Deltec Lead Crystal batterye

Discuss all kind of nice gadgets and two way radios here.
louis fourie
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: 2003 Hilux Raider Facelift D/C 3.0 KZTE
Club VHF Licence: X101

Deltec Lead Crystal batterye

Post by louis fourie »

Het iemand 'n idee of het iemand onlangs sulke batterye gekoop?

Waar, en hoeveel het dit gekos?

Vandag by Deltec uitgevind - R4200:o:cry::?:shock:

Sent from my IdeaTab S6000-H using Tapatalk
Family_Dog
Town: Klerksdorp
Vehicle: Hilux DC SFA, Hilux 2.7 DC, Hilux 2.7 SC, Prado 95 VX
Club VHF Licence: HC101

Re: Deltec Lead Crystal batterye

Post by Family_Dog »

Louis, there is a post on the Community Forum where a member is very unhappy with his. Packed up within a year, apparently as a result of over-charging. Yet he bought the battery, solar panels & regulator all from the same company in one deal. So, I dunno.... stick to the devil you know.

-F_D

White Fang: 1999 2.7i DC Raider 4x4
Bull Dog: 1987 4Y-EFI 2.2 DC 4x4
Pra Dog: 1998 Prado VX 3.4
Hound Dog: 2000 2.7i SC 4x4

One Staffie, One Jack Russell, One Ring Neck Screecher, 17 Fish of questionable heritage

Johan Kriel
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Okahandja
Vehicle: 2.5 SC 4x4

Post by Johan Kriel »

LC batteries seem to do good, but for that price you can wreck maybe 3 high cycles which might last as long as the LC, or longer?!

I use raylite AGM batteries, and very happy with them. If you do only 2 or 3 trips a year and charge the battery with a smart charger at home, a semi deep cycle will do as good.
Johan Kriel

Legend 50
louis fourie

Post by louis fourie »

Johan Kriel wrote:LC batteries seem to do good, but for that price you can wreck maybe 3 high cycles which might last as long as the LC, or longer?!

I use raylite AGM batteries, and very happy with them. If you do only 2 or 3 trips a year and charge the battery with a smart charger at home, a semi deep cycle will do as good.
Johan

Are you talking about the Raylite Ultimate? Where can I get it?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Johan Kriel
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers

Post by Johan Kriel »

Yes that's the one. http://www.batterycentre.co.za/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

What I like about it sealed and stays clean. Must say we don't get any other AGM batteries around here.
Johan Kriel

Legend 50
louis fourie

Post by louis fourie »

My 2 Raylite AGM's is bestel. 90A is die grootste:?. Johan ek hoop hulle werk goed, anders gaan ek jou gras uit spin:lol:

Johan Kriel
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers

Post by Johan Kriel »

Ten minste kos hulle nie R4200. :lol:
Johan Kriel

Legend 50
louis fourie

Post by louis fourie »

Ek moes toe so 'n paar modifikasies maak om die batterye te kon in kry (waterpyp van die Companion was in die pad en daar is twee boute wat deur die vloer kom). Ek gebruik in elk geval nooit die filler prop om my tenks mee vol te maak nie. Ek het toe 2 reducers (50mm na 20mm) ingesit met 'n "slap" pyp tussen die twee en die elbow uitgehaal. Die 50mm pyp wat nog daar is kan nou uit die pad gedruk word.

Vir die twee boute wat deur die vloer kom het ek 16mm pressed wood gevat en 2X 18mm gate geboor waar die boute is. Die batterye staan jou mooi plat en sommer op hout ook - ek verstaan dit is goed vir 'n battery.

Sent from my IdeaTab S6000-H using Tapatalk
Donkey
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Johannesburg
Vehicle: 2002 3.0KZ-TE 4x4, Eazyawn RTT, Snorkel, NudgeM Bumper, 38mm Ball Joint Spacers, 35" Maxxis Bighorns, Dastek Unichip, 60 ltr Snomaster fridge/freezer, 40mm body lift, Mikem front/rear with extended shackles, Bilsteins shox rear
Club VHF Licence: X122

Post by Donkey »

Hi Louis, don't know if this will help, on our previous trip (weekend Fri - Sun) to Lesotho I used a normal car battery, I think 50 or 60 Ah (borrowed from the platkar), which did the trick, from then onwards when I had cash I bought a higher Ah, 90Ah, which I'm quiet happy with at a fraction of that cost.
Tumelo Maketekete
Donkey, simple and often misunderstood.
We don't stop playing because we grow old, but we grow old because we stop playing!

2002 - 3.0KZ-TE Toyota Hilux (Letebele)
1994 - 1.6i Gl Toyota Corolla (Platkar)
1990 - Gli TwinCam 16v (ZuluBoy)

ImageImage
louis fourie

Post by louis fourie »

Hi Tumelo. I bought 2 of the 90A AGM batteries.

Donkey
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Vehicle: 2002 3.0KZ-TE 4x4, Eazyawn RTT, Snorkel, NudgeM Bumper, 38mm Ball Joint Spacers, 35" Maxxis Bighorns, Dastek Unichip, 60 ltr Snomaster fridge/freezer, 40mm body lift, Mikem front/rear with extended shackles, Bilsteins shox rear

Post by Donkey »

Cool, if you gonna use DC/DC chargers, make sure each has its own :thumbup: , just my 2cw
Tumelo Maketekete
We don't stop playing because we grow old, but we grow old because we stop playing!

ImageImage
louis fourie

Post by louis fourie »

louis fourie wrote:Hi Tumelo. I bought 2 of the 90A AGM batteries.

Yip. I want to buy two of the 30A HCDP chargers, but saving at this stage. They are damn expensive.

Donkey
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Donkey »

How much are they? I know the 12A unit is around a grand
Tumelo Maketekete

ImageImage
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Post by Mud Dog »

I'm wondering why in this day and age of fancy electronic gadgetry, we're still battling with heavy, cumbersome and expensive batteries. Wonder why the industry has not moved to capacitors with a built in regulated discharge. I know it's possible, it's been done by a private amateur, so where's the problem ... is the industry protecting the interests of the battery producers?

A bank of caps that weigh less than 5% and costing a fraction of a conventional battery, take up less than a ¼ of the space and can be recharged in an instant, makes a lot more practical sense. As I understand, the drawback is that the caps don't hold their charge for much longer than a week, but access to a power point once every few days eliminates the problem, otherwise there's still the solar panel option to keep them charged.

Where are the electronics fundi's, what say you? :think:
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
zepplin
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: Crooza VX 80 EFI
Club VHF Licence: HC 127

Post by zepplin »

Excellent point Andy............going to watch this one with interest. Maybe a new thread so it doesn't get lost here??
Crooza VX 80 efi - fully locked.
pietpetoors
Town: Langebaan
Vehicle: 2.7 Hilux 4x4 DC
Club VHF Licence: X27

Post by pietpetoors »

drawback is that the caps don't hold their charge for much longer than a week
Agree with you, it is charged in an instant, so if it loose power you just plug it into a socket for 2 seconds and off you go.
Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow!
1999 Hilux 2.7i 4x4 Raider DC with 3.4 Prado V6. Rear diff-lock, Bull Bar and rock sliders, 31" Cooper ST Maxx, Snorkel, Alu-Canopy, VHF Motorolla radio, West Coast Rust, Mikem Suspension, Ball Joint Spacers in front and Mikem extended shackles at the rear, 25watt LED Spots
pietpetoors
Town: Langebaan
Vehicle: 2.7 Hilux 4x4 DC
Club VHF Licence: X27

Post by pietpetoors »

So iets
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news ... apacitors/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow!
1999 Hilux 2.7i 4x4 Raider DC with 3.4 Prado V6. Rear diff-lock, Bull Bar and rock sliders, 31" Cooper ST Maxx, Snorkel, Alu-Canopy, VHF Motorolla radio, West Coast Rust, Mikem Suspension, Ball Joint Spacers in front and Mikem extended shackles at the rear, 25watt LED Spots
ChrisF
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler
Town: inniedorp
Vehicle: Toy

Post by ChrisF »

just an update on the LC batteries - from the thread on 4x4Community :

Battery failed in less than a year and Current Automation sold the COMPLETE KIT to the gent now says the kit does not include a dc2dc charger THUS the failure !!

Went to Deltec and they are talking even more nonsense !!

VERY dissapointed in the suppliers and distributors of these incredibly expensive batteries.

BUYER BE WARE ....
Mud Dog
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.

Post by Mud Dog »

pietpetoors wrote:So iets
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news ... apacitors/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
:thumbup: :thumbup: Interesting article. Also explains why the applications of super-caps has not included the automotive industry yet as a battery replacement (energy density).

This sparked my interest some months back .....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3x_kYq3mHM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8miq6sDy0wA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUXM1XuLUIs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I see there is a later update .... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPJao1xLe7w" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ..... not so compact any more, but then I don't think he's using super-caps. :think:

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
george
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Velddrif
Vehicle: Triton 3.5l V6
Club VHF Licence: HC107

Post by george »

Interesting :thumbup:

I must say my opinion about what batteries to use ,is that if you dont have a DC-DC charger and only using the alternator to charge the second battery than a normal High Cycle gives me the best service.
"The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.-Saint Augustine"
louis fourie

Post by louis fourie »

Johan Kriel wrote:LC batteries seem to do good, but for that price you can wreck maybe 3 high cycles which might last as long as the LC, or longer?!

Hallo Johan

Wat is die spanning van jou batterye as hulle vol is?
Johan Kriel
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers

Post by Johan Kriel »

louis , jy vra my, ek het n ctek 250 laaier is my SW, en die NL battery monitor, alle groen liggies brand as ek in die oggend begin ry en soos hy vol word brand net 2 later. As jy stop dan gaan alle groen liggies dood na n ruk.

Maar ek het iewers dit gekry dat 12.9 volt 100% volgelaai is.
Johan Kriel

Legend 50
The Legend
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Kempton Park
Vehicle: 1994 2.2 4y 4x4 D/C Toyota Hi-Lux
Club VHF Licence: X93-

Post by The Legend »

Johan Kriel wrote:louis , jy vra my, ek het n ctek 250 laaier is my SW, en die NL battery monitor, alle groen liggies brand as ek in die oggend begin ry en soos hy vol word brand net 2 later. As jy stop dan gaan alle groen liggies dood na n ruk.

Maar ek het iewers dit gekry dat 12.9 volt 100% volgelaai is.
Hi Johan verwys jy na die NL battery monitor?Myne se groen liggies word al meer hoe voller die battery gelaai word.
“A BAD DAYS FISHING IS BETTER THAN A GOOD DAYS WORK”

“Do what you do so well, that the people that see you do it, will want to see you do it again,and will bring others to see you do it”
Johan Kriel
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers

Post by Johan Kriel »

Lollie, ek gebruik die dc-dc charger. As jy direk van die alternater af laai kan dit dalk so so werk, maar dan sal jy nie sommer al 4 groen liggies sien nie.
Johan Kriel

Legend 50
louis fourie

Post by louis fourie »

Ek het vanmiddag my paneeltjie by Oom Manie bestel

http://www.hcdpelectronics.co.za/index. ... duct_id=44" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Na 'n lang gesels het ek besluit wat ek gaan doen met my krag stasie :D
makadas
Town: Meerensee
Vehicle: Fortuner

Post by makadas »

louis fourie wrote: Johan Are you talking about the Raylite Ultimate? Where can I get it?
Got an Exide Enduro 668AGM last week for cranking battery. Cheapest AGM on the market at only R1800 (Battery Centre) and identical to the Raylite Ultimate (i.e. First National Battery) . Should be better for corrugated roads in Kalahari. But AGMs do not like heat, so will see how it survives under the bonnet...
Makadas
2011 Fortuner D4D 4x4 Auto
Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

Just recently bought a couple of 102 a/h Leisure batteries (First National), trade price R1200 ea. The guys at Battery Centre rate them highly, a medium cycle that you can use for cranking as well as running your camping lights / camping fridge etc.

For the past almost 2 weeks now, one has been running my household lights daily (12V system with LED lighting), and being charged with a single 80W solar panel. The LED's don't drain that much from the battery so even on a cloudy day the battery is again fully charged by mid-morning. (So wiill be adding more LED lighting to kitchen and lounge areas to provide brighter lighting if and when required.)

The real test will come when I couple up the second battery (with second panel) to an inverter to run TV, computer and router. I've set the controller to cut the load when the battery reaches 11.5V so as not to drain it too far and provide some protection. The inverter will obviously have to be connected directly to the battery and not directly to the controller, but the controller will operate a Cole Hirshe solenoid on the battery feed, much the same as a relay in your vehicle or 'contactor' on a 220V circuit.

Return to “Electronic Gadgets and Radios”