Satalite Tracking device what is available and info

Discuss all kind of nice gadgets and two way radios here.
SYRON CONVERSIONS
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Tamboekieland
Vehicle: SFA HILUX

Satalite Tracking device what is available and info

Post by SYRON CONVERSIONS »

Okay here goes I am looking for some sort of device that I can attached to my forklifts in a concealed place that I can activate at any time from my home pc and then by using Google Earth I would then want to see where the forklift is operating, this device must not be connected to the battery as the power source.

What is available here in South Africa that can be used and works correctly? Any links, prices and have anybody here used such a device?
Thanks
1992 Slightly Modified Hilux, 2008 VW Caddy panelvan work, 2010 Isuzu 2.5 td bakkie for work, a pair of big 'balloons' as well hanging at the rear of my Hilux

simoan
Traveler
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Springs
Vehicle: Pathfinder 2.5 LE AT
Club VHF Licence: X81

Re: Satalight Tracking device what is available and info

Post by Traveler »

http://www.ctrack.co.za/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Speak to them.

Know what you don't know.
jacques kotze
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Nelspruit
Vehicle: 2,8 4x4 Auto Fortuner. 2,8 4x4 Hilux singlecab.

Re: Satalite Tracking device what is available and info

Post by jacques kotze »

I have a device in my bakkies, it does connect to the battery but also has its own battery, lets you know if the vehicle battery is disconnected or flat, gives you time when it is switched on and off, hard braking, hard acceleration, accident response and gps co-ords at all times. I monitor it from my laptop and there is no monthly subscription, it works on a prepaid basis with a simcard. You can set it to send you a sms lets say if the vehicle is started/moving anytime after 22h00 and before 6h00. Even if the vehicle is parked you will get a sms if it is moved/towed away with gps co-ords.
Not sure what the prices are, but I know it is more than R3000ea.
mtbbiker
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Centurion
Vehicle: Toyota hilux 2700i 4X4DC
Club VHF Licence: B199

Post by mtbbiker »

SYRON CONVERSIONS wrote:Okay here goes I am looking for some sort of device that I can attached to my forklifts in a concealed place that I can activate at any time from my home pc and then by using Google Earth I would then want to see where the forklift is operating, this device must not be connected to the battery as the power source.

What is available here in South Africa that can be used and works correctly? Any links, prices and have anybody here used such a device?
Thanks
Altech Netstar sell a Unit that is specifically designed for a Forklift, contact their Fleet Solutions, http://www.anfs.co.za/products/vigil-forklift" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Brand
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Roodepoort
Vehicle: Hilux 3.0 D4D 4x4

Post by Brand »

Maybe look at tracetec, nogal cheap
Willem01
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: het nie 1 nie

Post by Willem01 »

Probeer die:
Dit is n eenmalige fooi vir installasie, geen jaarlikse fooie of lidmaatskap of sulke crap nie.
Betaal slegs vir jou simcard 99cent en dan koop jy n data bundel wat op hom gelaai word elke keer as jy wil sien wa is jou goed of iets wil aktiveer kos dit n net sms.
Ek het dit op my motorfiets

Tramigo T22 - The Best Selling GPS/GSM Tracker in the world is now available in South Africa with local landmarks covering the entire country
T22 Moto Key Features Include:

In-built Motion-Sensor notifies you instantly in case your bike is harassed
Check Location of your motorbike with SMS
Receive useful reports such as speed, trip or zone crossings
Use local language commands on any mobile phone or PC
No monthly fees, location information with local GPS powered TLD Landmarks
Microphone for listening the Moto’s surroundings
In-built back-up battery and emergency phone
Free M1 Move Smartphone software for easier tracking
M1 Fleet PC software for Fleet Owners
Shut Down Engine, Ignition Sensing and Other IO feature

"T22-C-ZA is the vehicle tracking unit. Unit price is R1999.00.
The installation is very simple requiring only two wires to be connected. Black wire to the Toyota chassis. Red wire to always battery power. This could be interior light or direct to battery.
The rest is plug and play.

We have independent installers who will come to your premises, they charge from R350.00 in Jhb and I assume a little more to travel to Pretoria"

http://www.tramigo.net/africa/southafrica/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SideKick
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux '89 2.2 (4Y) EFI D/C 4x4, Mikem Suspension, PowerFlow Exhaust, BroSpeed Branch, 31" M/T, Long Range Fuel Tank, Front Diff-Lock
Club VHF Licence: X108

Post by SideKick »

Working at a company that does sattelite tracking, fleet management and stolen vehicle recovery, I'm pretty sure you WON'T find a unit at the usual vehicle tracking company. But you DO get them. They are usually used for things like containers that need to be tracked and similar type things . . .
Stress: :irate: The confusion created when one's mind overrides the body's desire to choke the living $H!t out of some asshole that desperately deserves it!
SideKick
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux '89 2.2 (4Y) EFI D/C 4x4, Mikem Suspension, PowerFlow Exhaust, BroSpeed Branch, 31" M/T, Long Range Fuel Tank, Front Diff-Lock
Club VHF Licence: X108

Post by SideKick »

Rumor has it that Tracker has units like that . . .
Stress: :irate: The confusion created when one's mind overrides the body's desire to choke the living $H!t out of some asshole that desperately deserves it!
SWARTLUX
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Gauteng
Vehicle: '05 LEGEND 35 2.7 DC 4x4, Monroe Gas allround, Long range tank, UniQ Chip. Platkar '06 Polo 1.6 Comfortline hatchback

Post by SWARTLUX »

Dont know if you heard about self track?A small device and you even get portable units for children etc...Thinks its R39 per month.They advertise on radio ripple and Bosveld radio in the mornings.

Sorry cant give more info ont his as I never really listen to radio ads 100%
You can read up about it here http://www.google.co.za/url?sa=t&rct=j& ... DqwHF8OIQA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “Electronic Gadgets and Radios”