Belkom not so hot, and we aint Welcome!

And this is the part where we moan. If somebody rendered real bad service, weewee'd you off, caused you damage or cheated you (vehicle related), please please let us know by posting it here.
Forum rules
Disclaimer: The views expressed on this entire web site are of the poster only, and do not necessarily represent the views of http://www.Hilux4x4.co.za" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; or it's members.

We do encourage our members to please make sure that they can proof the facts they post in the bad service section if they do comment on bad service. We also request our members to please do not get carried away when complaining about bad service. This is a public web site. We would like everybody to know when somebody delivered a bad service bad we do not want it to leave a bad taste in the mouth.
george
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Langebaan
Vehicle: Prado 90 VX 3.4 V6
ORRA Call Sign: HC107

Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:40 am

Keep on calling and try to get the technician cell number.Just keep on making a nuisance of yourself and demand to speak to the supervisor.
"The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.-Saint Augustine"

OOOOMS
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler

Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:30 pm

Gary, I suggest you change your / your moms service provider to Telkom :mocking:

After 3 months of backwards and forwards....more so backwards...., I told em to shove their service and no longer require it.

So best advice I can help you with is stay with Belkom..... :wink2:

Gysie
Events Coordinator
Events Coordinator
Town: Brackenfell
Vehicle: Toyota

Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:11 pm

Best Advice !!!

I moved workshops and wasnt in the mood to do the telkom thing thus I went with Neotel.

Walked in at there shop collected my phone " wireless" and data card. Up and running as I left there shop. No lines no nothing.

Phone bill dropped from avarage of R 2500 per month excluding data usage "adsl" to R 800 including 3GIG data card.

Best thing is i can even take my phone home with me and there data cards work like a 3G modem.

Check it out.
Life does not consist of the cards you are dealt but in how you play the cards you are dealt!

http://www.gomad4x4.co.za

Scorpion
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Emmarentia
Vehicle: 1988 Hilux 4x4 D/C with more attitude than Mike Tyson

Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:09 pm

Don't hold your breath! My ADSL line at work was down for 6 weeks despite my secretary calling and following up EVERY day. Eventually after about 4 weeks this arrogant little pr..k techinician comes out, tests the line and tells me it's my "fax line" screwing up the "data". Despite this load of bull, I stay calm and ask him to explain to me how that is even possible. He gets upset and tells me not to argue with an "expert". I tell him the only thing he's an expert at is talking cr@p. He steams off in a huff.

Worst of all he logs the call as "resolved; client fault". The Call Centre says they can't reopen the old request as it has been resolved. No it hasn't! Yes, it has! NO, IT..... Nevermind. Log a "new call". Another 2 weeks of following up EVERY day and escallations another technician finally picthes up and fixes the problem. 6 Weeks! 6 WEEKS!!! :evil:

But that's not the best part... Now I'm fighting with Telkom because I've been billed for the first call out, because it was "client fault". Now try to explain that to "K@kkom"... :boss:
1988 Hilex D/C 4x4 (Import spec), Lexus V8; Marlin Crawler; Custom Suspension: front and new 4 link in the rear; Disc Brake conversion rear; 35" Cooper STT tyres; Xenon lights; Custom bullbar;Next? Aircon; new front seats, redo the whole interior in nice soft leather, Respray, Double Lockers
1978 Land Cruiser HJ45
1971 Mercedes Benz 280S Automatic
2011 Land Cruiser 79 V6 (60th Anniversary Edition)

Mr_B
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: Honda Jazz

Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:22 pm

You choose... Helkom or NeoHel! haha... both are such a joke... I'm so happy I turfed my Helkom residential line!

AM Racing
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: East London
Vehicle: Range Rover Classic V8

Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:49 pm

Smoke signals..... Not from the Indians but what gets blown up your *#@S by these guys. There is no care. After all look at their motto:

Telkom
Your ISP for life!

Coz you going to wait that long to get anything sorted out!
ImageImageImage

Mud Dog
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.

Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:25 pm

TIA ... and to get things done doesn't always mean going through the right channels. At one point I had a spate of hassles .... The box on the pole was vrot and water was corroding the connections. They didn't have a replacement box immediately and the problems persisted over a period of about 3 weeks. In that time there were as many call-outs from me alone and some from neighbouring properties. Although the pole is on the corner of 4 adjoining yards, the African tech asked if he could access the pole through my premises since it was easier and the atmosphere was more friendly. The guy himself was pleasant enough and appreciated a cup of coffee. I now have his cell numbers (two of them) with the instruction to call if I had any hassles. Put it to the test a while ago .... and the guy was there within an hour, and sorted my hassle. ;-)
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!

Mud Dog
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.

Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:45 pm

Hehehe .... I reckon it's a bit far afield, even for him. :lol:
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!

The Legend
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Kempton Park
Vehicle: 1)1989 Toyota Hilux 2.2 4y EFI D/C 4X4 Full Mikem suspension ,extra long range tank,Duel battery system,31 Bridgestone Duelers 697 A\T FJ 75 front disc with KZTE calipers ,Kurisun PT 8100 two way mobile radio Hi-Lux call sign HC 121
ORRA Call Sign: X93-

Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:43 pm

Predator wrote:It took 9 days and Belkom arrived, he said to me, the reason why they took so long is that Belkom just gave 1,500 people, techs a package deal so they are now short on staff - go figure......

Big problems on there way
“A BAD DAYS FISHING IS BETTER THAN A GOOD DAYS WORK”

“Do what you do so well, that the people that see you do it, will want to see you do it again,and will bring others to see you do it”

Return to “Bad Service”

• Information