Prado 90 value

Discussion form for the Toyota Prado
Dave'O
Town: Newcastle
Vehicle: Prado 3.4 VX

Prado 90 value

Post by Dave'O »

Good day,
I drive an ex Australian legally imported Prado 90. It's a 3.4 V6 VX Grande 1996 manufactured model. According to the previous owner it was bought in 1997 but registered under the year of manufacture when brought into SA. I would like to ask the boffins on the group a few questions.

Is it a 1996 or 1997 model?
What is the difference between Oz spec and SA spec?
What is the realistic value of the vehicle? It is insured for R92k but a local garage told me it's only worth R50k as a trade in.

Thanks for the assistance.

Dave
Family_Dog
Town: Klerksdorp
Vehicle: Hilux DC SFA, Hilux 2.7 DC, Hilux 2.7 SC, Prado 95 VX
Club VHF Licence: HC101

Re: Prado 90 value

Post by Family_Dog »

I don't know what the difference in spec between the two models might be, James Cameron might be able to give some advice on that. The trade & retail figures sound about right, retail might be closer to R85k though, R92k sounds a bit high. Still an excellent vehicle, I am not interested in selling mine, enjoy it more than the Merc.

-F_D

White Fang: 1999 2.7i DC Raider 4x4
Bull Dog: 1987 4Y-EFI 2.2 DC 4x4
Pra Dog: 1998 Prado VX 3.4
Hound Dog: 2000 2.7i SC 4x4

One Staffie, One Jack Russell, One Ring Neck Screecher, 17 Fish of questionable heritage

Dave'O
Town: Newcastle
Vehicle: Prado 3.4 VX

Post by Dave'O »

Thanks for the prompt reply. I agree that it's a fantastic vehicle and a pleasure to drive. I previously drove an ML270 but I enjoy the Prado more. Unfortunately I need to get myself a bakkie hence my question on the value. Are all your vehicles petrol? Thanks again, Dave
JamesC
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Potchefstroom
Vehicle: SRX 2.5 4x4 D/C

Post by JamesC »

Dave, not too sure that the specs would differ too much. They were all built in Brazil and exported all over. I know in one instance a slight headlight change was made for the SA models. Had something to do with fog lights I think.

Values sounds ball park. Bottom line: the Prado is worth WAY more than the trade or retail and I have gone through this exercise MAny times...I concluded: best to hang on to the Prado and make a plan re: vehicle No2...
James Cameron

Return to “Toyota Prado 4x4 Forum”