Help with Dual Battery System

Discuss all kind of nice gadgets and two way radios here.
Blackadder
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: Toyota Fortuner 3.0 D4D, Ironman Bumper, OME, Dual Battery, BFG'S, TJM Snorkel, Navstar 220 29mhz radio, LAS Pro Rear Bumper, Frontrunner Roofrack
Club VHF Licence: X82

Help with Dual Battery System

Post by Blackadder »

I have a second battery in my Fortuner which has the National Luna management system attached. I never had any problems until recently when I replaced the Deep Cycle. Since replacing the Deep Cycle I noticed that the controller I have in my car was stuck on 13V display while in the past it would give a veriable display depending on the charge of the batteries. I could also not override the system to use the second battery. I assumed the fault was with the controller as I could still hear and see the sollonoid kicking in after a while, so I let it be....everything else seemed to be working fine. The other day however I plugged my fridge in and got an error message, tested it on another vehicle and it was fine so I started to fiddle a bit and found the following. No matter if the car is switched on or off, engine running or not, I keep getting the same volt reading on both batteries and on which ever sockets I check. This doesnt seem to be right. Can someone give me an idea of what I should be looking for? I'm assuming that all these systems are wired more or less in the same matter. I did not do this installation, I got he car with it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Nou as iemand vir my kan se hoekom ek al die poef in Engels geskryf het sal ek dit ook waardeer...
WayneSchalk
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Krugersdorp
Vehicle: 2019 Toyota Hilux 2.8 GD-6 4X4 DC Auto
Club VHF Licence: X117

Re: Help with Dual Battery System

Post by WayneSchalk »

Hi THinus

test the voltage with a multi meter, see if the voltage goes up on the second if the van is running for a couple of seconds. And check if all wiring is correct, is your main battery on the right terminal on the NL and the 2nd battery on the second, also unplug the controller and see what happens.

Did it maybe get water? I had to replace the controller because of water
Blackadder
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: Toyota Fortuner 3.0 D4D, Ironman Bumper, OME, Dual Battery, BFG'S, TJM Snorkel, Navstar 220 29mhz radio, LAS Pro Rear Bumper, Frontrunner Roofrack
Club VHF Licence: X82

Re: Help with Dual Battery System

Post by Blackadder »

Die voltage gaan nie op nie...dis wat my laat begin wonder het...dit bly die selfde op beide batterye....wat die konneksie betref moet ek aanvaar dat dit reg is aangezien ek nog nooit voorheen probleme gehad het nie en ek het ook nie gepeuter nie....ek het net die tweede battery vervang...die water kwessie sal ek moet check....ek het so 'n ruk terug 'n airco drain gehad wat verstop was maar ek kannie onthou dat daar water binne in die paneelkissie was nie....

Return to “Electronic Gadgets and Radios”