Forsdicks BMW Tyger Valley

And this is the part where we moan. If somebody rendered real bad service, weewee'd you off, caused you damage or cheated you (vehicle related), please please let us know by posting it here.
Forum rules
Disclaimer: The views expressed on this entire web site are of the poster only, and do not necessarily represent the views of http://www.Hilux4x4.co.za" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; or it's members.

We do encourage our members to please make sure that they can proof the facts they post in the bad service section if they do comment on bad service. We also request our members to please do not get carried away when complaining about bad service. This is a public web site. We would like everybody to know when somebody delivered a bad service bad we do not want it to leave a bad taste in the mouth.
ThysdJ
Town: Brackenfell
Vehicle: 2010 Hilux D4D 3.0 D/C 4x4
ORRA Call Sign: HC102

Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:10 pm

These guys give Bad Service a whole new meaning. My wife drives a BMW 130i, still under motorplan. During the last few months we noticed that the release bearing on the BMW is getting noisy, so with the last regular service, in April 2011, we asked them to have a look at it. I dealt with a guy called Shaun Sampson, who assured me that thay will have it sorted in a jiffy.

When we collected the BMW after the service, Mr S told me they replaced the gearbox oil, as that would definitely get rid of the noise. They also ran "some tests" on the car, and found nothing else to be the problem. I assured him that even I (with my limited knowledge of cars, gearboxes, clutches and release bearings) know that changing the gearbox oil will not silence a noisy release bearing. No Sir, he assured me, drive it for 500km, and you'll see the noise will be gone. Not being endowed with the cranium capacity of the Forsdicks BMW Service Staff, I decided not to question his judgement, and to drive the car for 500km to see if his analysis of the problem rings true. Sadly I have to report that the remedy had the opposite effect. So after giving Mr S the added benefit of an additional 500km of driving the car with the noisy release bearing, we decided to book it in for a follow-up.

On phoning Mr S to make the follow-up appointment, he remembered exactly who I was, and assured me that the end of the noisy release bearing is nigh. We booked the car in on Thursday morning, and I waited all day long for Mr S to grace me with a phone call, as he promised. At about 4pm I decided to give him a call to find out what is going on and if we can collect the car that afternoon. The call went something like this "Sorry Mr DJ I cant speak to you right now, I'll call you back in 5 minutes". Well, let me put it this way, I am still waiting for him to call.

We arrived at Forsdicks BMW at about 5pm to pick up the car. Only to be told that they didnt do anything to the car, as the computer didnt indicate any problems. Give the release bearing some more time for the gearbox oil to work through, Sir. And besides, he informed me, Forsdicks BMW is not allowed to do any major repairs without the approval of some ASSESSOR dude that needs be summonsed from Johannesburg, and I will have to fit in to his itenary. This is not the end yet, I was instructed to bring the car back again when the assessor was available, then they can see if the release bearing is really noisy. Now come on, you dont need Superman's hearing to detect the noise, I think most of the people from the School for the Deaf in Worcester would be able to tell you something is not right here. Needless to say, I reached the point where I could hold it in no longer, and told him where to get off and stormed out of there without finishing the paperwork.

Obviously Mr S got it from his boss, as he phoned me back at about 7:30pm to attempt to fix up the customer relations he so arrogantly trampled into the ground that afternoon. He made all sorts of promises about courtesy cars and appointments with the assessor and stuff, but then, (here comes the last straw) he promised to phone me back on Friday morning to confirm the final arrangements.

Friday morning came, and went. No phone call. At this time, I was pretty sure that Forsdicks BMW will never have the pleasure of seeing me or my immediate family on their premises again. They're obviously NOT in the same time-zone as me. But wait, there is more.... Saturday morning came and went, as did Sunday morning. Mr S finally got round to calling me on Monday afternoon to confirm the arrangements! When I asked what happened to the call on Friday morning, he was quick to reply that he did try to call me repeatedly on Friday, but got through to a fax-line. Still no apology was forthcoming, only excuses, just like Chuck Norris, Forsdicks BMW Service Staff do not apologise.... EVER!! I let him talk, he said something about the assessor coming down especially for my case on 30 June, and that I "have to" bring the BMW in on that date, so that I can plead my case with the assessor myself. Wow, and here I thought Motorplan covered it all, no questions asked!! After he finished his monologue instructing me (the client) on what to do and where to be, I just said yes, yes, yes and put the phone down. Us mere mortals MUST obey Forsdicks BMW Service Staff.

I was totally perplexed. It has been a while since I experienced such utter arrogance from anybody. Forsdicks BMW Tyger Valley never treated me like I was their client, it was more like they are the "boss" and I will fall in with their decisions and demands.

Finally I decided not to take it laying down, and called SMG Century City to find out what I can do about a BMW 130i with a noisy release bearing. The long and short of it is, BMW was booked in this morning, the fault identified, and they will replace the clutch, release bearing and whatever else is releated, no questions asked. one snag though, we have to wait until Monday for them to do it, as they didnt have the spares in stock. Difference is I was informed about the diagnosis, the solution and the outcome about 3 hours after we booked the car in. I feel like a client again..... :thumbup: :thumbup: It turns out Motorplan does cover it all, no questions asked!!

To Forsdicks BMW Tyger Valley, Toffie vir julle manne!! And that assessor dude coming down on the 30th?? You keep him busy!! I tried to phone you to let you know that my car is fixed, but I got through to a fax-line.... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Thys de Jager
CEO and Refreshments Manager at Team Offroad.

2010 Hilux 3.0 D4D D/C 4x4 with GOMAD "Brood" Canopy. Tripod.
1997 Jeep Wrangler TJ 4.0 Sport. The original SFA. AGA... Gooi kole
email: thys@teamoffroad.co.za

Like Team Offroad on Facebook...

CasKru
Town: Benoni
Vehicle: '94 Hilux Raider 2.4i (22RE) DC 4x4
ORRA Call Sign: B15

Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:27 pm

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: @ your story telling ability and :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: bad service and :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: for phoning their fax line :mocking: :mocking: :mocking:
To God be the glory

Mr_B
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: Honda Jazz

Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:23 pm

Luffly... hope someone points Mr. S's boss to this post. Pathetic client services and lies will not be tolerated. Good for you Mr T!

:thumbup: :lol: :thumbup: :lol: :thumbup: :lol: :thumbup: :lol: :thumbup: :lol: :thumbup: :lol: :thumbup: :lol:

ThysdJ

Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:30 pm

Me thinks Mr S's boss is JUST as pathetic... :evil: :evil: :evil: maybe I should send them the link to the thread... BUT then I can't tell them about the fax-line... :twisted: :twisted:
Thys de Jager

CasKru

Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:33 pm

Jis Thys.... smaak vir my hulle het jou glad nie maak Thys voel nie :twisted: Maak mens sommer naar :twisted:
To God be the glory

ThysdJ

Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:40 pm

Thing is this wasn't the first time I got "not so nice" service there. There was a period of 5 years that I had no dealings with them at all.... Why the hell I thought it would be better this time around is beyond me... :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Thys de Jager

2.8 d/cab SFA
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Boksburg
Vehicle: Yamaha R1

Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:47 pm

name and shame, bmw motorplan then only one that covers everything
John
Real Trucks Don't Have Sparkplugs!
ImageImage

Andre du preez
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: somerset west
Vehicle: hilux 2.2

Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:01 pm

Dit is regtig erg om te hoor ek is self in die trade. Wat ek nie kan verstaan nie is die agent soos BMW tyger, word betaal deur BMW S.A om die werk te doen. Ek ken iemand by Donford Stellenbosch. Ek sal julle storie aan haar oor vertel.

Duncan
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: 3.0 D4D Fortuner

Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:08 pm

Hi Thys

I work at BMW Rosslyn Production Plant i will also make sure that theses comments get directed to the right people. The Germans will do back flips if they here stories like this.

And whatch out for all these dealers they take chances i know our IT team deals with them everyday. And if you r car still has problems let me know i know guys here that has to sort it out. We try to keep the BMW name high in praise

Regards,
Fortune favours the brave.
~Publius Terence
I believe that being successful means having a balance of success stories across the many areas of your life. You can't truly be considered successful in your business life if your home life is in shambles.
Zig Ziglar

ThysdJ

Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:12 pm

Oh wait, I forgot to include this gem in the story. Mr S informed me that the noisy release bearing is a "normal characteristic of the 130i, and there's actually nothing we can do about it". This was the reason why I had to explain my story to the "assessor".... :evil: :evil: :evil:
Thys de Jager

CasKru

Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:15 pm

Smaak vir my Mr S was previously employed by Land Rover
To God be the glory

Duncan
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: 3.0 D4D Fortuner

Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:35 pm

Ag Thys Weet jy ne hy praat *a* man. How does a manufaacturer develop a car with a noisy release bearing . That just makes me so blerrie angry BMW has departments where they check for certain stuff like that and there is a custmer satisfaction level that needs to be reached and selling a car with anoisy release bearing that is a norm ag please man.

Ja hy moe vir Landy gewerk het to BMW dit nog besit het en toe verkoop on dit vir 10 Pond aan Samcor.
Fortune favours the brave.
~Publius Terence
I believe that being successful means having a balance of success stories across the many areas of your life. You can't truly be considered successful in your business life if your home life is in shambles.
Zig Ziglar

ThysdJ

Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:36 pm

Thanks Andre en Duncan, I'll keep you guys posted on the progress in this case. :thumbup: :thumbup:
Thys de Jager

ToyX4
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Ottosdal
Vehicle: Rocky's

Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:33 pm

Thys, gaan post sommer die storie hier ook - http://www.bmwfanatics.co.za" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. Daar baie Kaap lede. Sulke ouens verdien nie besigheid nie.

ThysdJ wrote:Oh wait, I forgot to include this gem in the story. Mr S informed me that the noisy release bearing is a "normal characteristic of the 130i, and there's actually nothing we can do about it". This was the reason why I had to explain my story to the "assessor".... :evil: :evil: :evil:
Ek gaan toe ook na ons dealer toe die ander dag. My 335 het so tik geluid op die enjin ontwikkel. So vertel n ou met n das aan vir my die karre maak maar so. Laasweek met n recall campaign sit hulle nuwe injectors in, en so is die tik geluid ook sommer weg.

Lyk my as jy nie lus is vir werk nie, of nie van die klient se gesig hou nie, se hulle - "normal characteristic of the CAR, and there's actually nothing we can do about it".
ImageImage

Mr_B
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: Honda Jazz

Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:52 pm

Yip, vote for service with your feet and wallet... and tell the pathetic sales/service reps and their management...

"normal characteristic of the client, and there's actually nothing you can do about it!"

ChrisF
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler
Town: Bellville
Vehicle: Langpad (RAV4)

Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:31 pm

uhm ja .... Thys I remember another dealership, a bit lower down Durbanroad giving me the run around a few weeks back, and our works Opel bakkies gets equally pathetic service from the group in Durban road .... Seems it is time to veto Durbanroad for a while

I stand amazed at the "Creature" called BMW dealerships. After about 100 000 km on a couple of BMW motorcycles I have literally supported all three dealerships in the WesternCape. For a year two you would get the best possible service, then nothing. Worse even, the dealership leads you by the nose. You book the bike in at either of the other two, and suddenly you get told of recall items that were never rectified ! And only a few weeks later somebody else gets equally crappy service from the very one that just "helped you out" - HUH ? And this cycle just keeps on repeating.

ChrisF
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler

Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:46 pm

Thys ek moet jou tog voorstel aan Hannes.

Sy hele lewe wentel om sy M3 ! Hy tot opgevlieg joburg toe vir die "advanced driver training". En so deur die jare kan hy net nooit uitgepraat raak oor die kar nie. En toe kom die 45k diens, en Hannes boek hom in by die handelaar.

Laat die middag gaan haal hy sy babba.

"Jammer meneer. Daar is n vibrasie op die engin, die komputer sê so. Maar ons is nog nie seker wat dit is nie." Met die gee ulle vir hom n leen motor en beloof om sy baba uit te sorteer - MENS, wanneer laas het jy n man bek af gesien, ek meen daai tipe bek af wat n bul supporter NA n verloor laat positief lyk.

Maar uiteindelik maak hy vrede daarmee dat die manne sy baba sal REG maak. En so gaan die dae verby.

Ek moet nou hier by sê ons werk is toe so 2 of 3 km van die handelaar af, so Hannes is elke tee tyd daar ..... maar hulle wag vir nuwe sagteware, hulle gaan "net nou" n nuwe toets doen, hulle wag vir die spesialis van hoof kantoor om te kom kyk, ...... so gebruik hulle AL die verskonings in die boek.

Met een van Hannes se tee tyd besoeke stap hy toe mos sommer reguit werkswinkel toe .... en sien n MASIEWE vlek op die sitplek (amper so groot soos n vuurhoutjie koppie). En met die doen hy gou n 200 punt check van sy baba - en sien toe dat die M3 darem so 250 km al op die klok by gesit het vandat dit op die toetsbank STAAN .....

Nie eens die Earlgrey tee kon Hannes toe meer kalmeer nie.

Voor hy daar weg is het hy en die dealer principle toe eers SAAM na die security footage gekyk ...... die "besorgde ingenieur" het toe besluit die "toets bank" is nie voldoende nie .... hy het 2 of 3 aande die M3 "uitgeboek", volgens die logs het hy toe street racing gaan doen

Thys ek sal eendag vertel watter handelaar dit was, intussen hou maar jou wa in die Noordelike voorstede, of in die diep Suide .....

O-ja, Hannes het nooit weer daai M3 daar uitgery nie. Hy hou nogal van sy nuwe M Coupe

ThysdJ

Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:42 pm

ToyX4 wrote:Lyk my as jy nie lus is vir werk nie, of nie van die klient se gesig hou nie, se hulle - "normal characteristic of the CAR, and there's actually nothing we can do about it".
In die ou dae toe computer programming nog net in sulek stowwerige agterkamertjies plaasgevind het, en die users nog nie so lekker uitgemaak het van kipewters nie, toe was dit die maklikste manier om uit 'n tros job uit te kom... Mens se net, "dit kannie gedoen word nie...... " Dit werk nie meer vandag so nie :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: Selle hier, maar ongelukkig vir hulle, weet die clients deesdae van beter... :twisted: :twisted:
Thys de Jager

The Legend
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Kempton Park
Vehicle: 1)1989 Toyota Hilux 2.2 4y EFI D/C 4X4 Full Mikem suspension ,extra long range tank,Duel battery system,31 Bridgestone Duelers 697 A\T FJ 75 front disc with KZTE calipers ,Kurisun PT 8100 two way mobile radio Hi-Lux call sign HC 121
ORRA Call Sign: X93-

Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:26 pm

CasKru wrote:Smaak vir my Mr S was previously employed by Land Rover
:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:
“A BAD DAYS FISHING IS BETTER THAN A GOOD DAYS WORK”

“Do what you do so well, that the people that see you do it, will want to see you do it again,and will bring others to see you do it”

ThysdJ

Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:38 am

The BMW was sorted out by SMG Canal Walk, on Monday 20-06-2011. The missus dropped it off at 7:30 in the morning, and by 14:00 I got the call that the job is done. R16000 later, but the clutch, flywheel and release bearing was replaced, and Motorplan paid for it. I am happy, the missus is happy, the black BMW is happy, and SMG is happy, because they got a new customer... :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Seems like there is an Assessor-dude sitting around in Tygervalley today doing nothing. Mr Sampson rang this morning to find out where he can pick the car up for the assessor to have a look at it. I told him to get lost.... :banned: :banned: :banned:
Thys de Jager

CasKru

Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:41 am

ThysdJ wrote:The BMW was sorted out by SMG Canal Walk, on Monday 20-06-2011. The missus dropped it off at 7:30 in the morning, and by 14:00 I got the call that the job is done. R16000 later, but the clutch, flywheel and release bearing was replaced, and Motorplan paid for it. I am happy, the missus is happy, the black BMW is happy, and SMG is happy, because they got a new customer... :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Seems like there is an Assessor-dude sitting around in Tygervalley today doing nothing. Mr Sampson rang this morning to find out where he can pick the car up for the assessor to have a look at it. I told him to get lost.... :banned: :banned: :banned:
Seker nie in so min woorde nie.... :twisted:
To God be the glory

ThysdJ

Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:57 am

Kon eintlik alles in een woord gese het... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: kom ons se maar ek was spraaksaam gewees... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Thys de Jager

CasKru

Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:00 pm

ThysdJ wrote:Kon eintlik alles in een woord gese het... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: kom ons se maar ek was spraaksaam gewees... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Dit maak mens "naaaaaar" :lol: :lol: :lol:
To God be the glory

RooiLux
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Pretoria-Mayville
Vehicle: 1992 2.2-EFI Hilux 4x4 with Maus conversion,freeflow,Rear Electric Locker'2005 BMW 320i, 2015 Hilux 3d4d dc 4x4

Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:12 pm

BMW hier in gauteng gee darm sover nog net goeie diens,ek is bly ek het nog nie so voorval soos jy gehaad nie Thys.

Ek het my bmw by BMW Brummeria gekoop en diens hom nog al die tyd daar en kan sover nog geen klagtes gee oor hulle diens nie als wat vervang moes word is nog onder diensplan gedoen en nog geen probleme nie.

ChrisF
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler

Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:11 pm

bly die wa is nou weer reg ....

kar is reg = mamma is gelukkig = .....

Return to “Bad Service”

• Information