Buying REFURBISHED FORKLIFT from Forklift Africa Cape Town

And this is the part where we moan. If somebody rendered real bad service, weewee'd you off, caused you damage or cheated you (vehicle related), please please let us know by posting it here.
Forum rules
Disclaimer: The views expressed on this entire web site are of the poster only, and do not necessarily represent the views of http://www.Hilux4x4.co.za" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; or it's members.

We do encourage our members to please make sure that they can proof the facts they post in the bad service section if they do comment on bad service. We also request our members to please do not get carried away when complaining about bad service. This is a public web site. We would like everybody to know when somebody delivered a bad service bad we do not want it to leave a bad taste in the mouth.
SYRON CONVERSIONS
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Tamboekieland
Vehicle: SFA HILUX

Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:46 pm

S 4886 Toyota Forklift
Model 62-7FD 25
Frame number 607 FD 25 12803
Refurbished

http://forum.gumtree.co.za/viewtopic.php?t=6173" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Letter of concern: :beg:

Attention
Gareth Barnes :idea:
FORKLIFT AFRICA
Director

Dear Sir

The refurbished forklift that I have purchased from you has many faults :( with it, R98 600.00 I cannot understand how you can advertise and call a forklift like this refurbished. I have had a brief look through the machine and have thus found the following faults.

1. The battery clamp is missing (nothing to keep the battery held down.)
2. The engine is running very erratic at half throttle, there is white smoke caused by unburnt fuel, number 2 injector from the fan blade side of the engine is leaking diesel, a person can see it spraying out from under the re-turn cross pipe.
3. The top and the lower radiator hoses are crackling when you press them, this means that they are worn out and will burst when hot and under pressure.
4. There is a knob missing from the one side of the radiator cover behind the seat, the radiator cap is in a very poor condition, there is no anti-freeze in the radiator, only water.
5. On the left side of thedrivers seat, the plastic side cover is cracked.
6. The overhead see through plastic covers are missing, debri can hurt the driver if it falls from above.
7. The black metal front upright (kick panel) is loose, the bolts have not even been tightened.
8. The side roof drain pipes rubber are missing on both sides.
9. The diff oil is very low, +- 50mm below the mark where it should be.
10. The radiator expansion tank water is very low.
11. The carriage side shift upper and lower pads are worn out.
12. The side shift cylinder is leaking oil and has excessive play on the mounts.
13. The tilt cylinder on on the left front and rear bushes are worn out. The right front as well.
14. The main mast cylinders, left side is leaking oil, the left top dust seal is damaged, the right main mast cylinder top dust seal is missing.
15. There is a fault code on the dash L-off
16.The tappet cover gasket is leaking oil.
17. The shock dust rubber is broken (rear axle).
18. There is dirty oil and grease on the right side of the gearbox / diff area

These are only the visual problems that I can see with this machine.

Please contact me by email and tell me what you intend to do about all these problems with urgency.

Thanking You

Regards
Simon Morris
Queenstown
cell 083 703 6430

IMG_3685.jpg
IMG_3688.jpg
IMG_3692.jpg
IMG_3729.jpg
IMG_3731.jpg
IMG_3735.jpg
IMG_3751.jpg
IMG_3752.jpg
IMG_3757.jpg
IMG_3760.jpg
IMG_3762.jpg
IMG_3769.jpg
IMG_3770.jpg
IMG_3827.jpg
IMG_3829.jpg
IMG_3830.jpg
IMG_3831.jpg
IMG_3832.jpg
IMG_3833.jpg
IMG_3834.jpg
Last edited by SYRON CONVERSIONS on Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1992 Slightly Modified Hilux, 2008 VW Caddy panelvan work, 2010 Isuzu 2.5 td bakkie for work, a pair of big 'balloons' as well hanging at the rear of my Hilux

simoan

Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.

Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:17 pm

Simon, you should also tell him that you have posted your complaint here with a link to this topic so that he has the opportunity to respond here and state his intentions as to how he will proceed. You can also post on 'Hello Perter' and send him that link as well. Additionally I think you would have some recourse through the CPA.

Good luck! ;-)
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!

OOOOMS
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler

Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:22 pm

Nice from far but far from nice.......

Give em stick Simon :whip: :whip: :heat:

Thabogrobler
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: '02 'Lux KZ
ORRA Call Sign: x223

Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:25 am

Some okes think a new coat of paint qualify as a refurb!
'02 KZ 'Lux. Cooled. Chipped. Onca'd. Cherished!

If you are a diesel fan, raise your hand.
If you aren't raising your hand, raise your standards!

A 4x4 is merely a machine that enables you to get stuck further away from civilization.

Mr_B
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: Honda Jazz

Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:43 am

A disgrace... at least we've been warned!

SYRON CONVERSIONS
Town: Tamboekieland
Vehicle: SFA HILUX

Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:51 pm

Update, I have received a part settlement from Forklift Africa of R7000.00 so far, they opted for the 2nd option and thus still owe me more money which they said that they would pay at the end of February, at least this is good news, I have had the two mast cylinders reconditioned R4 468.80 this is for the two cylinders with new seal kits.

Busy sorting the other problems out.

Thank's guys for the input, most appreciated.
1992 Slightly Modified Hilux, 2008 VW Caddy panelvan work, 2010 Isuzu 2.5 td bakkie for work, a pair of big 'balloons' as well hanging at the rear of my Hilux

simoan

Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.

Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:05 pm

Glad to see you guys have reached an agreement and the issue is being sorted out! :thumbup:
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!

Return to “Bad Service”

• Information