SA 4x4 Store - Advice please

And this is the part where we moan. If somebody rendered real bad service, weewee'd you off, caused you damage or cheated you (vehicle related), please please let us know by posting it here.
Forum rules
Disclaimer: The views expressed on this entire web site are of the poster only, and do not necessarily represent the views of http://www.Hilux4x4.co.za" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; or it's members.

We do encourage our members to please make sure that they can proof the facts they post in the bad service section if they do comment on bad service. We also request our members to please do not get carried away when complaining about bad service. This is a public web site. We would like everybody to know when somebody delivered a bad service bad we do not want it to leave a bad taste in the mouth.
dustbuster
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Richards Bay
Vehicle: Rebuilding 91 D/C Hilux Mboza Body, OME 4Y EFI, & 91 S/C 4Y Hilux

Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:14 pm

Hi Hiluxers

I need some advice and help on what to do with suspension I ordered from SA 4x4 store.
A few months ago there was a special running here on the form for suspension at SA 4x4 store, so I decided to get a full OEM suspension for my SFA hilux.
So on the 27/10/10 I paid in full for the amount that was quoted and told by Wilson that it would take 3 Weeks for it to arrive.

Three weeks passed and got told it would arrive in a weeks time still nothing this goes on on and on eventually got told that the parts are in customs and he is waiting for there release.
On the 20/12/10 I was told that shocks where at the store and the rest is on a pallet that he is waiting for it to arrive and got sent a photo of the shocks.

Over Christmas I was away when I got back Wilson asked for an address to send the stuff to so on the 4/01/11 I send him my delivery address here in Richards Bay, on the 12/1/11 I got told that the delivery would be that week, on the 24/01/11 I was told that I should have received the suspension and that he would contact the transport company I then asked for a tracking number and the courier company’s name he still has not sent though the contact details

During this whole time I have only spoke to Wilson once over the phone when I called to find out about the suspension and prices. Ever since then I have only been able to contact him by email and the phone at the store is never answered and when it is he is never there.

I have since asked on the 26/01/11 that I would like my money back unless he can guarantee me a delivery date and proof that the suspension is on its way. He has not bothered to respond to the email.

So now the only thing I can think of is opening up a case against SA 4x4 sore and Wilson Barros, which I really don’t want to do all I want is the suspension for my Hilux but after 13 weeks of waiting I don’t think I will be getting it.

I just don’t know how someone can run a business like this for cry out loud I cant even call the place on the phone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr_B
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: Honda Jazz

Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:25 pm

Something isn't right! I sincerely hope you get this sorted asap... come on Wilson!

Turbo
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Brackenfell Cape Off-road Country
Vehicle: Range Rover Classic 3.5 V8

Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:26 pm

I have withheld myself from posting any comments about the SA 4X4 Store because I am a supplier and fitment centre myself.

My first and only experience went a lot the same as yours Dean, luckely I never paid over any money.

Maybe you can get one of the forum members in GP to go pay Wilson a visit.

The next best thing to do is press charges.

Good luck !
.Only when we are no longer afraid,do we begin to live
www.capeoffroad.co.za

ChrisF
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler
Town: Bellville
Vehicle: Langpad (RAV4)

Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:46 pm

when NOBODY is willing to reply stating good service by this company it says enough for me ..... STAY CLEAR ! There are enough good places out there, no need to get involved with companies like these ....

BlumTRD
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: South Africa
Vehicle: Hilux

Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:04 pm

Ai jai jai

Ek het ook al emails gestuur vir navrae oor products
Geen reply gekry nie

No stock maybe ??

Ek bring Maar my eie goed nou in . Al Wat ek se dis
Baie vinniger as 3 weke .

Mr_B
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:06 pm

Strange, Heinrich(Traveler) seems to have had good service from them??

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=15033&p=166143" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Stef
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: '98 LTD
Club VHF Licence: X107

Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:49 pm

Sheesh! Good thing I didn't order anything there... :shock:

Wanted to get CS009's for my SFA but left it as there was no stock...guess we're back to the inflated prices again :twisted:

OOOOMS
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler

Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:29 pm

Seems you are not the only one....http://www.4x4community.co.za/forum/sho ... t=4x4store" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; over promising and under delivering....

dustbuster
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker

Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:09 pm

Ya seems like a lot of people have been waiting for there stuff, Is just stressful when you pay that amount of money and then don’t get a response on what is happening or cant get a hold of anyone to find out.

I just want the suspension so hopefully Wilson will give me an answer on what is happening soon.

luigi
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Vehicle: Toyota, L/R Def 110

Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:16 pm

Dean

You worse off than me, I got my locker 8-9weeks later. Also paid in full and promised to have it in 3 weeks.

I will never do business like that again. You know, some news is better than NO NEWS.

Get your money back!!

FUDGES
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Kempton Park
Vehicle: D4D 3.0l

Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:40 pm

Yesterday en net vandag besluit ek ek wil n winch by hom koop.

Dankie tog vir die fred.

Skilpad4X4
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Middelburg
Vehicle: 2004 Toyota kzte

Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:20 pm

Hi Dean
Write him an email and also send him a fax give him 7days to respond after that open a fraud charge agains him it is not acceptable to wait with no answers

dustbuster
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker

Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:40 am

I was thinking last night I can understand if Wilson is having problems bringing stock in the into the country at least he is trying to get stuff at a better price for us and giving some competition to the other 4x4 stores in SA which is good.

As we all want better prices and are tiered of getting ripped off in SA from the price of cars to the price of bread.

I am sure other guys on the form want to get stuff from his store as he as some good specials running, so come on Wilson pick up you game with customer service and I am sure you will start getting orders.

I am sure Wilson is not a crook and is just getting hassles from every one as some people are trying to shut him down for giving us some reasonable prices

I just want so get good stuff for my Hilux at prices I can afford even if it means I maybe have to wait a bit longer but just need the truth on what is happening.

Calbro2
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Alberton
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux

Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:56 am

Dean,waiting for Wilson to pick up his game is costing you money!!
Although youre getting stuff at good prices,there's one very important thing that I believe in,we all love our hiluxes,and it's a passion for us to drive and spend some hard urned money on,and when you do spend that bucks,you want value for money right? For me,value for money is getting a thing called "customer service",the "correct pruduct",the "truth" and a "friendly relationship" from the seller.

Ask youself this,IF by some miracle you get your stuff in a week or two,will you ever go back to his store?

I say go get your money back!!!

My 2c
Hilux=Masjien

ToyX4
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Ottosdal
Vehicle: Rocky's

Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:10 am

Same experience here. Luckily I haven't paid any money over.
I e-mailed him a snotty rant, and even apologised afterwards.

I'm just gonna cancel my order, which I've placed 08/12/2010, and buy from someone else.
ImageImage

Stef
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Vehicle: '98 LTD
Club VHF Licence: X107

Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:23 am

For all we know something may have happened to the oke.....he is a member on the forum so maybe he can pick up the thread?

dustbuster
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker

Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:08 am

Just got am email from Wilson and he said I should be getting the full kit this week let see if he can pull it off then I will be happy :shifty: :shifty: :shifty:

Calbro2
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker

Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:09 am

Good luck,hope you come right!!!
Hilux=Masjien

witmamba
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Sasolburg
Vehicle: D4D 4x4 Lux + D4D 4x4 Tuna

Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:35 am

SA 4x4 store = BAD NEWS

Causing crap everywhere - They left a negative wake on every single forum.
Life only starts . . . . where comfortlevels end

Rollercoaster639
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Bethal MP
Vehicle: Hilux 3.0 D4D, Full OME suspension, Front ARB air lockers, 265/75/16 BFG,ARB replacement Front bumper, Alu canopy, DC2DC duel battery charger system, Long range tank. Solar Panels, Ostrich awning, Drawer system, Airbags, Outback back bumper, roof top tent
Club VHF Licence: X84

Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:21 am

In December I got a quote from him for lockers and OME. He was quite profesional with the way he replied. (Also quoted 3 weeks delivery) I had a problem handing over that sum of money to a company that I did not know. When I offered to pay half up front and that he should carry the burden of the other half until delivery, which I think is a fair deal as he is asking me to trust him and likewise I was now asking him to trust me, he then said no, it was against company policy. It was then my descision not to make use of him and took my buisness to another company.

I had at that stage not heard any bad things about him or his company. Had I then I would not of even asked him for a quote. I think by default we should not trust a company or person so willingly and ensure that they have a tried and trusted track record. Best solution for both parties is cash on delivery. Money has always had a way of destroying relationships.

I firmly believe that all the people complaining about not recieving there parts are more worried about loosing there hard earned money and not so much about the late deliveries. Should SA 4x4 store come clean and just inform the specific persons involved about the problems he is experiencing and assure them that there money is safe then this issue will come to a end. my2c

Mr_B
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:37 am

Bottom line, if a company is not willing to take a deposit of 50% or less... then you can be sure there something fishy going on, that company has cash flow issues!

Payment in full when ordering goods is not a way to do business... this I too have learnt the hard way... I contracted the cheapest quoting company for the building of a double car port at my house, paid a 75% deposit, of course that's where the problems started... end of a long story... no carport, and no money back... I will never ever again pay more than 50% deposit for any pending goods or services... the supplier must risk with the client to balance the equation!

Traveler
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Springs
Vehicle: Pathfinder 2.5 LE AT
Club VHF Licence: X81

Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:43 am

Mr_B wrote:Strange, Heinrich(Traveler) seems to have had good service from them??

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=15033&p=166143" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ps. that was in September. :shh:

Know what you don't know.

Ou vale1
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Heidelberg
Vehicle: Hilux 2.5 D4D

Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:19 am

If someone is going to supply you with a purpose-made product I suppose it's reasonable to ask for an upfront payment as it will be difficult to resell, but for standard equipment - no way! If you want to start up a bussiness you cannot finance it through you clientelle, it is unethical and borders on fraud. :banned:

OOOOMS
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler

Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:24 am

Now here's my story:
Received my goods after ordering, 2 weeks later. No payment made
Goods were delivered and no invoice.
Requested invoice from Wilson and made payment :thumbup:

Calbro2
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker

Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:06 pm

OOOOMS wrote:Now here's my story:

Bussiness was doing good at that stage? :think:
Hilux=Masjien

FUDGES
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers

Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:34 pm

Wanneer was dit?

OOOOMS
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler

Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:25 pm

A.J. wrote:

Wanneer was dit?
Nov 2010

dustbuster
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker

Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:00 am

Okay got a call from Wilson earlier say my suspension should be here tomorrow afternoon :yahoo: :yahoo:

Got the couriers name and a way bill number so looks as the ball as started rolling he did give me an apology and said I could get a discount on anything else.

now I can party this weekend :dance1: :dance1:

Mr_B
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:41 am

Let hope this comes to a happy end! Communication can make or break your business... hopefully SA4x4Store get the message before it's too late!

Niel
Vehicle: 2014, DC, D4D 3.0, 4x4

Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:09 pm

Mr_B wrote:Let hope this comes to a happy end!
Yes agree :thumbup:
Mr_B wrote:Communication can make or break your business... hopefully SA4x4Store get the message before it's too late!
B, there comes the point where communication will not help you anymore.... For me producing the good is the only solution NOTHING els (fortunately there is a lot of people that have a lot of patience - I am not one of them)

Traveler
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Springs
Vehicle: Pathfinder 2.5 LE AT
Club VHF Licence: X81

Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:15 pm

Once bitten 15 times shy?

Glad you are getting your stuff.

Know what you don't know.

dustbuster
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker

Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:38 am

Yay picked up the suspention this morning :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:
now just need to start the rebuild
:dance1: :dance1: :dance1:

FUDGES
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers

Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:57 am

Dis goeie nuus

CasKru
Town: Benoni
Vehicle: '94 Hilux Raider 2.4i (22RE) DC 4x4
Club VHF Licence: B15

Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:45 pm

dustbuster wrote:Yay picked up the suspention this morning :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:
now just need to start the rebuild
:dance1: :dance1: :dance1:
Glad you got it... just sorry you had to make so much noise before you got it :(
To God be the glory

3 Blind Monkeys
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: cape town
Vehicle: 2.8GD6

Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:08 am

Same :cry: story for suspension for my hilux in december, luckily did'nt pay any money over.Started phoning for prices again in Jan 2011 and found that 4x4 mega world paarden eiland's selling all their stuff for less 20%. Booked lux in and getting new suspension on friday :D: (for a good price)
Lesson learned!!!!!

observer
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Vehicle: 2011 Toyota Fortuner 3.0 D4D 4x4

Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:52 pm

Wish I was this lucky! :( Wilson took my money and has now disappeared....

OOOOMS
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler

Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:00 pm

observer wrote:Wish I was this lucky! :( Wilson took my money and has now disappeared....
Suggest you go to the police station and lay a charge of theft :!:

AM Racing
Town: East London
Vehicle: Range Rover Classic V8

Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:07 pm

As per Simons earlier post something needs to be done to route out these problems. This is not a cheap little game we play here and some work hard to save their cash to buy the goodies only to be ripped off. Now, whether intensional or just circumstance the bottom line is how is the seller going to rectify the situation? Personally I dont believe the forum should be used to sell goods. That what the Bid or Buy's are for with all their checks and measures in place. Yes its not fool proof but it has a few more protective measures. Just my R9000's worth.....
ImageImageImage

observer
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD

Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:16 pm

OOOOMS wrote:
observer wrote:Wish I was this lucky! :( Wilson took my money and has now disappeared....
Suggest you go to the police station and lay a charge of theft :!:
Already reported him to the Nedbank Fraud unit and will open a case soon. He has also stolen from several other 4x4community members. Wonder how many other people fell victim to this &^%$#^....

http://www.4x4community.co.za/forum/sho ... hp?t=82120" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

cprinsloo
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Nelspruit
Vehicle: 1998 D/C 4x4
Club VHF Licence: X52

Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:57 am

Hi,

I was lucky, the sh!t hit the fan just before I wanted to buy from him.

Can I also suggest that the site and his name be reported to hellopeter.com if possible, can save some other people some money. I see the site is still up.

Cheers,

C
1998 Hilux D/C Lexus VVTi

observer
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD

Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:17 am

Done.....

79kabouter
Town: Elgin
Vehicle: 2005 4L v6 D/C

Mon May 09, 2011 2:01 pm

Howzit Guys, i feel like such a fool, i placed an order and paid with sa 4x4 store for a front arb locker with a large compressor for my vigo at the beginning of Feb. I have been so busy at work that i havent had time to even think of going away with my bakkie. Harvest time is nearly over for me and i was starting to think of places to go away. So i decided to follow up with regards to my locker. I corresponded with Wilson via email in the past and there was always some excuse as to the delays.I have had no replies lately and have read the many posts and realize i have been conned. I would like to know what is my recourse, what is everybody else doing about the situation. Please let me know. Thanks :thumbdown:

ChrisF
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler

Mon May 09, 2011 2:24 pm

have a look on 4x4Community as well.

seems he is out of the country .... also seems as if he has done this a few times before.

79kabouter
Town: Elgin
Vehicle: 2005 4L v6 D/C

Mon May 09, 2011 5:47 pm

Howzit guys and gals
I checked on the sa 4x4 community forum and some other guys have also lost large amounts and have contacted Strauss Attorneys(017 8115353, 082 5596573) If we can all stick together to sort this out it might make financial sense to nail him together.Im gonna go this route. Wish me luck.

ChrisF
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler

Mon May 09, 2011 6:48 pm

David ek hoop julle kom reg.

Hier is n paar van ons (ek inkluis) wat goed oor die internet verkoop - en die tipe "skuim" maak die lewe MOEILIK vir ons !!

LouisZ
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux D/C 1996

Mon May 09, 2011 7:42 pm

Damn, report to the Police immediatly!!! Anyone try to visit his address in Koedoespoort, you can look it up under is website.

Mr_B
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Mon May 09, 2011 8:59 pm

Hi David, I really hope for sake you guys get something right, I was caught out by a reputable builder a while a go, not a lekker feeling... if Wilson's skipped the country I think you all going to battle to find closure! Note as well that there is one other person on the forums that is not to be trusted... he knows who he is!

Kat
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Kraaifontein
Vehicle: Hilux SFA

Mon May 09, 2011 9:30 pm

Been reading this topic for a while now. This guy is nothing but a common fraudster and a thief. Surely if the people open up a case against him for fraud and he fled overseas then interpol can track him down? Please correct me if i'm wrong.

michael01
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Gauteng
Vehicle: 1995 Hilux

Mon May 09, 2011 9:34 pm

I see that his website is still up and running, wonder how many other ppl he is going to catch out?

:evil: :evil: :evil:
ImageImageImageImage

Kat
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Kraaifontein
Vehicle: Hilux SFA

Mon May 09, 2011 9:42 pm

You see Michael people like him are thick skinned, they dont care about others except themselves. When they get caught they just laugh it of, i know cause i work everyday with people like that in the prison. It actually makes a person sick to think that there is people like that, that wants to con you out of your hard earned money!!!!!!

michael01
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Gauteng
Vehicle: 1995 Hilux

Mon May 09, 2011 10:22 pm

Kat i couldn't agree with you more, its just a pity that so many of these guys get away with this. I believe that karma always comes back to you but when so many ppl have fallen pray to a person like this i gotta say that sometimes karma needs a little helping hand :angel:
ImageImageImageImage

luigi
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Vehicle: Toyota, L/R Def 110

Thu May 12, 2011 4:16 pm

Just saw this BAD News. So where and how will I get with the ARB Locker I purchased from him Last Year??? :evil: :beg: He told me that he will support IT and he vanished!! :o:

Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.

Thu May 12, 2011 9:17 pm

Join the queue with the others and contact the attorneys mentioned ... they could maybe institute a class action against him and it would be a saving in legal fees for you all. :think:
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!

Gunta
Town: Johannesburg
Vehicle: 1996 80 series Land Cruiser VX 4500 EFI UK Import. Long range tank, Iron man suspension, ARB Bullbar, Front and rear diff locks, 33" BFG muds, Snorkel and attitude.

Fri May 13, 2011 7:19 am

We should spread the news far and wide on people like this and put them out of business. :thumbdown:
Worry about the things you can do something about, If you can't don't worry.
Live life to the fullest with no regrets.

Maddoglips
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: P.E.
Vehicle: Raider 2.2 4x4; Mikem 50mm raised suspension, long range tank, Monroe gasses all round.

Fri May 13, 2011 11:31 am

Mark

I got a better idea,

We should spread these persons out far and wide and put the crap in their business. :evil:

The wheel turns, slowly maybe but it turns.
It's better to Burn Out then Fade Away.

george
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Langebaan
Vehicle: Prado 90 VX 3.4 V6
Club VHF Licence: HC107

Fri May 13, 2011 12:06 pm

Just for interest sake is see on the whois server there is another e-mail address and a cell number
http://co.za/cgi-bin/whois.sh?Domain=sa ... nter=Enter
wfbsa@hotmail.com
"The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.-Saint Augustine"

Gunta
Town: Johannesburg
Vehicle: 1996 80 series Land Cruiser VX 4500 EFI UK Import. Long range tank, Iron man suspension, ARB Bullbar, Front and rear diff locks, 33" BFG muds, Snorkel and attitude.

Fri May 13, 2011 12:30 pm

Good idea Zane, everyone should know and be aware of these thieves.
Worry about the things you can do something about, If you can't don't worry.
Live life to the fullest with no regrets.

Return to “Bad Service”

• Information