Check this out(CAR&TRUCK AUTO REPAIR CENTRE)

And this is the part where we moan. If somebody rendered real bad service, weewee'd you off, caused you damage or cheated you (vehicle related), please please let us know by posting it here.
Forum rules
Disclaimer: The views expressed on this entire web site are of the poster only, and do not necessarily represent the views of http://www.Hilux4x4.co.za" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; or it's members.

We do encourage our members to please make sure that they can proof the facts they post in the bad service section if they do comment on bad service. We also request our members to please do not get carried away when complaining about bad service. This is a public web site. We would like everybody to know when somebody delivered a bad service bad we do not want it to leave a bad taste in the mouth.
SKRIK NIKS
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: krugersdorp
Vehicle: hilux 3.0kzte

Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:34 pm

i would like to inform you of this :evil:

my bakkies rear diff broke on the 23/07/2011, so after fhoneing around to see ho could help,i the find these people on the internet, Car&Truck auto repair centre :evil:

i the pnoned the man for a price to fix my diff,he the said,for a complete recon he will charge me R4500,i then said i will send the diff and then please fix it,as i need it urgently :evil:

so i remooved the diff sent it to them,and ja,2 days when past havent heard from then,so i phone the the man said i will phone you back never call back,and so it just curied on :evil:
after a week begging and asking nicely,iwas told they just waitng for the bearings and the he is done, 2days went past and i recieved a fhone call to say thay cant fix it but a frent of hes have one for R6500 newly redone :evil:

i still tried to get him to bring the price down as it was R2000 diffrence,he just said sorry that is the price,i then said ok i will take it but is there any gurentee,yes,he said to me 20 000km or 6 months,i then said ok fine i will take it :evil:

so i wnet the saterday to collect it,and the man i have been dealing wirh is not there,so i was speaking to hes worshop foreman,and the man give me the diff,and the slip for payment,and i asked again,is there a gurentee,yes said the man 20 000km or 6 months :evil:

got home fitted the diff put the oil in from toyota test drive the bakkie everything is fine,500km down the line the diff pack up again,phone the man,ok he said bring the diff in,first i was told that not the diff he suplied me,the he said no something on the bakkie is cousing the diff to brake,becouse a new diff cant brake like that,i said then but you gurentee the the diff,then the storie change,so hes says but there was only 30days gurentee as the diff was a secondhand,he is just a skelm,mos dionest man i ever met,you can believe a word he is saying mo$r :aggresive: :aggresive:

this was now yesterday,but in the mean time i haver all the pnone calls recorded since day one that i have phone them,and also were he says to me,NO DONT WORRY THERE IS A 20 000KM 6 MONTS GURENTEE :twisted: :aggresive:

SO SINCE YESTERDAY HE IS NOT TAKING MY PHONE CALLS OR PHONING ME BACK

WAHT EVER YOU DO,DONT SENT ANY WORK OR CAR TO THIS PLACE!
i am no busy with the new CPA ,so we will see now waht is going to happend
ImageImageImage
SKRIK NIKS

Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.

Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:44 pm

Sad to hear. :thumbdown: Hope it can be resolved without too much fuss. ;-)

P.S.

Oh, you have his cell no? ...or e-mail address? .... Send him the link to this topic and tell him that you have posted the ordeal on a public forum. It might give you a little leverage as well as give him the opportunity to respond. ;-)
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!

Mr_B
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: Honda Jazz

Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:11 pm

Jan, sorry to hear about this cr@ppy ordeal, makes my blood boil!

Please post your story on hellopeter.com as well, alot of people (like myself) check the site to see what other people are saying about service providers out there.

http://www.hellopeter.com

Thabogrobler
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: '02 'Lux KZ
ORRA Call Sign: x223

Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:03 pm

This is a case for big Mike to sort out...broken knee caps, missing teeth....
'02 KZ 'Lux. Cooled. Chipped. Onca'd. Cherished!

If you are a diesel fan, raise your hand.
If you aren't raising your hand, raise your standards!

A 4x4 is merely a machine that enables you to get stuck further away from civilization.

LouisZ
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux D/C 1996

Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:27 pm

Ok I know parts on diffs are expensive, also have to wait about 4 days to get. BUT the diff to break after 500km sounds not right. Have done plenty. So, do not stand around, you have the slip(make a copy of the slip and certify it), speak to the Owner of the place. If he do not listen print this Topic out and give straight into the Owner's hands.

The CPA will help, but like Mr B says, also go to HelloPeter.

Frederick
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Vehicle: 2012 xtra cab
ORRA Call Sign: X42

Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:13 am

Dagvaar hom dat die rook draai!!

SKRIK NIKS
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers

Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:21 am

manne julle wil nie weet nie,ek is so virsteert ek kan iets oor kom :evil: :evil:

weet n man se bakkie is jou pride joy,en die game waar in ons is,is n duur hobby,mens het nie die ook nog nodig nie :evil:
ImageImageImage
SKRIK NIKS

Hilux 1
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Brackenfell
Vehicle: 2000 Raider 2700i 4x4 Double cab. met "rock sliders" en Powerflo stainless exhaust
ORRA Call Sign: HC137

Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:14 am

Jan, ek wil sommer 7 soorte wit K*K uit sulke mense M**R, bel my broer, hy sal jou kan help. Natuurlik sal jy sy vlieg kaartjie moet betaal ens.

Goodluck anyway. Bel hom en hoor wat jy te kan als doen met die man.
Check maar sy detail shier.

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=19759" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

2.8 d/cab SFA
Town: Boksburg
Vehicle: Yamaha R1

Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:50 am

name and shame them, even if he comes to senses and does right by you, Name and shame him forever.
John
Real Trucks Don't Have Sparkplugs!
ImageImage

Theodorus
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Honeydew Jhb
Vehicle: HILUX

Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:20 pm

So volgend keer vra eers jou hilux familie

SKRIK NIKS
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers

Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:21 am

ok vandag is vrydag,nog niks feedback van die ou af gekry nie :evil:
ek weet nie run n mens n besigheid so nie :evil:
ImageImageImage
SKRIK NIKS

KZNSFA4Y
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Hilton
Vehicle: 92 Hilux D/C 2.2 4x4

Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:13 pm

Hello Peter is useless when it comes to characters like this guy, take him to small claims court. No lawyers needed and let the judge make an example of him!

Scorpion
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Emmarentia
Vehicle: 1988 Hilux 4x4 D/C with more attitude than Mike Tyson

Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:09 pm

KZNSFA4Y wrote:Hello Peter is useless when it comes to characters like this guy, take him to small claims court. No lawyers needed and let the judge make an example of him!
Probably the cheapest and easiest way. Doesn't make sense to fly in a lawyer from Cape Town for R6,500 and probably doesn't even make sense to get a local one. Take a few hours and go to the Magistres Court closest to this place and issue a summons in the small claims court. If you have all the recordings as you say then you will have no problem getting a judgement against this a*hole!
1988 Hilex D/C 4x4 (Import spec), Lexus V8; Marlin Crawler; Custom Suspension: front and new 4 link in the rear; Disc Brake conversion rear; 35" Cooper STT tyres; Xenon lights; Custom bullbar;Next? Aircon; new front seats, redo the whole interior in nice soft leather, Respray, Double Lockers
1978 Land Cruiser HJ45
1971 Mercedes Benz 280S Automatic
2011 Land Cruiser 79 V6 (60th Anniversary Edition)

SKRIK NIKS
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers

Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:19 am

ek het die man gister gebel nadat ek die heele week nie van hom gehoor het nie,kry blyk baar nie parte nie,maar ek moet ook se so mak soos n lammetjie :thumbup:

ek het wel vir hom gese,hy moet maar n plan maak want ek het volgende week die bakkie nodig :thumbup:

ek het al regs advies gekry,en die manne is reg om hom te bakklei vir die storie :thumbup:

ek sal julle op hoogte hou :thumbup:
ImageImageImage
SKRIK NIKS

Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.

Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:23 am

Sounds positive!
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!

Hilux 1
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Brackenfell
Vehicle: 2000 Raider 2700i 4x4 Double cab. met "rock sliders" en Powerflo stainless exhaust
ORRA Call Sign: HC137

Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:01 am

:fedup: :deadhorse: :boss:

4x4 Junkie
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: Hilux 3.0 KZ-TE 4x4 DC

Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:41 pm

Jan, wat het toe geword van hierdie storie??
If you still have blank pages in your passport, it's probably time for a road trip.

Thunder02
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: East Rand
Vehicle: IFS Hilux
ORRA Call Sign: HC105

Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:02 pm

Nail his ##s to the wall,please don't back off even if you get your diff sorted :thumbup: Facebook is also a nice site to mention little problems :deadhorse:
Not all those who wander are lost!

Scout motto:be prepared....
www.4x4direct.co.za
Email: neil@4x4direct.co.za
IFS is like a swambo, soft, sexy and expensive!

Return to “Bad Service”

• Information