players should be able to handle that, so set the rate on your ripper / encoder. ;-)
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
7ty7
Town: Johannesburg
Vehicle: Hilux D4D 4x4

Post by 7ty7 »

some cd players also struggle with certain types of cd's maybe try another brand. I had problems with re writable cd's
CasKru
Town: Benoni
Vehicle: '94 Hilux Raider 2.4i (22RE) DC 4x4
Club VHF Licence: B15

Post by CasKru »

7ty7 wrote:some cd players also struggle with certain types of cd's maybe try another brand. I had problems with re writable cd's
Also true. The more silver in colour the cd surface is the better.
To God be the glory
Family_Dog
Town: Klerksdorp
Vehicle: Hilux DC SFA, Hilux 2.7 DC, Hilux 2.7 SC, Prado 95 VX
Club VHF Licence: HC101

Post by Family_Dog »

I only use Verbatim blank CDs, no other. Although in the past I have used TDK with no problems.

-F_D

White Fang: 1999 2.7i DC Raider 4x4
Bull Dog: 1987 4Y-EFI 2.2 DC 4x4
Pra Dog: 1998 Prado VX 3.4
Hound Dog: 2000 2.7i SC 4x4

One Staffie, One Jack Russell, One Ring Neck Screecher, 17 Fish of questionable heritage

AM Racing
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: East London
Vehicle: Range Rover Classic V8

Post by AM Racing »

Turf the std unit and fit something that has a usb slot in the front. No more cd's to get scratched on those bumpy roads. Depending on the head unit there can also be an improvement in sound quality. These head units (for something decent) start at just over R1000 and most come with a remote. If your unit has the steering controls then the units compatible with this are just overly priced. The JVC lets you skip through albums and not just track for track. My 4 gig flash drive holds about 500 songs with the bit rate at a minimum 128.
ImageImageImage

Return to “Electronic Gadgets and Radios”