Discussion form for the Toyota Prado
Ou vale1
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Heidelberg
Vehicle: Hilux 2.5 D4D

Yokohama tyres?

Post by Ou vale1 »

After my Namibian trip and all the punctures with the Bridgestone A/T's I desided to go another way.
Just fitted Yokohama Geolanders, but the soft sidewalls is a concern to me. Anybody have experience
with these tyres and how they will hold up hitting the gravel?
Theodorus
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Honeydew Jhb
Vehicle: HILUX

Yokohama tyres?

Post by Theodorus »

How many ply do they have had a set 30 9 15 and they never gave me a flat

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?zycpzm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Mylux
Ou vale1
Town: Heidelberg
Vehicle: Hilux 2.5 D4D

Re: Yokohama tyres?

Post by Ou vale1 »

Read something about the colored dots on tyres but was'nt sure at the time so asked Mr Moodley about it. He assured me it's all about quality checks. Googled Yokohama today and found that those dots are specific, yellow must line up with the valve on the rim and the red indicate the "high spot" on the tyre to indicate where weights should go to balance it. Obviously Mr Moodley was Reddy to dispute this and convince me that his balancing machine has taken care of the problem, but after some abbrasive convincing and rubbing the invoice under his nose (R10k+) the car is now running as if on slippers. Each manufacturer have their own coding system, but assure that fitment centres comply, it could cost you many Km's on tyre wear and consumption.
Hoppy
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: Hilux SFA & IFS

Post by Hoppy »

You go Google!
aev@iburst.co.za
The trouble with trouble is...it always starts as fun.
The most precious jewels you will ever wear around your neck is the arms of your children...
" I WOULD RATHER SIT ON THE TAILGATE OF MY HILUX WITH A BEER AND A CHOP, WATCHING A FIRE, THAN DINE IN THE BEST RESTAURANT IN TOWN "
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Post by Mud Dog »

Had Yoko Super Diggers ..... cut sidewalls on 3 separate occasions, one on a gravel road! Very soft sidewalls, think they're only 1 ply. :think:
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!

Return to “Toyota Prado 4x4 Forum”