Moonunit
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: Lumina

Prado VX Diesel 2011

Post by Moonunit »

Hi All

Picked up a Prado VX diesel on the weekend, it has a slight problem while cruising every now and then, where it has a slight stutter under light throttle, if I press the accelerator slightly harder it goes away. The previous owner did take in to Toyota(George) to sort out the problem but they didn't have stock of the part. It seems no one has stock in the country after phoning around. The part is a "Cap Assy, Fuel Filter" part number - 2338030301.

Now I was wondering since the Hulix's and Prado's share the same motor would there not be an equivilent part for the Hilux? One of my friends experienced something similar with his D4D Hulix a while ago.

And help or advise would be appreciated.

The navigation system also seems somewhat outdated, does anyone know how to update it or where to get this done?

Thanks
Knuppel
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Somewhere in Africa
Vehicle: '87 SFA HILUX D/CAB

Re: Prado VX Diesel 2011

Post by Knuppel »

The only other vehicle sharing that part number is the prado 120!
Image Link Broken
Moonunit
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: Lumina

Re: Prado VX Diesel 2011

Post by Moonunit »

Thanks Knuppel for the feedback. According to Toyota they don't have any for the Hilux's or Prado's. Guess the parts guy didn't check or offer the Hilux cause then he would've said its different part numbers.

So spoke to APS, they said they see this all the time, apparently it is caused by the diesel filter, they(Toyota) don't change it with every service because the service manual recommends every 45000km. Taking there tomorrow and hopefully it is solved. Toyota wanted to charge R660.00 to diagnose and confirm the issue, if it is that part number then 3 weeks delivery from Japan and another R660 to install even though it takes a few minutes. Damn stealers...

With regards to the satnav system it is R5500.00 to update, ridiculous if you ask me considering that it should be a free service. Toyota are smoking rocks, cheaper to buy a high end GPS.

Return to “Toyota Prado 4x4 Forum”