Stor-Age Self Storage - 66% Annual Rate Increase

And this is the part where we moan. If somebody rendered real bad service, weewee'd you off, caused you damage or cheated you (vehicle related), please please let us know by posting it here.
Forum rules
Disclaimer: The views expressed on this entire web site are of the poster only, and do not necessarily represent the views of http://www.Hilux4x4.co.za" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; or it's members.

We do encourage our members to please make sure that they can proof the facts they post in the bad service section if they do comment on bad service. We also request our members to please do not get carried away when complaining about bad service. This is a public web site. We would like everybody to know when somebody delivered a bad service bad we do not want it to leave a bad taste in the mouth.
Samurai
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: 2008 Hilux Raider 3.0 D-4D D/C 4X4
Club VHF Licence: X209

Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:02 pm

So 13/11/2013 we were notified that our storage facility in Mnandi (Centurion) had been sold to Stor-age. Great! We paid and will pay R600 a month until end of Feb 2014.

A letter from Stor-age today said that effective 01/03/2014, the monthly rate will be R999!! :shock:
Such a high increase, all at once!? The unit itself has not been upgraded or improved in any way. I understand new ownership, a nice office with internet for employees etc etc etc, but such a high increase all at once? Good business practice? :evil:

If that is their standard rate, why weren't the clients notified at the beginning of Dec 2013 or Jan 2013? Seriously? :punch:

I don't mind a reasonable increase, but really 66%... Looking forward to their response following my email to their head office, post on Facebook, Tweet on Twitter and complaint on Hellopeter...

"from this day to the ending of the world... we in it shall be remembered. We lucky few, we band of brothers.
For he who today shed his blood with me shall be my brother."

Toppie4x4
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Centurion
Vehicle: Hilux 4.0 V6 DC 4x4

Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:13 pm

ja nee ek stem saam. Die pryse is buitensporig hoog en nie meer vir die gewone ou wat sy karavaan, boot of sleewa daar wil bere nie. n sleepwa kos jou +- R12000 - R15000, maar na n jaar kos hy jou nou dubbel die prys aan huurgeld. Ek dink daar is te veel besighede wat van die self storage eenhede gebruik maak en dit het die pryse opgejaag.

Samurai
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers

Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:11 pm

The reply I got from from Stor-age after lodging the complaint:

"Thank you for contacting us and we understand your concern however please consider the following:
1. Infrequent increases levied over the past 5 years has meant that rates currently charged are not representative of the costs associated with operating such a facility
2. Municipal rates, utilities and other costs have increased by an average 15% pa -depending on the specific service
3. Self storage rates in Pretoria have been artificially low when benchmarked against other metropolitan areas evidenced by the current excessive demand

Stor-Age offers a significantly improved self storage product, including:
1. A full time presence by trained storage experts
2. A purpose built Retail Office, a Customer Reception area, the sale of storage related products and a business centre offering free internet
3. Operational improvements covering
a. Significant cleaning of the facilities
b. A major upgrade programme
c. Enhanced security with improvements to electric fencing, security cameras
d. Upgrading of all firefighting equipment

Our experience in South Africa confirms that our approach is consistent with the demands of those who seek a quality option for their valued personal effects"

So their poor business planning is passed down to the clients, so we have to just pay up... Not good enough... :banned:

"from this day to the ending of the world... we in it shall be remembered. We lucky few, we band of brothers.

ChrisF
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler
Town: Bellville
Vehicle: Langpad (RAV4)

Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:33 pm

okay so the "increase" is VERY HIGH.

now the question is - is the NEW premium higher than the other options in the area ??

IF the previous owner was too low, and then went bust .... you cant expect the new owners to go the same route ...

BUT, if they are more expensive than the competition ...... wel DAN stuur jy hulle suutjies in hul m.. m.... maai in !!

Samurai
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers

Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:20 pm

It is very high... I only received the notice today, so will start getting quotes for other storage facilities in the area, apparently there are cheaper ones in Lyttelton and close to Lenchen and the R101.

I don't mind a reasonable increase, but this is very high... Imagine if it was rates and taxes or the fuel price that went up by 66% in 1 month... :slap:

ChrisF
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler
Town: Bellville
Vehicle: Langpad (RAV4)

Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:47 pm

kyk ek sal self nie hou van so verhoging nie !!!!!!

laat ons tog weet wat vra hul kompetisie ....

Thabogrobler
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Vehicle: '02 'Lux KZ
Club VHF Licence: x223

Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:47 pm

Eina!

'n Pel wil so oor 'n jaar begin om storage in daai selfde omgewing te bou...
'02 KZ 'Lux. Cooled. Chipped. Onca'd. Cherished!

If you are a diesel fan, raise your hand.
If you aren't raising your hand, raise your standards!

A 4x4 is merely a machine that enables you to get stuck further away from civilization.

ROOFER
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: grassy park cape town
Vehicle: 99 s/c hilux 4x4 2.7i long range tank & dual battery; 2003 nissan x-TRAIL (4X4)

Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:02 pm

kyk ek het R990.00 seker so 5 jaar gelede vir n 6x3 grootte eenheid by Storage Land betaal na 2 jaar vind ek toe Secure store vir amper die helfte van die prys,toe skyf ek maar my goedtjies.

My advies kyk n bietjie rond as jy ongelukig is :( :( .

Ek so se so n sprong in prys is maar erg jong, voor spoed :yahoo:

Return to “Bad Service”

• Information