4,0 V6 Prado Cat removal.

Discussion form for the Toyota Prado
jacques kotze
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Nelspruit
Vehicle: 2,8 4x4 Auto Fortuner. 2,8 4x4 Hilux singlecab.

4,0 V6 Prado Cat removal.

Post by jacques kotze »

Ek wil hoor wat is julle opinies oor die cat removal op die 4,0l V6 Prado ? Maak dit n verskil in krag/brandstof en wat sal dit kos om dit uit te haal?
Thabogrobler
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: '02 'Lux KZ
Club VHF Licence: x223

Re: 4,0 V6 Prado Cat removal.

Post by Thabogrobler »

Dit sal verseker 'n verskil maak op krag en brandstof, hoeveel hang af van die kilo's wat die ou op het. So oor 100k dan sal jy onmiddelik 'n verskil voel, minder km's kleiner verskil.

Kan nie baie kos nie, sit net 'n freeflow box in die cat se plek, hy mag dalk so rapsie meer raas.

As jy ooit Welkom toe gaan, daar reg oorkant Autoquip en Human Motors is 'n klein Exhaust shoppie, DJ Motors, in Constantia straat, praat met Dean, hy ken van exhaust bou!

076 887 4882
Last edited by Thabogrobler on Tue May 14, 2013 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
'02 KZ 'Lux. Cooled. Chipped. Onca'd. Cherished!

If you are a diesel fan, raise your hand.
If you aren't raising your hand, raise your standards!

A 4x4 is merely a machine that enables you to get stuck further away from civilization.
jacques kotze
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by jacques kotze »

Dankie Thabo, Hy het nou so 160 000km op. Ek wil graag die cats uit haal maar wil ne regtig meer geraas he nie. Is nie bekommerd oor meer krag nie, hy het genoeg daarvan soos hy is, sal wel die brandstof wil verbeter. Sal maar met hulle gaan praat en hoor of daar dalk n goue middel weg is. Dankie baie!!
Dingo
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Kempton Park
Vehicle: 95 4x4 DC Hilux, 7MG engine, EFS suspension, Home made custom off-road canopy.

Post by Dingo »

I've had a look into removing the 'cat' on my Prado, went and spoke to the guys at Viper Exhausts, Kempton Park. I see they have quite a good report from some of the forum members.

The issue that we have with the V6 is that the 'cat' sits in the manifold, to remove the cat properly you need to replace the manifold with branches.

Viper quoted me for a complete system - R7500.

They also said that it is a waste of time in only doing a free flow exhaust and leaving the standard manifold - the only thing that you'll get is a better engine note.

To improve on the fuel consumption and power and response, you'd need to do the whole thing.

That is the story from Viper - be interesting to hear if anybody else has a different take on it.
Donkey
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Johannesburg
Vehicle: 2002 3.0KZ-TE 4x4, Eazyawn RTT, Snorkel, NudgeM Bumper, 38mm Ball Joint Spacers, 35" Maxxis Bighorns, Dastek Unichip, 60 ltr Snomaster fridge/freezer, 40mm body lift, Mikem front/rear with extended shackles, Bilsteins shox rear
Club VHF Licence: X122

Post by Donkey »

Alternatetively, place the milk bowl further away from the Prado, eventually the cat will get thirsty from the heat generated in the engine bay, and come out on it's own to drink the milk. While this is happening make sure that engine bay is completely sealed so that cat does not go back. Being such a small animal I'm not sure if that much less weight will make any noticeable difference and I cannot justify that amount quoted from Viper. If all else fail, try local vet, may work out cheaper. :mocking: :lmao: :surrender:

Could not resist :bye:
Tumelo Maketekete
Donkey, simple and often misunderstood.
We don't stop playing because we grow old, but we grow old because we stop playing!

2002 - 3.0KZ-TE Toyota Hilux (Letebele)
1994 - 1.6i Gl Toyota Corolla (Platkar)
1990 - Gli TwinCam 16v (ZuluBoy)

ImageImage
HennieO
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Bellville
Vehicle: '98 Hilux DC 2.7;2012 MB ML350;2016 MB C220 BLUETEC; 1999 VW GOLF 1.6; VW Caddy P/V

Post by HennieO »

Donkey wrote:Alternatetively, place the milk bowl further away from the Prado, eventually the cat will get thirsty from the heat generated in the engine bay, and come out on it's own to drink the milk. While this is happening make sure that engine bay is completely sealed so that cat does not go back. Being such a small animal I'm not sure if that much less weight will make any noticeable difference and I cannot justify that amount quoted from Viper. If all else fail, try local vet, may work out cheaper. :mocking: :lmao: :surrender:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
ToyX4
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Ottosdal
Vehicle: Rocky's

Post by ToyX4 »

lank terug het ek ook perongeluk n Prado gehad. Het al die cats uit gehaal. Nie regtig n noemenswaardige verskil in brandstof verbruik gekry nie. Maar ek ry hard, en petrol was goedkoop, so ek was nie te erg gepla oor brandstof verbruik nie. Maar daai V6 het nie te sleg geklink nie.
ImageImage
smokintyres
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Windhoek
Vehicle: Hilux 4.0 V6, relatively standard; for now...

Post by smokintyres »

Donkey wrote:Alternatetively, place the milk bowl further away from the Prado, eventually the cat will get thirsty from the heat generated in the engine bay, and come out on it's own to drink the milk. While this is happening make sure that engine bay is completely sealed so that cat does not go back. Being such a small animal I'm not sure if that much less weight will make any noticeable difference and I cannot justify that amount quoted from Viper. If all else fail, try local vet, may work out cheaper. :mocking: :lmao: :surrender:

Donkey = Clown :tease: Good one :thumbup: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
Tal
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Kroonstad
Vehicle: Fortuna

Post by Tal »

Lekker lag ek nou!!![FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY][FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY][FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]
ONE LIFE.... DRIVE A TOYOTA
jacques kotze
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by jacques kotze »

Dankie Donkey, The Prado has got 4 of these damn cats. It will take about a liter of milt to get them out. :lol: :lol:
Rianc
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: 2.8GD6 Double CabHilux 4X4

Post by Rianc »

Shame on you guys! As die Kat weg is, is Mause baas!

Return to “Toyota Prado 4x4 Forum”