National Get Together
ThysdJ
Town: Brackenfell
Vehicle: 2010 Hilux D4D 3.0 D/C 4x4
Club VHF Licence: HC102

Post by ThysdJ »

Very much better lekker.
Thys de Jager
CEO and Refreshments Manager at Team Offroad.

2010 Hilux 3.0 D4D D/C 4x4 with GOMAD "Brood" Canopy. Tripod.
1997 Jeep Wrangler TJ 4.0 Sport. The original SFA. AGA... Gooi kole
email: thys@teamoffroad.co.za

Like Team Offroad on Facebook...
OOOOMS
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler

Re:

Post by OOOOMS »

ThysdJ wrote:Results for this heat is in. Congratulations to Cassie and Coenie for achieving 2nd position on the heat and also 2nd overall. Seems like Hilux4x4 will be represented by these 2 intrepid Trailmasters in Mozambicque. Well done guys, the competition was tough and the standards high.
Baie geluk julle, ons hou die gaping dop!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
ThysdJ

Post by ThysdJ »

Stu just got the results back for his written exam. 100%. Congratulations mate!
Thys de Jager

Family_Dog
Town: Klerksdorp
Vehicle: Hilux DC SFA, Hilux 2.7 DC, Hilux 2.7 SC, Prado 95 VX
Club VHF Licence: HC101

Re: SA Trail Master 4x4 Challenge

Post by Family_Dog »

Well done Guys!

-F_D

White Fang: 1999 2.7i DC Raider 4x4
Bull Dog: 1987 4Y-EFI 2.2 DC 4x4
Pra Dog: 1998 Prado VX 3.4
Hound Dog: 2000 2.7i SC 4x4

One Staffie, One Jack Russell, One Ring Neck Screecher, 17 Fish of questionable heritage

Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Re:

Post by Mud Dog »

ThysdJ wrote:Stu just got the results back for his written exam. 100%. Congratulations mate!
Looks like hang-overs agree with him! :laugh2: :laugh2: Well done Stuart! :thumbup: :thumbup:
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
CasKru
Town: Benoni
Vehicle: '94 Hilux Raider 2.4i (22RE) DC 4x4
Club VHF Licence: B15

Post by CasKru »

What an awesome experience and the best part about it except for probably going through to the following round in Mozambique is that now I am a fully TETA accredited driver.

I will post a trip report a bit later. Just trying to get some photos together to add to the report as I cannot read and need to show what I mean with pictures
To God be the glory
Hi-Hilux
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Tsumeb
Vehicle: 1991 Hilux2.2 ---1987 Hilux D/C Hella 1000, Rancho RS9000XL shocks, Good Year M/TR, Warn Winch, STK bullbar, Extended shacles, Kenwood VHF-SOLD

Post by Hi-Hilux »

Baie geluk julle! Cassie, jou mos gesê dis in jou bloed
Is gebed jou spaarwiel of jou stuurwiel?
'Life is a coin. You can spend it anyway you wish, but you can only spend it ONCE'
pietpetoors
Town: Langebaan
Vehicle: 2.7 Hilux 4x4 DC
Club VHF Licence: X27

Post by pietpetoors »

Baie geluk Cassie, Coenie, Stubs en almal wat daar was.
Is lekker om te sien die Hilux manne is bo aan die lys
Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow!
1999 Hilux 2.7i 4x4 Raider DC with 3.4 Prado V6. Rear diff-lock, Bull Bar and rock sliders, 31" Cooper ST Maxx, Snorkel, Alu-Canopy, VHF Motorolla radio, West Coast Rust, Mikem Suspension, Ball Joint Spacers in front and Mikem extended shackles at the rear, 25watt LED Spots
Mud Dog
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.

Post by Mud Dog »

Looking forward to reading those pictures, Cas! :D:

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Family_Dog

Post by Family_Dog »

Cassie, please post those pics in colour... :lol:

-F_D

One Staffie, One Jack Russell, One Ring Neck Screecher, 17 Fish of questionable heritage

ThysdJ

Post by ThysdJ »

We had a LOT of fun. Pictures won't do it justice but we'll try our best. ;) pity we don't have footage of Cassie on the skidpan.
Thys de Jager

Gunta
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Johannesburg
Vehicle: 1996 80 series Land Cruiser VX 4500 EFI UK Import. Long range tank, Iron man suspension, ARB Bullbar, Front and rear diff locks, 33" BFG muds, Snorkel and attitude.

Post by Gunta »

For the guys that were there.... hhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaghhh :lmao:
Dirk I never weewee'd myself so much. :lmao: The only 2 souties in the challenge, sorry for making all you okes speak so much english. Had an awesome time. Well done to Cassie and Coenie. Stu and I will be there next time once we learn how to reverse and navigate. You know us Hilux okes we only go forward. :yahoo:
Worry about the things you can do something about, If you can't don't worry.
Live life to the fullest with no regrets.
CasKru

Post by CasKru »

Okay... So how do you double the value of a Mitsubishi Triton in 10 seconds (except of course filling the tank with fuel).....
29052011532.jpg
To God be the glory
Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

Hehehe :lol: :lol:

Gunta
Vehicle: 1996 80 series Land Cruiser VX 4500 EFI UK Import. Long range tank, Iron man suspension, ARB Bullbar, Front and rear diff locks, 33" BFG muds, Snorkel and attitude.

Post by Gunta »

Stu, have you got any pics to load :beg:
ThysdJ

Post by ThysdJ »

I have a few, and I'll upload during the day Mark... :thumbup: :thumbup:
Thys de Jager

Gunta

Post by Gunta »

Dirk also took alot, not sure who's camera he was using?
ThysdJ

Post by ThysdJ »

We mostly used Uncle Bob's camera. You must link up with him and get us his photographs. I asked him and he said it we're welcome to. I have this one of the Top Gun team... :twisted: :twisted:
Attachments
RS_DSC03352.JPG
Thys de Jager

Gunta

Post by Gunta »

That black mamba was almost 7 ft. How can we get hold of Bob?
ThysdJ

Post by ThysdJ »

I'll send you an email with his details, he lives in Vereeniging. He's still going to be busy at the challenge till next week, so he wont be around emails and stuff till then . :thumbup: :thumbup:
Thys de Jager

CasKru

Post by CasKru »

Okay... so there I was. It was Friday morning and there was a chill in the air. My bags were packed and all check lists checked and now only awaiting the arrival of the guys from Slaapstad and Gunta, my travelling partner.

So first to show is Mark. So we start chatting about his 7mge conversion and a whole lot of other things while awaiting the arrival of the Slaapstad gang when I got the call that ...uhm... "ons ry nou hier by Mark". Well Mark lives in Roodepoort and I live in Benoni. That is about 70km of the worst traffic you can find at 09:00 on a Friday morning. Any hoo... To make a "long" story short, they eventually rocked up and after offloading the couriered cargo and a "quick" cup of java we got cracking.

The drive to Nelspruit was pretty uneventful, except maybe for the bit where we got lost :oops: :oops: None of us bothered to update to the latest map sets on our GPS'e because Nelspruit is Nelspruit. So the new bypass route that was built totally confuses the GPS lady. So after a few phone calls and a bit of follow the leader we eventually rocked up at Bee Eaters Farm. Being late we jumped right in. We got handed our team numbers and the even numbers split from the odd numbers.

So the format for the event was setup like this. Five teams would have a sit down training/quiz session while the other five teams did the physical events. Each session lasts about an our where after the two groups switch to either the theory or the physical events depending on what they did the previous session. The physical events consisted off a skid pan session, Navigation (night drive), Defensive driving, obstacle course, 4x4 basic skills, bush mechanics.

The training / Quiz: This is where you are trained and questioned regarding varies 4x4 related issues. Anything from the different environments we drive on, 4x4 vehicles and their drive trains, laws en regulations regarding 4x4's etc. Every session is about an hour long and at no time were we ever bored or anything like that due to the manner in which the event is setup. I can maybe add here that Mark and Steward walked away with 73 points and me and Coenie with 71 points (this is after all the theory sessions), about 20 points ahead of any other teams and I attribute this to this wonderful forum where we have discussed all the stuff at some point

All the physical events worked on a point system. Some you would get a specified amount of points and they would then subtract as you did stuff wrong. On others you gained points as you did stuff right and at certain events you could bonus points should you qualify. Each team was placed at different event and they were in no particular order

The skid pan: (Gravel surface) I would be lying if I said this wasn't the main attraction. This was Coenie and my first event. Here they first show you the basics of what they require. First off was the emergency stop. You have to travel at 40km/h and then apply the brakes in such a manner that you could still steer the vehicle around a corner and coming to a complete stop within the markers (cones) set out. After this you had to do an emergency lane change where you would travel at 40km/h and jump on the brakes between two markers and then releasing and changing lane within a confined space.
Then there was the time trial where they showed us the route (between tyres and cones) and where I found out that big guys can scream like girls (I will not mention any name…nê Thys). Once they showed you how it's done the driver can practice the first two events as much as he wants and when he is ready, he does them for points. Then you move on to the skid part. Here you drive / drift around the layout as fast as possible. (blikesim this was fun). Then it's the navigators turn to practice and compete. On this event both the driver and the navigators points were tallied for the emergency stop and the emergency lane change and only the drivers score on the "drifting".
After this they take you to the next section of this trial. They have set out a whindy course with white stakes through which you have to reverse. If you touch any marked points are deducted and you get bonus points for finishing under a certain time and get penalties if you stop anywhere in the course. Both the driver and the navigator have to complete this but if I remember correctly only the drivers score counts.

Navigation: This event consisted of two sections and both were driven at night. Firstly they gave each team pace notes which we had to follow to a T to complete the course and find specific markers and demarcated areas. Let me just state here that to find a route at night with the vehicles lights the only light source takes a huge amount of concentration and luck. Then once you complete this section you are handed a map of Nelspruit and some grid references to points you have to find. So off we went for the night drive through Nelspruit to find these places. You had a limited time to finish this trial.

Defensive Driving: Here you are taken out for a drive on gravel and in the city streets. You have to basically do a K53 test. You also have to a certain stages describe all you see while you are driving, like road signs, pedestrians which could be a danger, cross sections and possible dangers etc etc. Let’s just say Coenie and Thys (Thys just went along for the ride) gave a sigh of relieve when the instructor said I could shut up now. Both the driver and the navigator gets turns to drive. You are also asked questions while you drive and are given points on your answers.
We then head to a gravel road where you get asked some more questions one of which is how far you think it takes a vehicle equipped with ABS to stop on a gravel road from a speed of 60km/h. Let’s just say we would have stopped in time should it have been us in the situation with room to spare.

Obstacle Course: Here you were taken out on a short trail where you had to complete various obstacles. You need to build roads etc as you would get points deducted should the under carriage of the vehicle scrape at any time or damaged the vehicle in any other way
The first obstacle was a log bridge with a very muddy incline with a camber to the left just after the bridge. This was a very tricky obstacle. Some of the participants needed to be recovered here. After this there was a water crossing. Just as we were about to walk the obstacle Uncle Rob (the trainer / accessor ) told us it’s fine, we did not need to get our feet wet as he saw we wanted to do the check. Then halfway through the crossing (about 30 to 40m) he stops you and tells you that your vehicle is now stuck and need to recover it and there are hippos and crocs in the water. So it’s a race against time to recover your vehicle. So you are timed on how long it takes you to set up the recovery equipment (they had a bakkie parked on the other embankment).
Due to the distance between the two vehicles you had to join several ropes / straps together. The idea here was to see if you can safely setup the recovery equipment. Coenie and me aced this one although we were slightly slow.
After this you take a drive to a rocky trail where you physically have to build the road as to not have the bakkie scrape. This is to see how well the driver navigator combination functions. The score for this part was for whom ever was driving. I took the route up and Coenie the one down.
Safety was also pertinent and we had to use our seatbelts in a proper way. You always wear it except when traversing water.

4x4 Basic Skills: This consisted of an obstacle course set out with markers through cross-axles, side slopes, inclines and descents. You had to drive the bakkie through white stakes while using the proper 4x4 skills like running against engine compressions on downhills, which gears you used, clutch usage and your general 4x4 skills one of which was the stall start manoeuvre. Between me and Coenie we also aced this one and scored some bonus points. We also got a nice compliment from the accessor.

Bush Mechanics: This trial was split up in two sections. First you had to jack up a vehicle, take of the “Puntured” wheel, find the hole (a separate wheel placed there), fix it and fit back onto the vehicle and jack the vehicle down and putting all the tools away when finished.
Secondly we had to remove a tyre from a rim and then refit it to the rim. So you have to debead it, strip it of the rim, put it back on the rim and bead it and inflate to 2 bar.
Both these had a time restriction where you had to complete it within a specified time. Coenie and me did it in 6 minutes and 14 minutes respectively (no… there were no TWT in the area).

This was the end of the competition but not the end of the event. On Sunday we wrote a theoretical test and then did a practical test to see if we are competent. We were all found competent and were awarded with a TETA approved certificate.

Then it was time to travel back. After saying our goodbyes and loading the vehicles we set of for destination home. Mark and me arrived home just after 16:00 on Sunday where as the contigent from Slaapstad only arrived back in Cape Town by 11:00 on Monday. Thys, Dirk, Steward, Coenie and Mark…. Thank you for a memorable weekend. Coenie… here’s holding thumbs that we remain in the second position and move on to the final round in Mozambique.

This was an awesome experience and the best “training” course I’ve ever attended. It was great fun right through, yes, even the theoretical bits. A great thanks to Johan, Thinus, Lettie, Andries, Uncle Rob, Pietman, The Stig (aka die Stokkie) and Anton. You were all brilliant in what you do. Looking forward to seeing you again.

PS: Do not go there if you are on diet, the food was outstanding
PSS: The pictures will follow in due course. I did not have time to take pictures and are trying to source from the other guys.

PS: This is how part of the alphabet would have looked like if there were no Q and R
To God be the glory
ThysdJ

Post by ThysdJ »

Then there was the time trial where they showed us the route (between tyres and cones) and where I found out that big guys can scream like girls (I will not mention any name…nê Thys).
Nice report Cassie... you failed to mention that when I got behind the wheel, it was a different story all together... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Thys de Jager

CasKru

Post by CasKru »

ThysdJ wrote:
Then there was the time trial where they showed us the route (between tyres and cones) and where I found out that big guys can scream like girls (I will not mention any name…nê Thys).
Nice report Cassie... you failed to mention that when I got behind the wheel, it was a different story all together... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Oooooo poliesman :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
To God be the glory
OOOOMS
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler

Post by OOOOMS »

Tx for the detailed description :thumbup:

looking forward to the pics also :wink2:
Gunta

Post by Gunta »

Yup you went to sleep. :lmao:
ThysdJ

Post by ThysdJ »

And here it is from a Cape Town point of view.... :lol: :lol: :lol: Pictures will follow. I have some video clips as well, will upload and post the links..

As you guys know by now, a few of us from Cape Town linked up with Cassie and Gunta from Gauteng and went to compete in the inaugural SA 4x4 Trailmaster Challenge in Nelspruit from 27 to 29 May 2011. The Capie team consisted of

Coenie KingRat
Stuart Stubbsie
Dirk Theron African Offroad Academy Western Cape
Thys African Offroad Academy Western Cape

On Thursday morning at about 04H30 Coenie, Stu and Dirk arrived at my place and after a quick coffee, and packing their stuff we were on our way. The first 200km's were in darkness and I was driving, with the rest of the group catchings a few zzzz's. Once we hit Laingsburg Stu and Dirk also woke up (they played darts until late the night before). The rest of the drive thru the Karoo went by quite quickly with Coenie taking over the wheel at Three (Two, One, Koek) Susters. Coenie drove to Kimberley during which time the guys were sleeping and telling jokes most of the time. Once in Kimberley, Stu decided he'll take over the wheel. He showed us some cool NASCAR slipstream overtaking manoeuvers, which scared the hell out of a few of us. We hit Wolmaransstad (Stuart reckons he wants to retire here) and the roadworks started. 4 Stop/Go's later we were in Klerksdorp and a bit behind schedule to get in Randburg on time. In Potch Coenie with many years of Gauteng driving experience took the wheel again and after one particularly scary move, got us all safely to Mark's place in Roodekranz.

Mark and Danelle welcomed us and we unpacked what we needed to. After a few drinks and pizzas and a lekker lang kuier in Mark's office we all went to bed. Coenie and I ending up sharing a double bed, but in seperate sleeping bags. Although we are good friends neither of us were ready to take our friendship to the "sharing a duvet" level yet. The next morning Mark and Danelle made us a brekkie that would put the Mount Nelson to shame. We tucked in on bacon, eggs, sausages, toast mushrooms and truely bottomless coffee. That sustained us for the rest of the day. We thanked our hosts many times already, but I have to mention it here again, their hospitality knows no bounds. We dropped off all the goodies that were couriered from CT to the Wesrand, and Coenie took us through Joh'burg traffic to get to Cassie's house in Benoni. Linda made us a nice cuppa and we met up with mark Gunta as well.

We arrived in Nelspruit at the Bee Eater's Farm venue about an hour late and got stuck into the competitions immediately. Unfortunately Dirk and I was disqualified from the competition, as we were both qualified 4x4 driver facilitators, and that would have given us an unfair advantage, so the teams were re-arranged, with Gunta and Stubbsie joining forces to create the new Top Gun team with Maveric and Goose T-shirts made by Stubbsie. Dirk and I became observers, and also got to do everything the teams did but in our own time, and no points were awarded.

The format of the Challenge is something new, and incorporates accredited 4x4 driver training and 8 practical driving stages. The teams are split in 2 groups, and while 1 group is out doing the practical driving stages, the other group takes part in the "Knowledge" part of the competition. After an hour, the 2 groups change over. Points are awarded for knowledge and for practical skills during all the stages. Then there was the dreaded "Tyre Change" stage where the teams had to change a tyre on a vehicle, plug a punctured tyre, and take a tyre off a rim completely, and put it back on again. This was the only stage Dirk and I decided we were not going to do, it looked too much like hard work in the hot sun, so we decided to man the cameras and drive other stages in stead.

Right off the bat the Cassie/Coenie team shot into the lead, which they held until very late on Saturday when another team overtook them to win the heat. The teams will have to tell you more about their experiences during the competition, but it was abundantly clear that they were having a ball and that the competitive spirits were running high.

After all was said and done on Saturday evening the results were announced and it turned out that the Cassie/Coenie team finished in 2nd position. The standard of Heat 6 (our heat) was so high that the top 3 finishers also took the top 3 positions in the overall standings. There is a distinct possibility that the Cassie/Coenie team can advance to the finals! That night there was much merrymaking and a huge bushfire and everybody was happy and a good vibe buzzed through the camp.

Sunday morning was exam time, where all the participants wrote the formal exam to ensure that they can be accredited as offroad vehicle operators. Here Stubbsie took the honours by scoring 100%, with the other Hilux4x4 entrants breathing in his neck. There was some commotion with a black mamba that was killed on the farm and some of the guys wanted to scare the girls with the dead snake, but the only one who got scared stiff repeatedly was Mark Gunta. It was a sort of lazy morning, with the competition over, so Dirk and I took a Triton and drove the stages we didnt get to the day before. We did the pole-bridge, where a few guys drove off, and drove up the rocky mountain track. The Triton performed surprisingly well, only being hampered by lack of ground clearance, but with the spotter out ahead pointing out the best line, we made it up and over some serious rocks with minimal bottom-scraping. The 3.2 DiD motor is powerful and very responsive. We also enjoyed it on the skid pan, drifting it around the markers and scaring the marshall in charge of the skid-pan, who held on for dear life. I think the fact that Dirk and I both grew up in Bellville has something to do with it. By about 11H30 the organisers made said the last word, certificates were handed out and everybody shook hands and started packing up. We left Bee Eaters at about 12H00. Coenie was behind the wheel and in Joh'burg we said goodbye to Cassie and Mark.

We were bushed, after a hectic weekend, but despite that and the long trek home lying ahead of us, the guys were still making jokes and laughing in the car. Spirits were high. Coenie got us lost at one stage but with 3 BB's and a Garmin we found our way again soon and we left the Big Smoke behind us. by the time we reached Potch it was dark, and I took over the wheel after a Steers cheese burger and chips and a couple of Red Bulls. At the road works between Klerkies and Stubbsie's retirement destination, we saw THIS in front of us. We overtook it because we were afraid it might topple over on top of us, as the load was visibly shifting to the right.
RS_DSC03370.JPG
I was only supposed to drive to Kimberley, but after a very nice cuppa I was still good to go, so I gave Dirk another hour of zzz's before his shift started. At Strydenburg I pulled over and Dirk took the wheel. It was very cold on the Karoo vlaktes and Strydenburg seemed like a ghost town at 01H00 in the morning. From then on we were all very tired, Stubbsie taking over from Koek Susters to Touwsriver where I took over the wheel. We encountered scattered showers from Laingsburg already, but from Touwsriver all the way home it was raining buckets, which slowed our progress to a crawl in some places. Eventually we made it to Gordon's Bay where Dirk's wife welcomed us with hot freshly baked scones and coffee.

At about 11H30 everybody was dropped off and Stubbsie and I drove to Hoppy's to see what progress there was on Stubbsie's flying-machine. Sad news, it was badly stoofed. But Stubbsie can tell us all about that later. I eventually got home and after unpacking the Ford and throwing away about 20 empty coke bottles and countless Steers wrappers I was about ready for bed.....

I am sure I speak for the entire team when I say we all had a super time, and that this was an experience that will stay with us until the end of our days. The long drive up and down, virtually accross the entire RSA, twice, in one weekend left us all with aching bones, sore joints and scratchy eyes, but satisfied.

Until next year, when we'll do it all over again. But plans are afoot to present the SA 4x4 Trailmaster Challenge country wide next year, meaning we wont have to leave the Western Cape, and all the Hilux4x4 manne can join in to test their Trailmaster skills against drivers of rival makes on a level playing field. We already proved that our guys have got what it takes to compete at the highest levels and make the cut. Thanks to the Cape Town guys who joined me in the adventure, for your help, time and patience, and also thanks to those who assisted us along the way. Without you guys this would not have been as much fun.

Stuart getting ready for a radical NASCAR overtaking manoeuver....
RS_IMG00049-20110526-1718.jpg
Dirk catching a few zzzzz's
RS_IMG00043-20110526-1242.jpg
OOOOOPS they still roll... Just outside Klerkies.
RS_IMG00048-20110526-1700.jpg
Watering the veld
RS_IMG00041-20110526-1206.jpg
Thys de Jager

Donkey
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Vehicle: 2002 3.0KZ-TE 4x4, Eazyawn RTT, Snorkel, NudgeM Bumper, 38mm Ball Joint Spacers, 35" Maxxis Bighorns, Dastek Unichip, 60 ltr Snomaster fridge/freezer, 40mm body lift, Mikem front/rear with extended shackles, Bilsteins shox rear
Club VHF Licence: X122

Post by Donkey »

You guys had fun, thanks for the trip reports. Will patiently wait on the pics.
Tumelo Maketekete
Donkey, simple and often misunderstood.
We don't stop playing because we grow old, but we grow old because we stop playing!

2002 - 3.0KZ-TE Toyota Hilux (Letebele)
1994 - 1.6i Gl Toyota Corolla (Platkar)
1990 - Gli TwinCam 16v (ZuluBoy)

ImageImage
Family_Dog

Post by Family_Dog »

Brilliant reports, Cassie & Thys.

And Thys, remember to :wave: when you next drive thru' Klerkies....

-F_D

Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

Entertaining reads, both of them! Thanks for the outstanding reports, guys! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

It sounds like this was an event not to be missed and I was a little saddened for not being able to attend (time and distance), but equally relieved to hear that it will be rolled out nationally next year. Will certainly make a point of attending that one! ;-)

Now I'm really looking forward to the pics and clips! :D:

ThysdJ

Post by ThysdJ »

Cassie on the skid pan:
IMG_4888.jpg
Coenie on the skid pan:
IMG_4890.jpg
Me on the skid pan:
IMG_4913.jpg
Campsite:
IMG_4919.jpg
Thys de Jager

King Rat
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Vehicle: Hilux

Post by King Rat »

I never know where to start on something like this, I’m not as articulate in my writing as Thys and Cassie and will not even attempt it but here goes:
Thank you to Mark and his family for putting us up for the night! Mark and I discover that the world is very small place indeed as we grew up in the same street about 3 houses away and that his dog almost killed me at some stage :shh: :oops: .

Also I want to thank Thys for the kind use of the Fjord there and back and for putting up with all the trees I felled! Dirk and Stu, thanks for the entertainment! My knees was sore and my stomach so so naar because of all the laughing. :sick:

If anyone on the forum that have any doubts about Cassie’s off-road abilities I can vouch for them as I would not have done so well if it wasn’t for him. And as an aside, his time on the skidpan was out of this world compared to anyone else so he’s good at rally driving as well. :boss:

Anyway, I’m holding thumbs for Mozambique...
:beg:
Datsun GX Coupe 1200
99 Subaru Legacy GT
07 Alfa Romeo GT 3.2 V6

Lampropeltis getula californiae, Orthriophis taeniura friesi, Morelia spilota, Python brongersmai, Epicrates chenchria maurus, Python regius
CasKru

Post by CasKru »

King Rat wrote:I never know where to start on something like this, I’m not as articulate in my writing as Thys and Cassie and will not even attempt it but here goes:
Thank you to Mark and his family for putting us up for the night! Mark and I discover that the world is very small place indeed as we grew up in the same street about 3 houses away and that his dog almost killed me at some stage :shh: :oops: .

Also I want to thank Thys for the kind use of the Fjord there and back and for putting up with all the trees I felled! Dirk and Stu, thanks for the entertainment! My knees was sore and my stomach so so naar because of all the laughing. :sick:

If anyone on the forum that have any doubts about Cassie’s off-road abilities I can vouch for them as I would not have done so well if it wasn’t for him. And as an aside, his time on the skidpan was out of this world compared to anyone else so he’s good at rally driving as well. :boss:
Die check is in die pos :twisted: :twisted:
Anyway, I’m holding thumbs for Mozambique...
:beg:
Jis tjomma... ek kan ook nou nie meer wag vir Sondag nie... dan weet ons of ons gly of bly :beg: :beg:
To God be the glory
ThysdJ

Post by ThysdJ »

CasKru wrote:Jis tjomma... ek kan ook nou nie meer wag vir Sondag nie... dan weet ons of ons gly of bly :beg: :beg:
Sal darem NICE wees as ons Hilux4x4 op die map kan sit in Moz. :thumbup: :thumbup: Ons hou styf duime vas.. :acute: :acute: :acute:
Thys de Jager

Gunta

Post by Gunta »

I am sure you guys will be fine. :beach:
CasKru

Post by CasKru »

ThysdJ wrote:
CasKru wrote:Jis tjomma... ek kan ook nou nie meer wag vir Sondag nie... dan weet ons of ons gly of bly :beg: :beg:
Sal darem NICE wees as ons Hilux4x4 op die map kan sit in Moz. :thumbup: :thumbup: Ons hou styf duime vas.. :acute: :acute: :acute:
Wel vandag maak die 2de laaste groep klaar dan is dit nog net die een groep........... iemand ken nie dalk vir Thinus wat kan uitvind hoe lyk die punte stand op die oomblik nie :twisted: :twisted:
To God be the glory
CasKru

Post by CasKru »

Gunta wrote:I am sure you guys will be fine. :beach:
Would like to think so but how's that saying.... don't count your chickens before they've crossed the road :twisted:
To God be the glory
ThysdJ

Post by ThysdJ »

Ek sal bietjie later vir Oom Tiens 'n luitjie gee om die puntestand uit te vind... :thumbup: :thumbup:
Thys de Jager

CasKru

Post by CasKru »

ThysdJ wrote:Ek sal bietjie later vir Oom Tiens 'n luitjie gee om die puntestand uit te vind... :thumbup: :thumbup:
Daai sal nogal gaaf wees..... dan weet ons ten minste of ons nog in die running is :D: :D:
To God be the glory
ThysdJ

Post by ThysdJ »

Thys de Jager

Return to “National”