SOLD - SFA 1994 DC Hilux Lexus v8 for sale R115000

Advertise any vehicles for sale here.
Forum rules
When advertising something in this section the following rules apply:
1. You must add the price to the subject line and / or in the post. If you don't specify a price we will delete your ad. Click here if you are unsure
2. When advertising a vehicle please use the following template:
YEAR:
MILEAGE:
SERVICE HISTORY:
CONDITION:
EXTRAS AND MODIFICATIONS:
ANYTHING ELSE YOU WANT TO MENTION:
HONESTY SECTION:
ASKING PRICE:
PICTURES:
If you don't upload a photo we will delete your ad. Click here to find out how
3. Once the vehicle has been sold you must edit your post and put SOLD in the subject line.
EXAMPLE: 1981 Hilux - R8500
or SOLD - 1981 Hilux - R8500 - SOLD
4. Don't be a spammer. Introduce yourself and be part of the forum before trying to place an ad.
5. You MUST have a minimum Post Count of 10 before advertising here.

Note to respondents - Please respect the seller's right to determine a selling price and refrain from negative comments.
skipskrop
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Paarl
Vehicle: '94 Hilux SFA d/c 4x4xV8

Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:20 pm

1994 Toyota Hilux double cab Raider 2.4 petrol.

Accessories & mods:

TJM front bumper with recovery points, TJM winch, TJM spots.
TJM rear bumper with recovery points and removable tow hitch.
Steel rock sliders.
Steel roll bar.
33x12.5x15 Maxxis Mudder Mud Terrains on aluminum rims - 70% thread left no punctures yet.
2" spring over axle suspension lift.
2" raised front shock perches.
Old Man Emu military wrap leaf springs.
Long travel 9-way adjustable Rancho RS9000XL shocks. TJM long travel shocks comes with vehicle as extra.
Front diff 30mm moved forwards with longer heavy duty traction bar = more articulation, with full heavy duty cross-over steering system using Hilux IFS Toyota steering pump.
TJM steering damper.
Land Cruiser FJ vented front disk brakes with big piston Hilux KZTE calipers.
New rear brake drums, pistons, parts, etc.
4-pinion (strongest) open carrier in front diff.
4-pinion gearmax locker carrier in rear diff (still to connect locker).
4.875 diff ratios.
All bearings & seals in both diffs replaced including carrier bearings, ring & pinion bearings, wheel bearings etc.
Original Toyota axle shafts & birfields.
Heavy duty propshafts with high angle Hilux SFA double knuckles front & rear (rear diff to be clocked 100% and rear traction bar to be fitted - not yet done or manufactured). Rear prop tube as used on Toyota Dyna 4Ton truck.
1996 Lexus LS400 1UZ 4.0 V8 (round rail) engine with A341E auto with new cambelt, seals etc.
Powerflow exhaust system exits behind left rear door before rear wheel.
Brand new Spitronic management system & completely re-wired June 2016.
Spitronic Titan ECU system & Neptune 2 TCU system. Fully adjustable electronic controlled auto gearbox with 4-profile swith & Spitronic Lexus V8 shifter. Spitronic Idle control system.
Steel 8L rear bowl sump.
Heavy duty gearbox to transfer case 12mm tube adapter with new bearings & seals.
2 inch raised crossmember mod with new gearbox mounting.
New engine mountings.
4bar BMW petrol pump.
Brand new fuel lines.
Petrol tank piping re-done to 8mm ID = higher flow rate.
Fully operational Aircon.
4-core 12L capacity copper radiator.
Mercedes 280 Viscous fan.
Auto box oil cooler.
Electric fan manually controlled.
Thick sidewall 50x3.5mm roll bar inside cab for fitment of 4-point harnasses (not supplied with bakkie, or R3500 extra).
Independent front seats with centre console.
Escape Gear seat covers front & rear.
Rubber carpets front to rear inside cab.
Rubberised bin.
Complete re-spray 3 years ago with original colour (ice green).
Chassis anti-rust & corrosion painted 2 years ago.
Dual battery system. Extra battery above spare wheel, behind rear axle. Dual batt wiring, solenoid & National Luna batt monitor removed but comes with vehicle.

No aftermarket cheap aftermarket parts on this bakkie. Its all Toyota and proper brand names on this bakkie.

PM me
Attachments
IMG-20161211-WA0010.jpg
IMG-20161211-WA0001.jpg
IMG-20161026-WA0002.jpg
IMG-20160727-WA0011.jpg
IMG-20161211-WA0012.jpg
Last edited by skipskrop on Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
V8 SFA d/c. ;-)

Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.

Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:39 am

Very nice! :thumbup:

Reason for selling? Is she drinking you out of house and home? :D:
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!

Willem van Schalkwyk
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: Hilux

Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:10 pm

I Like a lot!
Are all the papers in order or must the registration with the V8 still be done??
I know someone that might be interested.

Ahmed moosaji
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Town: Eshowe
Vehicle: Suv

Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:25 pm

Milage?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

skipskrop
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD

Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:29 pm

Selling because I got a Jeep Rubicon 3.8 v6 with 42RLE auto and want to pay for a RUBICRAWLER - then I have 1:1 High RWD, 2.7:1 Low RWD with rear locker, 2.7 Low 4x4 with both Front 7 Rear lockers, 4:1 Low 4x4 with both Front and Rear lockers and a 10.88:1 Ultra deep Low with both Front and Rear lockers... but Advanced Adapters Rubicrawlers are very expensive, especially with our import duties and shipping 32kg from US of A and rand vs dollar rate.

Bakkie not used much anymore so selling otherwise it will just stand in the elements and its already jealous of the Jeep getting all the attention. BOSVARKIE stickers can be pulled off or kept on - its the choice of the new owner of course.

Vehicle is registered and has up-to-date to 2017 somewhere license disk, has all the papers and registration documents with this Lexus v8 in for more than 2 years already, so she is ready to go with no issues.

I haven't connected the vacuum locker in rear because I drive one foot on brake and one foot on the petrol and jiggle them in such a manner that I have had the locker in for 2 years but kinda forgot about it - never got stuck SOOO bad yet (Its a Hilux after all...). Its easy to connect - but had no time.

I am not doing the traction bar and diff clocking to zero degrees for traction bar fitment mod. I only mentioned it in advert for info. I wanted to do that because of the bit of axle wrap you get under serious power (squat) and the bit of hopping under heavy braking (rear wheels) with no load on the rear - its normal for spring over axle systems and high horse power but personally I don't like it. Others won't mind it at all. They all do it.

If I DO the diff clock and traction bar, the price will go up. But I simply haven't had the time to do it yet and won't be able to get to it in a few months. It comes with a bag full of new leaf spring bushes - mine is worn and the front makes clonck noises as you turn with it standing still on tar as the leafs move sideways and a thud in the rear as you pull away under power - same reason - bushes. Rear diff was stripped and checked last month and sweet - so its not carrier issues nor prop issues nor gearbox mounting issues. All those rubbers are new and proper. Diffs and most things were done 2 years ago and I have only done about 4'000km since then, if that much. Longest drive was from Durban to Moz Ponta du Ouro and back - 1'700km I think.

Mileage on clock is here in the mid 230-260k somewhere, not too sure, but as I said in advert, it has been re-wired fully, diffs fully overhauled from inside out, props fully overhauled, new mounting rubbers on engine and t/fer case, new shocks, new brakes, new oil cooler and piping, new petrol pump & piping, new radiator & piping, etc etc done in the course of the past 3 years. Yes, it was a money pit for sure, but I learned a lot about the vehicle and Lexus conversions. Especially about how to do it RIGHT.

Fuel consumption is actually MUCH better than the Rubicon. I get 5km/L with Rubicon on tar and 3.5-4km/L in the rough stuff. But this bakkie is much better in that department. Not too sure how much, as I do short trips and dont look at the km's and petrol costs. The grinn on my face of that v8 makes me jittery every time and it makes me not look at km's and petrol but rather the next foot plant roar opportunity instead... :lmao:

Will miss the v8, but hey, I got two 4x4's and next time it will be a buggy. With a lexus v8 auto and Spitronic 4 way profile switch system - programmable fun and total control - like this one - for sure...

Cheers
V8 SFA d/c. ;-)

Dadz Toy
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: SFA Hilux 4Y EFi $ 95 Series Prado
ORRA Call Sign: HC 286

Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:55 am

Wow!!

This Truck has every mod I want to do to Dadz!!

Someone is gonna score a very nice Christmas present!

Rich :cooldude:
Back from the Dead!
I dream of a 3UZ, but my 4Y just keeps going 100%
[img]
http://s349.photobucket.com/user/Richar ... 5.jpg.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;[/img]

TertiusK
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Oudtshoorn
Vehicle: 1990 Hilux 2.4D 4x4 DC Full MIKEM Suspension front and back + 2007 Kia Sportage 2.0 CRDI 4WD

Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:53 pm

Netjiese yster De Wit.!!

skipskrop
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD

Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:59 pm

Wat my mo£rig maak is ouens wat 100k soek vir standaard SFA wat 22 jaar oud is en geen diffs is gedoen nie, geen bearings nie, geen niks nie, net so, met 350k km op... Of is my prys te laag?

Miskien hou ek eerder maar die bakkie en oor 6 maande vir 160k adverteer of mis ek iets hier?????????
V8 SFA d/c. ;-)

Mud Dog
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.

Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:50 pm

Prys is baie meer as redelik maar dis 'n slegte tyd van die jaar om te verkoop.

Ek kan jou nou sê, as ek in die mark was, staan hy alreeds in my werf en al soek ek nie nog 'n sevende voertuig nie, moet ek myself streng inhaal om die wa nie te koop nie. Sou regtig baie daarvan hou om hom myne te maak, maar kan dit nie regverdig nie.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.

Stef
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: '98 LTD
ORRA Call Sign: X107

Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:13 am

skipskrop wrote:Wat my mo£rig maak is ouens wat 100k soek vir standaard SFA wat 22 jaar oud is en geen diffs is gedoen nie, geen bearings nie, geen niks nie, net so, met 350k km op... Of is my prys te laag?

Miskien hou ek eerder maar die bakkie en oor 6 maande vir 160k adverteer of mis ek iets hier?????????
Daar is diegene wat reken standaard is meer werd juis oor hy standaard is....persoonlik sal ek my LTD nie laat gaan vir onder R120k nie, maar ratkas laat oordoen, was nie nodig nie maar prevention = better than cure...diffs nog 100%, props & CB gedoen en dan so paar standaard extras soos EFi, suspension, LR tanks, winch en so aan...glad nie so fancy soos joune nie. As ek hom sou wou verkoop sal ek R120k vra al is hy 18 jaar oud, dis al waar jy my arm gedraai kan kry, ek het nie 'n saak wat ander mense sê oor "hoë perde" en "mark pryse" nie.

Vriend van my het ook 'n LTD, selle kleur & alles ,maar met die Lexus 1UZ, beste aanbod wat hy sover kon kry was R80k; hy se self hy moes eerder die EFi roete gegaan het want dan was sy bakkie meer werd....maar dis ook net 'n opinie.

Ek stem saam met Andy, geld is dun nou, ek sien dit maar aan ons syfers by die werk ook; daai bakkie van jou is 'n bargain met als wat daar in is, al koop jy 'n standaard '94 vir R80k en doen als wat aan joune gedoen is gaan mens maklik by R150K draai as j gelukkig is, baie contacts het en omtrent al die werk self doen. Ongelukkig verstaan die meerderheid mense dit nie, en die stigma rondom Lexus conversions tel ook nie in jou guns nie.

Ek dink jy moet net vasbyt, die regte koper sal kom...daars niks fout met jou prys nie :thumbup:

Mud Dog

Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:56 pm

The wife WANTS it!! .... :D:

Mud Dog

Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:30 pm

Ok, please give me first refusal until I have spoken with you. Will try phone you tonight if that's OK. (Please PM me your landline number if you have one). Thanks.

Family_Dog
Town: Klerksdorp
Vehicle: Hilux DC SFA, Hilux 2.7 DC, Hilux 2.7 SC, Prado 95 VX
ORRA Call Sign: HC101

Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:45 pm

Mud Dog wrote:The wife WANTS it!! .... :D:
The wife, Andy? Really? :mocking: :mocking: :mocking:

Enjoy that V8 growl!

-F_D

White Fang: 1999 2.7i DC Raider 4x4
Bull Dog: 1987 4Y-EFI 2.2 DC 4x4
Pra Dog: 1998 Prado VX 3.4
Hound Dog: 2000 2.7i SC 4x4

One Staffie, One Jack Russell, One Ring Neck Screecher, 17 Fish of questionable heritage

Mud Dog

Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:50 pm

Surprisingly yes, Eric. It would have been funny if I was just being cheeky, but truth be told, she enjoys the "V8 growl" as much as any of us, if not more. (She also loves the howl of an in-line 4 cylinder bike motor.)

In this case it's me trying to reason with her that it's not justified to add another vehicle to what is now already a fleet (of which we can only drive one at a time), all this for the sake of a V8 ??? !! ...... but she's having none of it! :crazy:

I suppose there comes a point where one has to try keep the wife happy! :D:

Family_Dog

Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:24 am

Andy, nothing wrong with having a fleet of Hiluxes... all unique in some way or other! Live life to the full and enjoy it while you can :thumbup:

-F_D

One Staffie, One Jack Russell, One Ring Neck Screecher, 17 Fish of questionable heritage

Mud Dog

Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:03 am

I know you feel that way, but you also know that housing them under cover becomes an issue .... not good to let them stand outside. I will now have to build a second double garage! :D:

skipskrop
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD

Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:43 pm

Some more pics of cab inside.

Seats and centre console are from Hilux KZTE front and rear. Blue cloth standard hilux seats. No tears / burns. Old but good condition. I am 1.92m and the front seat goes far enough back to the roll bar for me to sit cumfy.

More coming soon...
Attachments
IMG-20161222-WA0014.jpg
IMG-20161222-WA0013.jpg
IMG-20161222-WA0012.jpg
IMG-20161222-WA0011.jpg
IMG-20161222-WA0010.jpg
V8 SFA d/c. ;-)

skipskrop
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD

Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:22 pm

Some more pics for those who might be interested...

Call Ronel on 082 eight six seven 1625 to arrange viewing. Its in Paarl.
Attachments
IMG-20161222-WA0029.jpg
IMG-20161222-WA0020.jpg
IMG-20161222-WA0021.jpg
IMG-20161222-WA0017.jpg
IMG-20161222-WA0018.jpg
V8 SFA d/c. ;-)

skipskrop
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD

Sat Dec 24, 2016 1:03 pm

I regret to inform you all that the vehicle has just been sold.
V8 SFA d/c. ;-)

Family_Dog

Sat Dec 24, 2016 2:12 pm

Congratulations Andy!! :cooldude:

-F_D

skipskrop
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD

Sat Dec 24, 2016 4:11 pm

Sorry to all interested. Wifey had somebody with full amount cash in hand on her doorstep who took it in a blink of an eye. I was still answering questions and sending pics etc when she told me it's gone. Gone? Yes. In a blink of an eye. Hope he enjoys it. Not a forum member he saw the ad on Gumtree. He might be in the tjol cause he didn't tell HIS wife on buying it, but next week he will be racing around with a huge grinn on his face enjoying that v8 in atlantis dunes for sure...

Now I can pay for my RUBICRAWLER. 2.72:1, 4.00:1 & 10.88:1 twin sticks - oohh lah lah - look at these ratios and see what I'm on about,

--10.88:1---
1. 166.24
2.   91.90
3.   58.53
4.   40.39

---4.00:1---
1.   61.12
2.   33.79
3.   21.52
4.   14.85

---2.72:1---
1.   41.56
2.   22.97
3.   14.63
4.   10.10

---1.00:1---
1.   15.28
2.     8.45
3.     5.38
4.     3.71
Attachments
IMG-20161223-WA0004.jpg
V8 SFA d/c. ;-)

Family_Dog

Sat Dec 24, 2016 5:52 pm

Oooo.... Mud Dog is gonna be cross! Careful, but his bark is worse than his bite.

-F_D

Mud Dog

Sun Dec 25, 2016 4:19 am

Hehehe, no, De Wit and I have been in contact all along behind the scenes and he told me that it was sold as soon as he knew. As I said to him, the wife is more disappointed about it than me - I am of course also, but it just wasn't meant to be. :winkx:

Rigger
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Oudtshoorn
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux 3.0 S/C 4x4

Sun Dec 25, 2016 10:18 pm

So you want a vehicle with very low gears, big wheels, great off road and not very fast. Why not buy a tractor? :D:

skipskrop
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD

Mon Dec 26, 2016 1:11 am

2.72 low range for mud & dunes charge is lekka fast... so basically its going to have a selection of Sahara AND Rubicon low ranges plus the combination of the two - aka tractor mode. Therefore 4x ranges of gearing instead of just 2... :dance1:
V8 SFA d/c. ;-)

Return to “Vehicles For Sale”

• Information