Bad service = eastrand toyota

And this is the part where we moan. If somebody rendered real bad service, weewee'd you off, caused you damage or cheated you (vehicle related), please please let us know by posting it here.
Forum rules
Disclaimer: The views expressed on this entire web site are of the poster only, and do not necessarily represent the views of http://www.Hilux4x4.co.za" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; or it's members.

We do encourage our members to please make sure that they can proof the facts they post in the bad service section if they do comment on bad service. We also request our members to please do not get carried away when complaining about bad service. This is a public web site. We would like everybody to know when somebody delivered a bad service bad we do not want it to leave a bad taste in the mouth.
gotalovethebush
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: johannesburg
Vehicle: Hilux VIGO 2.5 D4D SRX 4x4.

Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:46 pm

Spent just over 11k on a new clutch, master cylinder, slave cylinder and service on my hilux.

Short story: didn't connect negative on starter motor. Car could hardly start. Bent chasis where gear stick comes out new cab. Lost screw for compression cover around gear stick resulting in louder ride. Broke both air breather pipes on top of gear box.. Confronted them... Only to see a young lighty saying... Oh ya.. Sorry bro..... useless.

Not again. And advise others likewise. Toyota eastrand.

Traveler
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Springs
Vehicle: Pathfinder 2.5 LE AT
Club VHF Licence: X81

Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:11 pm

Peter, that is really bad to hear. Hope you get a form of joy out of them. Do not just accept a "sorry"

They gave me good service for many years.

Know what you don't know.

FJCruiser-ZN
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Durban
Vehicle: FJ Cruiser 4.0 V6 4x4
Club VHF Licence: X224

Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:11 pm

Peter it's sad to hear of such poor service from a supposed Toyota Dealership.

Lodge a complaint with Toyota Customer Care, and insist on having the damage assessed by an independent third party like the AA and repaired.

Our beloved country is going to the dogs....

T
If you don't own an FJ Cruiser you probably won't understand...
Until we meet on a dusty road someday, somewhere, keep on Cruisering....
2013 FJ Cruiser 4.0 V6 4x4 AT
2012 Jurgen's Xcape

ChrisF
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler
Town: Bellville
Vehicle: Langpad (RAV4)

Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:04 pm

lets hope the "lighty" is not the dealer principle ....

Go to the "enquirie desk" and request a meeting with the Dealer Principle.

Sebata
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Cosmo City
Vehicle: '06 Hilux 4.0l V6 auto 4x4, Iron-Man front bumper, Ali3n Rock-sliders, Old man Suspention, Snokel, 31" Pireli Scorpion Muds
Club VHF Licence: X125

Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:01 am

i had almost the same experience with the dealership in JHB cbd, i refused to let it go & logged a complaint with TSA CEO.

go for it log it
Tau Sello
Sebata, Lion enjoys hunting with Hynas...

Pora
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Brakpan
Vehicle: Hilux 2.5 d4d

Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:09 am

OMG that sucks man

Damn useless people that don't know what they doing

pisses me of

Thunder02
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler
Town: East Rand
Vehicle: IFS Hilux
Club VHF Licence: HC105

Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:15 pm

Always heard good reports about them,don't leave it,take it futher :punch:
Not all those who wander are lost!

Scout motto:be prepared....
www.4x4direct.co.za
Email: boksburg@4x4direct.co.za
IFS is like a swambo, soft, sexy and expensive!

gotalovethebush
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD

Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:15 pm

Thanks for your support guys!

I'm just so gatvol... and I just know what following it up is going to be even more stressful and will eventually result in... NOTHING!

Everything keeps going right.... If you do it yourself!
:surrender:

Thunder02
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler
Town: East Rand
Vehicle: IFS Hilux
Club VHF Licence: HC105

Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:31 pm

gotalovethebush wrote:Thanks for your support guys!

I'm just so gatvol... and I just know what following it up is going to be even more stressful and will eventually result in... NOTHING!

Everything keeps going right.... If you do it yourself!
:surrender:
:laugh2:

But that's the problem generally,we give up,I'm not covering up for their mistakes.
Give it a go,they might surprise you :thumbup:
Not all those who wander are lost!

Scout motto:be prepared....
www.4x4direct.co.za
Email: boksburg@4x4direct.co.za
IFS is like a swambo, soft, sexy and expensive!

gotalovethebush
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD

Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:11 pm

So my saga continues ....

See the email that I sent to them after my last service....

I'm now complaining...

Hi,

RE: SERVICE

Toyota Hilux

Document xxxx

Thanks for your sms. I have been waiting to be contacted.

I am actually horrified by Toyota Eastrand's service. 

Let me give you a break down.

About a year ago, I spent about R14k on a new clutch and new clutch peddle union/spricket. Taking delivery of the car, I noticed the cabin noise was unusually high. When I got home, I removed the gear stick cover and noticed that the cover on the chasis was only replaced with 4 off the 6 plastic screws. I removed the cover and noticed that the air breather that comes off the gear box and diff was broken off and not replaced. The chassis was also bent in numerous places when the box was replaced. I was to scared to take it in, so I repaired the damages myself. 

About 7 months later, the clutch pedal started 'jumping' when being released but I was hoping for the problem to solve itself, not wanting  to take the risk of giving it to your services department again. Unfortunately, the problem only got more annoying and I had to take it in. The repair was covered by Toyota under warranty as it was within 1 year and only did 20K odd km's.. Very apprehensive about removing the box again,I agreed. I advised x about the previous service and I told him to please try do a good job. He assured me, he would.... 'put his best technician' on the job.

After taking delivery of the car, I drove straight to the nearest parking within your garage and got under the vehicle to check.

The first thing I noticed that 3 OFF THE MAIN BOLTS ON THE GEARBOX WERE HAND LOOSE. I immediately drove back into your service garage and spoke to the first "advisor". He agreed to help me and drove the vehicle over the pit. The 3 LOOSE BOLTSwere tightened. Being a 4x4 Vehicle, there are 3 universal joints. 

ONLY 1 OF THE 3 UNIVERSAL JOINTS WERE GREASED. THIS IS SURELY THE MOST IMPORTANT AND FIRST THING THAT SHOULD BE DONE DURING A SERVICE???

The universals were greased in my presence. I was highly irritated. Not once, did my 'service advisor' offer any assistance, apologies or ANYTHING.

I hate to complain, as I know people can make mistakes. This simply is just not good enough.

To top it off. They broke my deep cycle battery bracket clear off the chassis... And not a word.

Looking forward to your reply

ChrisF
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler
Town: Bellville
Vehicle: Langpad (RAV4)

Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:08 pm

My dealings with Toyota Barloworld Tygervalley is well documented on this and the 4x4Community forum.

FOUR out of the last 7 services required some or other corrective action ....

Toyota SA - USELESS !!!!!!! ...... they replied ONCE, just to tell me to contact Barloworld head office .... :(

Service advisor - eventually typed out the complete history, then figured HE is the common denominator with all the BAD experiences (the good ones were with a different service advisor - who is currently dealing with a recall item on my car, excellent service)

Service manager - his only motivation is to cover for his service advisor and blames everything on the appy in the workshop, not at all interested in the fact that the service advisor SHOULD be checking a few basics before calling a client.

Dealer principle .... uhm ja, dragging him out his office a few times .... but he is useless at dealing with emails - only answered to the last one, where I copied other Barloworld seniors .....

Let's just say the brand can do with a shake up ..... (BUT, it aint any better at the other brands...)

Return to “Bad Service”

• Information