Dealership woes.

And this is the part where we moan. If somebody rendered real bad service, weewee'd you off, caused you damage or cheated you (vehicle related), please please let us know by posting it here.
Forum rules
Disclaimer: The views expressed on this entire web site are of the poster only, and do not necessarily represent the views of http://www.Hilux4x4.co.za" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; or it's members.

We do encourage our members to please make sure that they can proof the facts they post in the bad service section if they do comment on bad service. We also request our members to please do not get carried away when complaining about bad service. This is a public web site. We would like everybody to know when somebody delivered a bad service bad we do not want it to leave a bad taste in the mouth.
zepplin
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: GX Cruiser
Club VHF Licence: HC 127

Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:25 am

So SWAMBO decides to get 'mommy' car as the current 1.9 TDI two door Polo is a struggle with the 9 month old and all the paraphanalia that accompanies it on each trip.

She finds a suitable VW Touran 2.0 diesel at the local dealer via Gumtree. To cut a long story short - Ad on Gumtree reads "2008 with 69 000km". To me this is a bargain as I've been looking for a while and I know what these cars go for.............(Three ads for the same vehicle from the salesmen at the same dealership suddenly appear on Gumtree).

I call the salesman wanting to check the details as the price seemed a little low. He says actually, there's a typo and it's in fact an '05 model.

Not a major problem for me as the kms are low. I shoot down to have a look and discover that the kms are actually 78 000.
Still no problem for me.

After discussing a few issues with the car which they are happy to attend to, we agree on a cash price and I sign the 'offer to purchase' and leave R1k so no one else runs off with it.

Get a follow up call a day later to advise of progress - all is on track but there is one little issue - the model is now actually an '04!

This is now an issue as the car has 'aged' by four years in two days. ''Have a chat to the boss about looking at the price again" I say to the salesman.

He calls back to say that the price is non-negotiable since the dealer principal always knew it was an '04 but ALL his sales people got it wrong!

I'm just venting here. Sick and tired of the consumer being treated like CR@P!

More than happy to splash their name here...........might even 'rent' the banner ad here on the home page! :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse:
Last edited by zepplin on Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cruzer GX 80 1hz Manual
Cruzer VX 80 LTD 1hd-ft auto
Cruzer VX 80 UK spec 1hd-ft manual

ChrisF
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler
Town: Bellville
Vehicle: Langpad (RAV4)

Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:44 am

Steve if its any consolation - same crappy service buying brand new from that lot next to Toys-R-Us !! :( :(

2008 I had a very bad experience with them - when buying a Polo new.

2011 another bad experience when trying to get a test drive with the Amarok

2012 my buys the CC ... CR@P service from them !! Finally the VW branch in the CBD of Cape Town drove out to our office - 500m from the local dealership - to conclude the deal.

zepplin
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: GX Cruiser
Club VHF Licence: HC 127

Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:06 am

With the recent service levels I've received from Eskom, Mango and now this tosser, I've decided that 2015 is going to be the year of taking no more cr@p.
Cruzer GX 80 1hz Manual
Cruzer VX 80 LTD 1hd-ft auto
Cruzer VX 80 UK spec 1hd-ft manual

pietpetoors
Town: Langebaan
Vehicle: 2.7 Hilux 4x4 DC
Club VHF Licence: X27

Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:52 pm

More than happy to splash their name here
Then do so, I am sure it was no coincidence that only the dealer principle new the year model and not any of the sales people. If you have a car on your books you have all the correct details.
Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow!
1999 Hilux 2.7i 4x4 Raider DC. Rear diff-lock, Red Peppor Bull Bar and rock sliders, 31" Cooper ST, Snorkel, Alu-Canopy, VHF Kirisun radio, West Coast Rust, Mikem Rear Suspension, Ball Joint Spacers in front, 25watt LED Spots

FIRSTGEER
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: King WilliamsTown
Vehicle: 2,5 D4D Singlr Cab 4X4 Full OME suspension. snorkel.GMA aftermarket bullbar.
Club VHF Licence: HC 109

Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:36 pm

Put the shoe on the other foot,lets say you trade in your wheels and agree to a price with the dealer relative to mileage and MODEL of your trade in and for some reason you get the MODEL WRONG.They will capitalize on your error.Rather move away from the deal as all future dealings concerning that car with the said dealer cannot be based on TRUST.Thats my tcw based on my own experience.

Return to “Bad Service”

• Information