How do you determine a legitimate provider?

Proper 4x4 training is important for all 4x4 owners.
pietpetoors
Town: Langebaan
Vehicle: 2.7 Hilux 4x4 DC
Club VHF Licence: X27

How do you determine a legitimate provider?

Post by pietpetoors »

Received this from African Offroad:
Dear Pieter

I trust this mail finds you well, with the winter on our doorstep and Botswana flooding we will definitely have a bumber training season ahead of us.
Several enquiries reach my desk requesting clarification of certain allegedly accredited providers, not answering their queries and appearing to be illegitimate.

THE QUESTION IS: HOW DO I DETERMINE WHETHER PROVIDER #XYZABCDEFG# IS AN ACCREDITED PROVIDER TO FACILITATE AND ASSES A SPECIFIC UNIT STANDARD.( ALL TEACHERS ARE NOT MATH’S TEACHERS AND ALL SCHOOLS ARE NOT TECHNICAL SCHOOLS.)

The fact that several providers will come forward in the near future and present themselves as accredited is inevitable, to establish the real ones from the wannabee’s is not so easy and this is where I am trying to help.

To avoid burning your fingers I suggest the following steps:

Determine which unit standard will be presented? Unit standards are approved by SAQA and will appear on the SAQA webpage on the following link: http://allqs.saqa.org.za/search.php?cat=unit" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Enter the unit standard number US235135 and search, click on the us number and the accredited providers will appear on the specific unit standard. In the case of US254135 go to http://allqs.saqa.org.za/showUnitStandard.php?id=254135" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; You will find all the accredited providers on the unit standard.

It does not necessary mean that if a provider has been accredited by TETA and listed at “Accredited Providers” on the TETA website, that this provider is accredited to train this specific unit standard.

The same rule applies to assessors and moderators.

I trust that you found this information useful, if you have any other questions don’t hesitate to contact me.
Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow!
1999 Hilux 2.7i 4x4 Raider DC with 3.4 Prado V6. Rear diff-lock, Bull Bar and rock sliders, 31" Cooper ST Maxx, Snorkel, Alu-Canopy, VHF Motorolla radio, West Coast Rust, Mikem Suspension, Ball Joint Spacers in front and Mikem extended shackles at the rear, 25watt LED Spots

Return to “Off-road Training”