Nikon D7000 with lenses R10,000.00

Anything else you wanna sell
Forum rules
When advertising something in this section the following rules apply:
1. You must include the price in the subject line and / or in the post.If you don't specify a price we will delete your ad.Click here if you are unsure
2. You must upload a photo. If you don't upload a photo we will delete your ad. Click here to find out how
3. If it is an "auction" item you must state so in the subject line instead of the price. Auctions can be valid for a maximum period of 14 days.
4. It must be 4x4/outdoor/vehicle related.
5. Once the items has been sold you must edit your post and put SOLD in the subject line.
EXAMPLE: Set of 31" BF Tyres for sale - R3500
or SOLD - Set of 31" BF Tyres for sale - R3500 - SOLD
6. Don't be a spammer. Introduce yourself and be part of the forum before trying to place an ad.
7. You MUST have a minimum Post Count of 10 before advertising here.
pietpetoors
Town: Langebaan
Vehicle: 2.7 Hilux 4x4 DC
ORRA Call Sign: X27

Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:03 pm

Nikon D7000 with 28-300 Tamron LD Di lens with Macro function and VC
Also a 90mm Tamron Macro lens

Recently serviced and calibrated by Nikon in Cape Town
In very good condition, only took 1603 pictures with it so far.

Included:
16 Mb Sandisk Ultra card
Original manual
Remote Shutter
Nikon software CD
Cables
Camera bag
d7000 (2).JPG
Nikon D7000
Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow!
1999 Hilux 2.7i 4x4 Raider DC. Rear diff-lock, Red Peppor Bull Bar and rock sliders, 31" Cooper ST, Snorkel, Alu-Canopy, VHF Kirisun radio, West Coast Rust, Mikem Rear Suspension, Ball Joint Spacers in front, 25watt LED Spots

GI Jane
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Strand WC
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux 4x4, 2.41t Raider 1998 DC - front & rear difflock, 140lt fuel tank, 31" BFG a/t, snorkel, drawer system, alucab canopy, driver with attitude.
ORRA Call Sign: X112

Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:26 pm

So Pieter.... have you decided to convert to Canon..... :mocking: :mocking: :mocking: Of course I will fully understand if you have... :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

pietpetoors

Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:30 pm

mmmmmh, I waited for them comments. :mocking:

I will be downgrading for now and see how it goes.

After my last trip I got tired of swapping lenses and finding space for a big camera.

I had enough time to sit next to a camp fire and wonder why am I taking photographs.
Do I want to print posters for bill boards or do I just want to add my pics to my web site and share it with some friends? I used to be a keen photographer but I think that changed, I now do it more for the fun and less serious, it is a "been there, done that" thing.

I know, every now and then one get that extra nice pic which you want to have enlarged, but the biggest I did was one meter long pictures, so I will not be taking bill board shots anyway.

I downgraded to a "bridge" camera and so far I tend to use it more often than my Nikon.
I don't like things laying around being unused so I decided to let the Nikon go.

If at some stage I feel I preferred my big camera, I will just buy one again (or maybe a Canon)
1999 Hilux 2.7i 4x4 Raider DC. Rear diff-lock, Red Peppor Bull Bar and rock sliders, 31" Cooper ST, Snorkel, Alu-Canopy, VHF Kirisun radio, West Coast Rust, Mikem Rear Suspension, Ball Joint Spacers in front, 25watt LED Spots

ChrisF
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler
Town: Bellville
Vehicle: Langpad (RAV4)

Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:02 pm

Pieter I am of the opinion that a decent bridge is more than what 98% of users need.

And you always have the right lens ready ....

GI Jane
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Strand WC
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux 4x4, 2.41t Raider 1998 DC - front & rear difflock, 140lt fuel tank, 31" BFG a/t, snorkel, drawer system, alucab canopy, driver with attitude.
ORRA Call Sign: X112

Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:24 pm

okay Pieter, I get your drift, and in fact I really agree with your deep philosophical reasoning... enjoy the bridge...yip those dslr cameras get heavy to carry around.

Stef
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: '98 LTD
ORRA Call Sign: X107

Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:16 pm

Pieter, Kinda went through the same BEFORE buying, did not want billboard sized prints but I wanted to be able to get decent prints if I wanted to.

Spoken to a friend who does photo shoots to get ins & outs, Canon vs Nikon , VR lenses vs VX etc.
We settled on the Nikon D3200 which can take pics as good as any bigger model (Only real experts will know the difs); Makro ran a special in 2013 where bought the camera with 2 VR lenses for R8999 which included the training course. The one lens alone I priced at a camera shop and was quoted R14 000 :shock2:

The facilitator of the training echoed the sentiments of my friend, and by all reviews the D3200 has more professional range features than just a bridge cam.I agree with Chris, if those are VR lenses keep them, but it looks like they aren't Nikon lenses, so if that's the case rather let them go.

So bottom line as always, shop/ask around, and the training is crucial, otherwise you will take better pics with your phone....

pietpetoors

Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:59 pm

Got this now
http://www.fujifilm.com/products/digita" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... inepix_s1/

I like the Fujifilm because my very first digital camera was (and still is) a S7000
It takes incredibly sharp pictures.

The S1 is far better than the 8 year old S7000.

50x Optical Zoom = 1200mm lens and it has all the stabilization features, etc for if you are shaky on that distance.
I can still do manual exposures, which I still prefer.
Can now take from 28mm to 1200mm pics with one small camera.

The whole camera sells for less than what I paid for my cheapest Tamron lens.

pietpetoors

Mon May 16, 2016 6:09 pm

Price reduced to R10k

Return to “Anything Else for sale”

• Information