Sifu-Lux is for sale: 1991 Hilux SFA R 110 000 SOLD

Advertise any vehicles for sale here.
Forum rules
When advertising something in this section the following rules apply:
1. You must add the price to the subject line and / or in the post. If you don't specify a price we will delete your ad. Click here if you are unsure
2. When advertising a vehicle please use the following template:
YEAR:
MILEAGE:
SERVICE HISTORY:
CONDITION:
EXTRAS AND MODIFICATIONS:
ANYTHING ELSE YOU WANT TO MENTION:
HONESTY SECTION:
ASKING PRICE:
PICTURES:
If you don't upload a photo we will delete your ad. Click here to find out how
3. Once the vehicle has been sold you must edit your post and put SOLD in the subject line.
EXAMPLE: 1981 Hilux - R8500
or SOLD - 1981 Hilux - R8500 - SOLD
4. Don't be a spammer. Introduce yourself and be part of the forum before trying to place an ad.
5. You MUST have a minimum Post Count of 10 before advertising here.

Note to respondents - Please respect the seller's right to determine a selling price and refrain from negative comments.
Sifu-Lux
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Port Elizabeth
Vehicle: Used to drive a '91 SFA Hilux YN67R 4x4 ,Full OME, ARB lockers front and rear, Ford 3L V6, 35mm axle move, 33" General Grabber X3's and dual transfer cases....... Keep her safe Mud Dog!

Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:46 pm

It is a very sad day for me to post this advert. For those who have been on the forum for many years you will know the amount of work I have put into this vehicle (almost all of it has an artcle written somewhere on the forum). It's my baby.

I will be taking a job in the USA, so we are moving benginning of next year. For those who have followed the life of "Sifu-Lux" on the forum, you will know that I am a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to doing a job properly, and I have done almost all the work myself, as I really don't trust anyone esle to work on my Hilux.

I would ideally like to sell my Hilux to another enthusiast who will appreciate my Hilux for what it is and look after it properly.
MODEL: Toyota HILUX YN67 Double Cab solid front axle bakkie (was originally fitted with a 2.2 liter 4Y motor)
YEAR: 1991 (I have owned it from 2004 to present)
MILEAGE: 246 500 (i bought it on 230 000km in 2004 so only 16 000km in the last 13 years)
SERVICE HISTORY: Full service history for the last ~17 years (I have a file with all invoices and summary sheets)
CONDITION: Very good for a 26 year old Hilux
EXTRAS AND MODIFICATIONS: Where to begin? Here are the highlights

Slip Stream Canopy with roof bars
Gearlock
Anti theft fuel lock
Spare wheel under vehicle
Additional spare wheel with 33x12.5R15 MT tyre
Aircon
Power steering (no leaks)
Spot lights on bull bar
Radio/cassette player
Voltmeter fitted
Gauges fitted to monitor compressed air system pressure for additonal 2 liter air tank and front and rear difflocks
Battery isolation switch fitted (no need to disconnect the battery if you park it for a while)

ARB airlockers (diff locks) fitted front and rear with onboard ARB compressor - done at 230 780 km
Full Old Man Emu suspension (leaf springs, greasable shackles, shocks) done at 233 332 km
Heavy duty recovery points fitted to the front bull bar and new rear recovery bumper fitted - done at 233 800km
Ford V6 "JT 3000" conversion, engine rebuilt and fitted - done at 234 335 km
Powerflow stainless steel free exhaust fitted - done at 234 341 km
Pertronix electronic ignition fitted - done at 237 906km
Rebuild of the complete front axle
(bearings, seals, locking hubs, spring perches, brake discs and calipers etc) - done at 238 403 km
Front axle moved forward 35mm and 33" x 12.5 R15 tyres fitted
Trailgear dual transfer case kit installed - enables 20 forward gear combinations, and 4 reverse gear combinations
Low range using 2.28:1 or 4.7:1 or both low range boxes engaged to gve you 10.72:1 reduction
(Trailgear adaptor, gearbox crossmember, new 4.7:1 low range gear set, gear levers etc) - done at 238 762 km
New electronic fuel pump - done at 242 700km
Rear wheel bearings, seals, retainers and snap rings replaced left and right - done at 242 700 km
New water pump fitted - done at 243 776 km
Replace rear brake shoes, skim drums, replace slave cylinders) - done at 245 610 km
Fit new General Grabber X3 33x12.5R15 3 ply mud terrain tyres - done at 246 118 km
New starter motor - done at 246 220km
....and all normal services inbetween.

Anything else I forgot feel free to ask

CONTACT NUMBER: 082 three two 0 28 seven one
ANYTHING ELSE YOU WANT TO MENTION: not at the moment
HONESTY SECTION: some small rust at the botton of the doors, and a small spot on the A pillar. I fitted a complete new bonnet about 12 years ago because the old one had rust.
ASKING PRICE: R 110 000 ( I have spent more than that on the vehicle :shock2: )
PICTURES:
IMG_2076.JPG
IMG_2070.JPG
IMG_2067.JPG
IMG_2063.JPG
IMG_2061.JPG
IMG_2059.JPG
IMG_2052.JPG
IMG_2050.JPG
IMG_2048.JPG
IMG_2044.JPG
IMG_2040.JPG
IMG_2039.JPG
IMG_2035.JPG
IMG_2033.JPG
Last edited by Sifu-Lux on Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sifu-Lux....I will miss you

Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.

Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:07 pm

Eish! That is indeed sad news! This is an awesome bargain for whoever buys it!
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!

Mud Dog
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.

Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:15 pm

Sjoe! I would actually buy it for the ARB lockers and TrailGear X-fer boxes alone. How does the carb behave on steep side slopes and steep accents / descents?

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.

Sifu-Lux
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Vehicle: Used to drive a '91 SFA Hilux YN67R 4x4 ,Full OME, ARB lockers front and rear, Ford 3L V6, 35mm axle move, 33" General Grabber X3's and dual transfer cases....... Keep her safe Mud Dog!

Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:21 pm

Hi Andy, sad indeed... wish I could take it with me.

I have never had any issues with the carb (Weber 38 DGAS) other than once running out of fuel after a high revving long climb. I never understood all the other guys problems as I never experienced any with this carb. Maybe the electric fuel pump helps and I got lucky setting up the float level

DanabaaiDaan
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Mosselbaai
Vehicle: 2002 Toyota Land Cruiser Prado VX V6 3.4P AT

Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:06 am

What an absolutely beautiful monster !! Wish I had the money !!
Groete uit Danabaai!
Daan Louw

Mud Dog

Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:26 pm

I knew it wouldn't be here long - already sold. :D:

Sifu-Lux
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers

Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:46 pm

:slap: :sold: :faint:

Sifu-Lux
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers

Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:01 am

Sifu-Lux doesn't leave the forum. his new owners collected him yesterday.
sif 160.jpg
sif 162.jpg

Sifu-Lux
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers

Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:16 am

Still raining tears here in PE Andy. Good luck with my Sifu-Lux! I look forward to still following it's adventures on the forum.

Mud Dog

Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:19 am

He's safe at his new home. :D:
sif_6136.JPG
sif_6139.JPG
sif_6140.JPG
He slept soundly last night. After his ordeal on the return trip - Heavy downpours with visibility down to less than 20 metres at times - long sections of narrow roadworks and big trucks crawling along in convoys.

Stef
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: '98 LTD
ORRA Call Sign: X107

Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:11 pm

Congrats !!

Market has spoken yet again.... :boss: :surrender: :surrender:

pietpetoors
Town: Langebaan
Vehicle: 2.7 Hilux 4x4 DC
ORRA Call Sign: X27

Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:04 pm

Congrats Andy
Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow!
1999 Hilux 2.7i 4x4 Raider DC. Rear diff-lock, Red Peppor Bull Bar and rock sliders, 31" Cooper ST, Snorkel, Alu-Canopy, VHF Kirisun radio, West Coast Rust, Mikem Rear Suspension, Ball Joint Spacers in front, 25watt LED Spots

pampoen
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Gordons Bay
Vehicle: Hilux..Duh!

Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:59 pm

Congrats Andy, So glad SifuLux is going to a forum member! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Mud Dog

Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:38 pm

Thanks guys! :thumbup:

Stef wrote:
Congrats !!

Stef, in this particular case you have to look at the cost of the serious kit that this lux has like the ARB air lockers (front and back) with additional air vessel (you're not going to loose your lockers if the engine stalls and you have to run forward or back against compression, or if there is an electrical failure) - the TrailGear dual x-fer cases that give you a wide range of gearing as low down as about 20:1 - the full OME. That already accounts for half the price of the vehicle if not more, not to speak of the brand new 33" Grabbers - that's more than 9K besides all the other little bits mentioned in the ad. Add to that a whole lot of spares which loaded the bin to tailgate level. All taken into account I got the vehicle itself for a tiny fraction of it's value.

So ja, although I am in total agreement, this particular instance is not a good example for your argument. :D:

Family_Dog
Town: Klerksdorp
Vehicle: Hilux DC SFA, Hilux 2.7 DC, Hilux 2.7 SC, Prado 95 VX
ORRA Call Sign: HC101

Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:05 pm

Shot, Andy! :thumbup:

Enjoy it!

-F_D

White Fang: 1999 2.7i DC Raider 4x4
Bull Dog: 1987 4Y-EFI 2.2 DC 4x4
Pra Dog: 1998 Prado VX 3.4
Hound Dog: 2000 2.7i SC 4x4

One Staffie, One Jack Russell, One Ring Neck Screecher, 17 Fish of questionable heritage

Stef
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:08 am

Mud Dog wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:38 pm
Thanks guys! :thumbup:

Stef wrote:
Congrats !!

Stef, in this particular case you have to look at the cost of the serious kit that this lux has like the ARB air lockers (front and back) with additional air vessel (you're not going to loose your lockers if the engine stalls and you have to run forward or back against compression, or if there is an electrical failure) - the TrailGear dual x-fer cases that give you a wide range of gearing as low down as about 20:1 - the full OME. That already accounts for half the price of the vehicle if not more, not to speak of the brand new 33" Grabbers - that's more than 9K besides all the other little bits mentioned in the ad. Add to that a whole lot of spares which loaded the bin to tailgate level. All taken into account I got the vehicle itself for a tiny fraction of it's value.

So ja, although I am in total agreement, this particular instance is not a good example for your argument. :D:

Now it's my argument... :mocking:

I hear you, quite a bit of kit, granted, but we always say that you recover very little of the value of the extras so in my view you did not really get the vehicle for a tiny fraction, you got the extras for a bargain. If we consider your estimates and bump it up to R90k in extras with a 30% recovery, the vehicle itself was R80k..even at R70k it is not bad for a '91 SFA if we bear in mind that a '99/2000 Prado here on the forum sold for R79k recently. Perhaps not the best example but still relevant.

Similarly if I were to spend R90k on a Lexus conversion on my SFA I'd be lucky to get R20k more than I could as is with the stock 22R come selling time; still that doesn't make it a R30k vehicle, I'm just sponsoring R70k towards someone else's enjoyment ;-)

GeorgeJvR
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Louis Trichardt
Vehicle: 1998 Prado 3.4 V6 A/T, 2005 Vigo 3.0 D4D 4x4 ARB- protection plate -B/Bar -T/Bar, ONCA sliders, Winch, snorkel, Chipped; 1997 SFA D/C met 3.0 KZ TE motor.

Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:17 am

Now it's my argument... :mocking:

I hear you, quite a bit of kit, granted, but we always say that you recover very little of the value of the extras so in my view you did not really get the vehicle for a tiny fraction, you got the extras for a bargain. If we consider your estimates and bump it up to R90k in extras with a 30% recovery, the vehicle itself was R80k..even at R70k it is not bad for a '91 SFA if we bear in mind that a '99/2000 Prado here on the forum sold for R79k recently. Perhaps not the best example but still relevant.

Similarly if I were to spend R90k on a Lexus conversion on my SFA I'd be lucky to get R20k more than I could as is with the stock 22R come selling time; still that doesn't make it a R30k vehicle, I'm just sponsoring R70k towards someone else's enjoyment ;-)
[/quote]

Stef, Maak seker dit is 'n A/T Lexus. :D:
To Buy and sell a vehicle is my hobby
Make a deal that no one else thought possible is my aim

Kom wat wil ek bly 'n Bul!

Stef
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:32 am

Hehe George...het 2 vriende met Lexus SFA's waarvan 1 'n LTD is presies soos myne...so ek verstaan die resep. .

Return to “Vehicles For Sale”

• Information