Gas lifts / Gas Struts

We like to moan when we receive bad service, but why not praise somebody for exceptional service your received from them for a change? Do it here, let us know who we can use and who we can trust.
Samurai
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: 2008 Hilux Raider 3.0 D-4D D/C 4X4
ORRA Call Sign: X209

Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:33 pm

Last week I had the gas lifts replaced on Buster's canopy. What a mission finding a supplier in PTA! This is after Midas did not have the correct size, and not wanting to drive to Silverton or to PTA West. :?

I was given a business card for Des Malan from Lift Fill Field Services (Pty) Ltd. I gave Des a call and he said he could still help me that very same day. :thumbup:

When Des arrived, he measured the Gas Lifts / Struts, and filled them to the correct pressure for the application, I think it was 220n or 250n (the canopy door is not too heavy). He fitted the new ones and then re-gassed the old ones free of charge (now I have a spare set). :thumbup:

I can't remember the make he fitted, all I know is they are manufactured in Korea for an Australian company. They have a double seal whereas, for example, some brands only have 1 seal. He offers a 2 year guarantee on this product, which is great considering other brands offer only a 1 year guarantee. :thumbup: :thumbup:

So now some of you are probably wondering why I just didn't refill and use the old ones... :slap: So... The old ones are approximately 5 years old, and there would be no guarantee that they would last another year, let alone 2 years. I can have peace of mind that these new ones have the 2 year guarantee and I won't have to sukkel!! :cooldude:

Cost was R400.00 for both, Des came to me and did the job on the premises (after hours), 2 year guarantee and friendly service! What a bargain and a pleasure! :thumbup: :thumbup:

I can definitely recommend Des for any kind of Gas Strut / Gas Lift that you need!

He can be contacted on 083 874 1114 and emailed on liftfill@gmail.com

http://liftfill.wozaonline.co.za

:mexwave:

"from this day to the ending of the world... we in it shall be remembered. We lucky few, we band of brothers.
For he who today shed his blood with me shall be my brother."

Pote
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Hartbeespoort
Vehicle: Fortuner D4d 4x4 & VW Passat
ORRA Call Sign: X228

Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:07 pm

It is good to hear there is still people out there wanting to give good service....

Umpalumpa
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Centurion
Vehicle: Hilux 3.0 D-4D DC, 4x4=16
ORRA Call Sign: HC305

Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:45 pm

Pote wrote:It is good to hear there is still people out there wanting to give good service....
and thus should be mentioned!! Excellent!! :thumbup: :thumbup:
Just a guy with a passion for 4x4.....

Mylux
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Roodepoort
Vehicle: 4.0L V6 Vigo 4x4
ORRA Call Sign: HC249

Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:50 pm

Hi Stuart,
thanks for this info. Are they able to supply gas struts for the tailgate lowering? There is a company in Midrand that does them but they are very pricey!

Cheers Greg

chopper
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Witpoort Pretoria
Vehicle: 2000 Hilux Surf

Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:10 pm

Stuart,
Thank you for sharing this - I haven't been able to replace the gas struts on my Cruiser and I think think I've found a solution :thumbup:
To fly is heaven ...... to Hover is Divine !!!!

Samurai
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers

Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:41 pm

Mylux wrote:Hi Stuart,
thanks for this info. Are they able to supply gas struts for the tailgate lowering? There is a company in Midrand that does them but they are very pricey!

Cheers Greg
Hi! I'm not sure, you'd have to give Des a call and see if he can help, if he can't, he might know someone that can! :thumbup:

"from this day to the ending of the world... we in it shall be remembered. We lucky few, we band of brothers.

Samurai
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers

Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:42 pm

chopper wrote:Stuart,
Thank you for sharing this - I haven't been able to replace the gas struts on my Cruiser and I think think I've found a solution :thumbup:
It's a pleasure, I'm sure he's your man for this! :thumbup:

Return to “Good Service”

• Information