Insurance at Outsurance

And this is the part where we moan. If somebody rendered real bad service, weewee'd you off, caused you damage or cheated you (vehicle related), please please let us know by posting it here.
Forum rules
Disclaimer: The views expressed on this entire web site are of the poster only, and do not necessarily represent the views of http://www.Hilux4x4.co.za" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; or it's members.

We do encourage our members to please make sure that they can proof the facts they post in the bad service section if they do comment on bad service. We also request our members to please do not get carried away when complaining about bad service. This is a public web site. We would like everybody to know when somebody delivered a bad service bad we do not want it to leave a bad taste in the mouth.
rebuilder
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Adelaide
Vehicle: Toyota camry altise. Till I find a replacement hilux.

Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:25 pm

On the 26 November last year a guy reversed into my wifes car in a parking lot and apoligised and gave me his details to claim from his insurance. That was fine as accidents do happen. Had to wait over a month for a claim no. and the damage to be assest by his insurance. Then weeks later after many calls and a few emails I was told they only paying 60% as I should have been paying attention while driving. ( I was standing still at an intersection when he reversed into me) How is that at all my fault. :naah: Then they said ok, final offer, 80% and I should excersize more caution in a parking area. :shock2: I accepted the 80% as I wanted the matter resolved. Then I waited another two weeks and only got paid after I sent them another email. All I can say is now that they have paid me I will be cancelling my policy at Outsurance and they can forget about my recomendation they phoned me for when they offered me a bigger out bonus if I can get more people signed up with them. :tease:
There is a madness about been mad that only a mad person can understand.
Diesel and dust is where home is at.

Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.

Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:56 am

Yeah Chris, that's already an old trick that they try and pull, and it's not just Outsurance .... they all do it. I can understand that in many accident cases there is such a thing as proportionate culpability and therefore proportionate liability, but they push it way too far. As you say, how much blame can be placed on a person in a stationary vehicle when the act is in accordance with traffic regulations, the driver is competent and licensed and the vehicle is roadworthy and licensed. Had a similar case myself some years back. I told them to keep their offer and we would let a judge decide at their expense ... they took less than an hour to phone me and paid in full.

I hope you at least gave them the three most expensive quotes. ;-)
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!

ChrisF
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler
Town: Bellville
Vehicle: Langpad (RAV4)

Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:27 am

had exactly the same experience with Auto and General.

I bought ny nephew a motorcycle to get to varsity. On Thursday the bike had its 1 000 km service, on Friday a lady skipped a robot and took out the kid and wiped out the new bike.

I only had 3rd party insurance so had to claim against her insurance.

A&G came with the same "rational", then would not budge from 75%.

I indicated that I am not accepting it, the bike was NEW, and the kid innocent - I insisted on a replacement bike, or full pay out.

in a split second I was informed if that is my "attutde" I would need to liase with their legal division - we are in Cape Town and their legal division Joburg .....

This dragged on for months .... they would keep on sending me email after email claiming the kid jumped a red robot, drove on shoulder, exceeded the speed limit, etc etc ..... FORTUNATELY we had an impartial eye witness - without this eye witness these guys would have walked away without paying out.

then for good measure they made the following claim, on record: "Our client has instructed us not to pay out. Please claim against the client in her personal capacity."

ONE phone calll to "client" confirmed that she had never made such a statement !!

I contacted A&G and informed them that I was about to report them for fraud, quoting the date, time, and staff members name that LIED to me. I then drove through to the local A&G branch, explained to them in detail what had transpired, and of my intention to report them for fraud ..... couple of days later we were paid out in full.

PRACTICALLY - I should have taken their first lower offer, not worth that fight for a few rands more ....

MORRALLY - these lowest form of paracitic crap should be made to pay !!! GRRrrrrrrrrrrr (kyk dit was "net besigheid", tot daai vuilgoed vir my begin LIEG het ! )

rebuilder
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:32 am

They wanted there assessor to quote and he did quote more than my quote came to when I finally took the car in to be repaired at another place. So luckily didnt have to pay in at the end.

rebuilder
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:40 am

After so long I also got tired of waiting and just wanted the car fixed. I had a claim long ago when I was going to pe and forgot a had a trailer on and saw that I had to go on a deture. So while talking to my wife I made a 3 point turn and jacknifed because I was not thinking of the trailer and it was late at night. I phoned Miway the next day told them and the car was fixed without hassel and delay a week later. I was impressed.

Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.

Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:59 am

That's the way it should be and that's what you pay insurance for, but one has to be cognisant that there are plenty folk that try take the insurers for a ride. So one can understand when they are 'careful' but not when they are devious. :(
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!

Rebel 4x4
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Port Elizabeth
Vehicle: 2014 Suzuki Jimny

Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:09 pm

I've been involved in two accidents in 10 years of my driving career. Both cases with SANTAM, 1 semi my fault, listened to a hand signal from an oposite driver and the other guy T-boned me, and the second was a woman that drove off the road. Both cases were resolved same day.... Both vehicles were fixed without any time wasted. Assesor met me at my convenient time and place etc.
Sent from my iPhone

Sebata
Town: Cosmo City
Vehicle: '06 Hilux 4.0l V6 auto 4x4, Iron-Man front bumper, Ali3n Rock-sliders, Old man Suspention, Snokel, 31" Pireli Scorpion Muds
ORRA Call Sign: X125

Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:51 pm

Anything with Outsurance in it. No thank, had similar experience. Never again & throw in Hollard in the mix as well...nxaaaa
Tau Sello
Sebata, Lion enjoys hunting with Hynas...

Jingo73
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: Toyota Zebra (Fortuner)

Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:34 pm

I can recommend Alexander Forbes. They are a bit more expensive but they look after their clients. A friend of mine's dog chew my car's bumper and they fixed it for me, if it was my dog I would have had to pay. Never had any problem with them, maybe because my wife is head of their leagle department, don't know, don't care.
All things that are, are with more spirit chased, than enjoyed.
William Shakespeare

ChrisF
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler
Town: Bellville
Vehicle: Langpad (RAV4)

Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:08 pm

Jingo73 wrote:I can recommend Alexander Forbes. They are a bit more expensive but they look after their clients. A friend of mine's dog chew my car's bumper and they fixed it for me, if it was my dog I would have had to pay. Never had any problem with them, maybe because my wife is head of their leagle department, don't know, don't care.
glad to hear your wife is not part of A&G's legal department .... :shock2:

Return to “Bad Service”

• Information