4x4 Drivers Training 16 - 18 July 2010

Proper 4x4 training is important for all 4x4 owners.
Paul Weskus
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Town: Dwarskersbos
Vehicle: Hilux

4x4 Drivers Training 16 - 18 July 2010

Post by Paul Weskus »

AFRICAN OFFROAD ACADEMY beplan 'n o.v.o.c ( offroad vehicle operator certificate) geakrediteerde opleidingsnaweek op 16 - 18 jullie 2010 aan die Weskus (moontlik Kleintafelberg)
Enige belangstellendes kan my kontak by paulm@bestcom.co.za
Last edited by Paul Weskus on Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:04 pm, edited 5 times in total.
ThysdJ
Town: Brackenfell
Vehicle: 2010 Hilux D4D 3.0 D/C 4x4
Club VHF Licence: HC102

Re: 4x4 drivers training

Post by ThysdJ »

Nice Paul. Ek wens ek kon die naweek ook bywoon. :thumbup: :thumbup:
Thys de Jager
CEO and Refreshments Manager at Team Offroad.

2010 Hilux 3.0 D4D D/C 4x4 with GOMAD "Brood" Canopy. Tripod.
1997 Jeep Wrangler TJ 4.0 Sport. The original SFA. AGA... Gooi kole
email: thys@teamoffroad.co.za

Like Team Offroad on Facebook...
ThysdJ

Re: 4x4 Drivers Training

Post by ThysdJ »

Here are some pictures from the previous training session at Klein Tafelberg. Posted on behalf of Paul. :thumbup:
DSC_0071.JPG
DSC_0118.JPG
DSC_0125.JPG
IMG_0030.JPG
IMG_0038.JPG
IMG_0040.JPG
IMG_0043.JPG
IMG_0046.JPG
If you can join them, do so, this training course is highly recommended! :thumbup: :thumbup:
Thys de Jager

george
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Velddrif
Vehicle: Triton 3.5l V6
Club VHF Licence: HC107

Re: 4x4 Drivers Training 21-23 MEI 2010

Post by george »

Jis Paul.

Begin julle al die Vrydag of kan 'n mens die Saterdag oggend daar aankom?

Groete
George
"The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.-Saint Augustine"
Paul Weskus
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD

Post by Paul Weskus »

Jis George
Ek het vir jou n pm gestuur
Groete
Paul
troopie charlie
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: FJ45 land Cruiser troopie-1983

Post by troopie charlie »

Hi Paul

I am not in Sa but am interested in a training course in November 2010. Pls keep me informed of dates and prices. You can send me an email ta info@soultouring.com. I am really only interested in a course that make me an accredited Theta (Deat) 4x4 guide. Is your course so?... Pls let me know. Thks Charles :thumbup:
SORRY NO HILUX - 1983 FJ45 LC "troopie" 6cyl 4.2L 2F petrol engine
I have been watching time in the city fly by, getting back to nature when I can makes it all worthwhile. http://www.soultouring.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Paul Weskus
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD

Post by Paul Weskus »

Dear 4x4 owner / off-road enthusiast,

4x4 training has entered a new era!

After years of hard work 2 Unit Standards for 4x4 Driver Training was registered with the NQF(National Qualifications Framework), this means that anyone who gives himself out as a 4x4 Instructor and school, need to be registered as a service provider with the relevant Seta (Sector Education Training Authority). Then as service provider he must have trained facilitators/instructors to conduct the training, but also must have Assessors to assess the training by means of an open book test and a practical evaluation. After this process the Assessor sends the results to a Moderator who after moderation sends the results to the Seta, who issues Driver Competency Certificates to successful trainees. For the first time training on the same standard right through South Africa will be possible and the certificates will be worth something.
From now on the insurance industry will no longer recognise certificates from the old process and not only will it influence your premium, but also the assessment of claims in "4x4' situations.
A law will soon be passed where 4x4 route owners/operators, will ask for your accredited "competency certificate" before you will be allowed to drive on that route. Driving off-road in national parks will also require accredited driver training.

African Off-road Academy is proud to be the first 4x4 & Off-Road Training Provider to be accredited under TETA to train the unit standards US125135/254154 for 4x4 & Off-Road driver training.

When you get training from us, you can be qualified on unit standard 254135 and obtain 4 credits on NQF (National Qualifications Framework) level 3.
Our training standards far exceed the unit requirements to ensure that you will be a capable operator of your vehicle in off-road conditions.
For the experienced 4x4 and off-road driver we will be providing an RPL (Recognition of Prior Learning) process as we recognize your previous training and experience.
Training in the Western Cape will be held at Klein Tafelberg in Redelinghuys. This will be done as a weekend getaway. Friday evening and Saturday morning will get the theory out of the way and the rest of Saturday will be enjoyed with practical training. Assessments will be done during Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning. Two accredited instructors and an accredited assessor will be on hand the whole weekend to answer all your questions. All meals are fully catered for, from Friday supper to Sunday breakfast.
The price includes the following:
-Five meals
-Camping for the weekend
-Use of the trail for Saturday and Sunday
-Accredited training.
-Accredited assessment
-Letter of attendance
-Moderation
-Accredited Competency Certificate from the SETA (this gets mailed to you)

The cost is R3000 per vehicle and one driver.
Passengers pay R1000 per person.
Children eat and camp for free.

If you have any questions or need more info please feel free to contact us.
Anton Ferreira (Assessor) 0794009889 / email: training@the4x4co.com
Dirk Theron (Instructor) 0713868926 / email: dirk@hodgetravel.net
Riaan VD Berg (Instructor) 0827895027 / email: training@the4x4co.com
Paul Minnaar (Instructor) 0761251189 / email: paulm@bestcom.co.za
Or visit our website: http://www.africanoffroad.co.za;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; http://www.the4x4co.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Please respond to the training weekend as soon as possible as only a limited number of vehicles are allowed for the weekend.
Reply to any of the above e-mail addresses with your full contact details.
Downanddirty
Town: Benoni
Vehicle: toyota

Re: 4x4 Drivers Training 16 - 18 July 2010

Post by Downanddirty »

Hi Paul, look forward to seeing your pics, good luck, like Thys, I wish I could come down too.
I am planning an African Off-road Academy day for east rand soon, the guys out here are pretty hardcore and I am sure we will get a lot of support.

Cheers
Paul is an Approved Instructor of African Off-Road Academy based on the East Rand of Gauteng. African Off-Road Academy is an accredited Training Provider under TETA (TETA09-201) to train, assess and issue
official Off-Road Driver Certificates on the Unit Standards US 254135 and US 254154 for 4x4 & Off-Road Driving. paul@africanadventureclub.org
ThysdJ

Re: 4x4 Drivers Training 16 - 18 July 2010

Post by ThysdJ »

Jinne you ouens.. you organise this every time when I cant go along.. :silent: :silent: :silent:
Thys de Jager

Return to “Off-road Training”