DONT EVER USE CHRISTO’S REMOVALS & STORAGE

And this is the part where we moan. If somebody rendered real bad service, weewee'd you off, caused you damage or cheated you (vehicle related), please please let us know by posting it here.
Forum rules
Disclaimer: The views expressed on this entire web site are of the poster only, and do not necessarily represent the views of http://www.Hilux4x4.co.za" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; or it's members.

We do encourage our members to please make sure that they can proof the facts they post in the bad service section if they do comment on bad service. We also request our members to please do not get carried away when complaining about bad service. This is a public web site. We would like everybody to know when somebody delivered a bad service bad we do not want it to leave a bad taste in the mouth.
MOFASA
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Boksburg
Vehicle: 1998 JEEP XJ 4.0............ 4 inch lift.... more mods to follow............ Old vehicle was MOFASA
ORRA Call Sign: X119

Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:09 pm

Like moving is not stressfull enough...... :slap:

Please i beg of you guys DO NOT USE CHRISTO’S REMOVALS & STORAGE

to move anything for you... :beg: :beg:

First off they quote low to get the job then on the day they want more money...
We moved this weekend and it was a NIGHTMARE.... :frustrated: :frustrated:
These guys got there and we were their FIRST move for the day so you would think that they would be clean.... (Well the stench of them is still in the furniture as they sat on it in the truck or route to the new house....)
They are rude, inconsidderate and complained the entire time as to how many boxes we had and the truck was to small, this was after i told their office last week that a big truck is needed....... They sent what they call a 8 ton truck, It could not be roadworthy as the steering wheel was welded to a piece of flat bar connected to the bulk head of the truck.... :dash: Dont ask me how you can run a removal company and have intransit insurence if your vehicles are not even in roadworthy condition (didn't get a pic of the inside of the cab :dash:)
But the pics show the outside......

They had to do 2 loads and then still didn't take all the stuff in the house... :aggresive:
That left my son and I to start doing loads with my bakkie....
So on Saturday while the movers were busy moving us I did 4 loads with the bakkie and SWAMBO did 3 loads with the Volvo (thak goodness its a stationwaggon.... :crazy: )
Then my son and I did 1 more load on Saturday, Sunday we did another 2 loads and then we were done.......

So what should have taken half a day for a removal company to do took one and a half days, this is just not on, Now they insisting i PAY them another R750 cos they had to go do a second load...... :dash: :dash: :tickedoff: :tickedoff:
I say if they had sent someone out to my place at time of quoting they would have had the correct size truck and the correct price too.... :think:

I feel that after we had to do at least 1 Third of the move with our own vehicles that they have no right to ask for more money. :tickedoff:

The only good thing that came from all this is that all out stuff is now at the new house and now the sorting and getting life back to normal starts.... :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

(NOTE: The trailer is full of holes and least in the light see pic number 2)
Attachments
IMG00268-20120901-1558.jpg
(217.12 KiB) Downloaded 2115 times
IMG00266-20120901-1557.jpg
(206.48 KiB) Downloaded 2115 times
IMG00265-20120901-1523.jpg
IMG00267-20120901-1557.jpg
(189.89 KiB) Downloaded 2115 times
IMG00264-20120901-1523.jpg
(228.69 KiB) Downloaded 2115 times
Live Life in the FAST lane....
Forget the past, Embrace the FUTURE!!!!
To 4x4 or not to 4x4 thats the question....
IT'S A JEEP :yahoo: ..... You wouldn't understand....
ImageImageImage[rimg=206x128]

CasKru
Town: Benoni
Vehicle: '94 Hilux Raider 2.4i (22RE) DC 4x4
ORRA Call Sign: B15

Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:30 pm

Ja nee kyk. The bastards know you can't tell them to go away and you have to use them as you have to leave the premises.... And then above all the extra help didn't pitch due to work duties... eish
To God be the glory

Hilux 1
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Brackenfell
Vehicle: 2000 Raider 2700i 4x4 Double cab. met "rock sliders" en Powerflo stainless exhaust
ORRA Call Sign: HC137

Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:37 pm

if you need a lawyers help, contact me.

MOFASA
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Vehicle: 1998 JEEP XJ 4.0............ 4 inch lift.... more mods to follow............ Old vehicle was MOFASA

Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:47 pm

CasKru wrote:Ja nee kyk. The bastards know you can't tell them to go away and you have to use them as you have to leave the premises.... And then above all the extra help didn't pitch due to work duties... eish
Yip thats true, I have NOT paid them cos i told them i could NOT draw any more money so i would EFT it..... not done yet....

The extra help would have been gr8 but was excused due to work commitments... :thumbup:
Hilux 1 wrote:if you need a lawyers help, contact me.
Maybe you could advise on if i should pay or not.... its hand written on the job card by the driver and i didn't sign anything saying i would pay in extra.... :think:

mushroom
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: krugersdorp
Vehicle: '16 Legend 45 DC 4x4M

Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:04 pm

Personally, I would NOT pay in the difference, but thats me....

Hope the new place is taking shape :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Q20 if its stuck, duct tape if it moves :shock2: :shock2: :shock2:

MOFASA
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:57 pm

mushroom wrote:Personally, I would NOT pay in the difference, but thats me....

Hope the new place is taking shape :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I feel that their poor work performance does not warrent any extra amount...

Its starting to take shape.... SLOWLY... But rome was not built in a day... :thumbup: :thumbup:

Hilux 1
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Brackenfell
Vehicle: 2000 Raider 2700i 4x4 Double cab. met "rock sliders" en Powerflo stainless exhaust
ORRA Call Sign: HC137

Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:39 pm

ignore it, bugger them.

MOFASA
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:44 pm

Hilux 1 wrote:ignore it, bugger them.
I like that idea..... :thumbup:
The only problem i have is they know where i stay.... :wth: and if something happens to my 2 dogs i will hunt them down..... :aggresive:

FIRSTGEER
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: King WilliamsTown
Vehicle: 2,5 D4D Singlr Cab 4X4 Full OME suspension. snorkel.GMA aftermarket bullbar.
ORRA Call Sign: HC 109

Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:48 pm

Send them an account for your fuel used to do their job and see what they have to say.ALSO the fact that they just dumped your furniture without carrying it into the house whould have made me go ape.

Scorpion
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Emmarentia
Vehicle: 1988 Hilux 4x4 D/C with more attitude than Mike Tyson

Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:31 pm

So what? Let them sue you. No lawyer will take a case without a deposit. And believe me no lawyer takes only R750 as a deposit - costs more than that to just open a file. Their other option is small claims court. Nice, easy and straight forward... Except you sit in a qeue for a week!

Bugger them. You accepted a certain quote and that's it! They have no case
1988 Hilex D/C 4x4 (Import spec), Lexus V8; Marlin Crawler; Custom Suspension: front and new 4 link in the rear; Disc Brake conversion rear; 35" Cooper STT tyres; Xenon lights; Custom bullbar;Next? Aircon; new front seats, redo the whole interior in nice soft leather, Respray, Double Lockers
1978 Land Cruiser HJ45
1971 Mercedes Benz 280S Automatic
2011 Land Cruiser 79 V6 (60th Anniversary Edition)

Mr_B
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: Honda Jazz

Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:13 pm

In my experience the driver and team on the day take a chance... they attempt to con you for extra cash, if you don't budge, they don't really bother and then perform below par so dragging things out. If the owner of the moving company wasn't there, I'd contact him and let him know of their potential extortion attempt. If it's the owner that did this, then he's a total @$$hole!

MOFASA
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:21 am

Mr_B wrote: If it's the owner that did this, then he's a total @$$hole!
I was charged the extra by the company...... so F them
FIRSTGEER wrote:Send them an account for your fuel used to do their job and see what they have to say.ALSO the fact that they just dumped your furniture without carrying it into the house whould have made me go ape.
I will wait and see if they have the BALL$ to do something about it and if they do then i will send them the bill for my fuel.... :thumbup: as well as the cleaning bill of all fy couches as they sat on them in the truck without covers and had lunch so there are greasy marks all over them.... :aggresive:
Scorpion wrote:So what? Let them sue you. No lawyer will take a case without a deposit. And believe me no lawyer takes only R750 as a deposit - costs more than that to just open a file. Their other option is small claims court. Nice, easy and straight forward... Except you sit in a qeue for a week!

Bugger them. You accepted a certain quote and that's it! They have no case
I feel the same let them try then i will sue for a NON roadworthy vehicle, The driver confirmed that it would NOT pass roadworthy while i was talking to him....

Return to “Bad Service”

• Information