TJM Silver Lakes

And this is the part where we moan. If somebody rendered real bad service, weewee'd you off, caused you damage or cheated you (vehicle related), please please let us know by posting it here.
Forum rules
Disclaimer: The views expressed on this entire web site are of the poster only, and do not necessarily represent the views of http://www.Hilux4x4.co.za" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; or it's members.

We do encourage our members to please make sure that they can proof the facts they post in the bad service section if they do comment on bad service. We also request our members to please do not get carried away when complaining about bad service. This is a public web site. We would like everybody to know when somebody delivered a bad service bad we do not want it to leave a bad taste in the mouth.
SwannieC
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: Hilux DC 4x4 AT

Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:35 am

Bought Air Springs and requested TJM Silver Lakes to do the installation as Air Supply Company does not do installations. Quoted me R650 and I accepted the quotation. Booked my vehicle in for the installation and were informed they they did not realise I also wanted the compressor installed and therefore the price went up to R1 250. Bit upset, but I accepted the "revised" quotation. They contacted me later the day to inform me that they cannot fit the compressor inside the engine compartment because I have a second battery installed. So they had to install the compressor on the back of my bakkie. Bummer, but nothing else possible. Then all the drama started. The high pressure hose was too short for the bin installation and they ordered the longer hose. Said they would sent a driver to collect me and that they will contact me the next day when the hose arrived to bring my bakkie back to complete the installation. After the driver picked me up, I waited for another 3/4 hours for them just to get some air into the springs as you cannot drive them "empty".

One week later I phoned them and were informed that the service consultant was off sick and that he will contact me when he got back. I had to phone him again and schedule an appointment to complete the installation. Worst part is that the control box for the air springs were installed in front of my gear levers and I could not engage low range 4X4 because the control box was in the way. Oi! Not impressed! Would expect them to know better!

Hopefully they can fix the problem without drilling my dash full of holes.

The service I received were very lethargic and unprofessional.

They will not see me again. :thumbdown: Luckily there are various 4x4 installation stores in Pretoria.

Jaans
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Benoni
Vehicle: 2005 4L V6 DC Hilux; Pajero Sport 2.5 4x4 M/T

Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:25 pm

Sorry to hear that is bad service.
1 Kor 1:18 " Die boodskap van die kruis van Christus is wel onsin vir die wat verlore gaan, maar vir ons wat gered word, is dit die krag van God."

Toppie4x4
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Centurion
Vehicle: Hilux 4.0 V6 DC 4x4

Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:33 pm

Ja Boet...................ek sou hulle aangevat het. Hoe kan hulle n kwotasie gee sonder om die voertuig eers te ondersoek. Ek stem hulle sal my ook nie weer sien nie. :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Tal
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Kroonstad
Vehicle: Fortuna

Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:28 pm

This is one the great things about forums! Neither will i go there for anything!
ONE LIFE.... DRIVE A TOYOTA

SwannieC
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: Hilux DC 4x4 AT

Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:10 pm

Everybody makes mistakes, but not everybody try and rectify them. I can gladly report that they really did a great installation job. Although my concern was not to negotiate a discount, but rather the manner in which the quotation was done, management agreed to drop the price to the original quoted price. Management also apologised profusely. I am extremely happy with the installation. Everything is working and looking very neat.

Thank you TJM

FIRSTGEER
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: King WilliamsTown
Vehicle: 2,5 D4D Singlr Cab 4X4 Full OME suspension. snorkel.GMA aftermarket bullbar.
ORRA Call Sign: HC 109

Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:18 pm

Happy to hear that they sorted your installation out to your satisfaction.

Return to “Bad Service”

• Information