Please advise?! Manzini Game Ranch

And this is the part where we moan. If somebody rendered real bad service, weewee'd you off, caused you damage or cheated you (vehicle related), please please let us know by posting it here.
Forum rules
Disclaimer: The views expressed on this entire web site are of the poster only, and do not necessarily represent the views of http://www.Hilux4x4.co.za" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; or it's members.

We do encourage our members to please make sure that they can proof the facts they post in the bad service section if they do comment on bad service. We also request our members to please do not get carried away when complaining about bad service. This is a public web site. We would like everybody to know when somebody delivered a bad service bad we do not want it to leave a bad taste in the mouth.
WayneSchalk
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Krugersdorp
Vehicle: 2014 Toyota Fortuner 3.0 D4D 4X4 Auto
Club VHF Licence: X117

Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:46 am

For Easter my wife and I wanted to go tiger fishing without having to travel to Zim or Botswana or Namibia. So I called Manzini Game Ranch at Pongola/Jozini Dam.

The accommodation was for the 6th of April and out on the 9th. So I called the manageress to ask if the chalets is on the waterfront and they have a launch pad for my boat, Netti the manageress confirmed that it is on the waterfront and there is a launching pad.

O and here is the website, http://manzinigameranch.co.za, I called and asked the questions because there is not a lot of pictures on the website.

So off we go, I actually booked for the 5th also but Angela could not get Thursday off so I notified them that we will only arrive on the Friday.

When we arrived we got to a building that appeared to me to be the office as you could not see the dam. It turned out to be the chalet we would be staying in!! So I asked Nettie why we would be staying here even if she told me it is on the waterfront, and she responded that I asked for self catering and that was it, and she showed me the chalet that to them is on the waterfront, it is more than 5km away from the water!!

So already not happy, but I paid the balance bringing the total to R3500.00 as what was I to do? So settled and ready to go fishing, then the shock to launch my boat was a 10km dirt road trip to the launch pad!!!!

So I was really not happy I feel that I was misled into believing I would stay in a waterfront stand. So 500km traveled and BIG disappointment.

So this is what I did, I approached Nettie who is an elderly lady and I told her that I feel misled in driving 500KM to something that does not cater for me, and also asked why the door to the chalet we were staying in was opened after we got back from fishing.

Nettie replied by saying she sees me as a child and not a customer and I should not accuse her, then she went on to say she is going the police on me.

Being late on Friday I told her that I will be leaving in the morning and that I will be happy to pay for the night we stayed but wanted the rest of my money back.

I emailed and phoned the property manager what happened and my request for my money back, this is their response.

"Good morning Wayne

Further to your letter regarding your stay at Manzini.

I did take up the matter with the owner of the establishment

He is not interested in refunding any of your money paid. The fact that you paid the balance of your account at the
lodge, after you were shown your accommodation, indicates to us that you were happy to stay.

Further to the above, our website address is on our correspondence and in the photographs you could clearly see that the dam is in the distance

You wife called me on the 5th April and asked if you could pay by credit card on arrival. She also confirmed that you were to arrive at Manzini later that day.
The manager of the ranch contacted me later the same day to say that she was concerned, you haven’t arrived and none of her calls where answered. I also
tried calling you to no avail.

Your letters received on the 9th and the 13th April 2012: I would suggest that you ensure that you have the correct facts before you
spend money on your layers or make yourself guilty of Crimen injuria.

Regards

Thea Calitz"

Please advise me what to do? here are some pictures of the place we stayed.

It aslo turned out that I was charged for an extra night which I did not book, and now they ignore my request even for that refund.
Attachments
IMG00447-20120406-1719.jpg
IMG00448-20120407-0903.jpg

WayneSchalk
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Krugersdorp
Vehicle: 2014 Toyota Fortuner 3.0 D4D 4X4 Auto
Club VHF Licence: X117

Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:50 am

The second picture points straight down to the dam!!

Return to “Bad Service”

• Information