Bfreesani - AKA Hillbilly

Tell us a bit more about your Hilux (or other 4x4) and show off with some pictures.
Bfreesani
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Roodepoort
Vehicle: Nissan Sani 2.7TD

Bfreesani - AKA Hillbilly

Post by Bfreesani »

Hi All

Hope this in not going to make me feel like I am venturing into the Lions Den (nothing to do with the rugby team)...

Came here because I have made some friends offroad that also hang out here and see nothing wrong with spreading my charm and knowledge around (just too much for one 4x4 site) :lol:
IMAG0046.JPG
I see there is someone on this forum with the name Hillbilly already, sorry, did not mean to steal your name..

Hope I get the same welcome as Kagiso and Supraluxbul as you know that Toyota does not make the Sani. My ride is a 1997 2.7 TD Nissan Sani Station wagon. Kagiso named it Hillbilly the other day and we have decided to go with that as we have been shameless, err, um, nameless for nearly two years now.

Thanks for the invite to the site Mac, browsing through the pages it looks like quiet a nice place to hang out as well.

David
Hillbilly
BenHur
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: '96 D/C Raider

Re: Bfreesani - AKA Hillbilly

Post by BenHur »

Hi David

Welcome here. I hope you will enjoy you stay and change your perception about Hilux drivers. We are actually a nice bunch, yes we like to tease a little (ok Ewald alot) but Nissan drivers are our friends.

Unfortunatally there are certain Hilux drivers out there who gives us all a bad name and reputation, but the guys here are a great bunch.

So how is that Zook of the missus going. Have you though of putting the Toyota Conquest RSi engine (as Ewald would say Hee-Ha) in instead of the A14 (whoopy) or a diesel (yawn, zzzzzzzrr....snorring)
ToyX4
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Ottosdal
Vehicle: Rocky's

Post by ToyX4 »

Hi David

Welcome. Hope you enjoy this lekker site.
ImageImage
Dadz Toy BFI

Post by Dadz Toy BFI »

Hi David

Welcome to the Forum :!:

I used to drive 'one of those' when I did a two year stint in the Highlands of Papua New Guinea, in the South Pacific (above Nth Australia).

We had three vehicles: Sani, Patrol and 100 Series Land Cruiser

We I had to go deep into the Rain Forest to negotiate timber I grabbed the Sani as it was more capable than the Cruiser and the Patrol was hecticly crap at river crossings.

Frequently zig zag waded through the fast flowing Wagi River, watrer up to the wipers, no snorkel - and then parked in an eddy for a free jet wash, the Sani never let me down and NO SNORKEL :!: Build wise the Sani didn't fair well on the rocky roads and we were always welding shock mounts and chassis cracks

However, I think you'll be quite overwhelmed by the good stuff on this site and if you're lucky enough to get a ride in an SFA, you'll be hooked and converted :!: :P

Welcome again Dave :wink:

Rich 8)
Family_Dog
Town: Klerksdorp
Vehicle: Hilux DC SFA, Hilux 2.7 DC, Hilux 2.7 SC, Prado 95 VX
Club VHF Licence: HC101

Post by Family_Dog »

Hi David,

Welcome to the Hilux forum! I have been following your weekend posts on the Nissan forum where you were making accessories (I think rocksliders?) for your vehicle. Feel free to share such knowledge here as well :)

-F_D

White Fang: 1999 2.7i DC Raider 4x4
Bull Dog: 1987 4Y-EFI 2.2 DC 4x4
Pra Dog: 1998 Prado VX 3.4
Hound Dog: 2000 2.7i SC 4x4

One Staffie, One Jack Russell, One Ring Neck Screecher, 17 Fish of questionable heritage

Andrew
Town: Johannesburg
Vehicle: 3.0KZTE

Post by Andrew »

Welcome Dave

can I add...had a fantastic trip in a Sani to Komatiepoort (for tiger fishing) a few years back, and I was really mpressed with it!
CasKru
Town: Benoni
Vehicle: '94 Hilux Raider 2.4i (22RE) DC 4x4
Club VHF Licence: B15

Post by CasKru »

Welcome David
However, I think you'll be quite overwhelmed by the good stuff on this site and if you're lucky enough to get a ride in an SFA, you'll be hooked and converted
Ditto :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
To God be the glory
Bfreesani
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Roodepoort
Vehicle: Nissan Sani 2.7TD

Post by Bfreesani »

Thanks to all for the great welcome.

Bennie, no matter where you go and what you do, you will always have the odd person that messes it up for others.

We drove out a while ago along the Magalies mountains and just took odd tracks into bush to see what we could find. Came across this fairly hectic piece that we thought would be col to take on with a 4x4. Road goes through a valley and up the other side.

When we arrived and started looking at the route to follow, a gentleman arrived with his dog and some binoculars. He told us he was part of some conservation group that is trying to keep Maggalies nature reserve looking good. He told us they close the road but 4x4 guys keep taking down the signs and barriers to come ride this particular obstacle.

The three vehicles we were with immediately decided to turn around and go back. The old man said he could not "take us all on" and I thought it would be a nice gesture from a 4x4 owner showing some respect for others property, to turn and leave the area as we found it as it is absolutely beautiful.

On out way out we met some guys with a Jeep and and two quads on there way down to the obstacle. They asked us what it was like and we told them we were not riding it was leaving the area. They told us not too worry about the old senile man and just to go have fun.

I wonder in this situation, what the "oldman's" perspective is of the 4x4 hooligans that come rip up his mountain side to have fun. Is this the picture that helps us with all these people already screaming about 4x4 vehicles and nature conservation and imposing higher taxes. Does this help us guys that want to keep the 4x4 activity alive?

OOps, way off topic. sorry about that.

Ben.. The Zuki is now officially work in progress and will be for a while to come. We wanted to put a fiberglass body onto it, but the money situation is not going to allow that for a while. I am starting to fix the odd thing as I have a couple of rands and some time. I am very anxious to get the Zuki on the road and will keep the standard engine in there for a while still. Ladybug (my other half) is still a learner and we want to use the Zuki to teach our sons the basic of 4x4 and driving responsibilities.

Rich... is the vehicle you are describing the same as mine. The Sani was build here in SA, did not know any of them found there way that far outside our borders.

FD, those rock sliders are kinda a laughing point with some guys. My bright ideas sometimes catch me out bigtime. I thought it would be great to put hi-lift jack points onto the sliders. All they are good for is plowing. I have hung myself up at Mahem that two vehicles could not get me over the top of the obstacle. I have to cut them off but they are integral to the side bars and need some redesign to keep the strength up.

Thanks to all for a great welcome. I look forward to spending time here and sharing the 4x4 experience with you all.
Later....
David
Hillbilly
Dadz Toy BFI

Post by Dadz Toy BFI »

David

Yeah, it was a 'similar format' "baby Patrol" not Patrol had an Aussie Bush Bashing type name: ???

When I came here in 94 I bought one (I was a Nissan Oke in those 'dark days') and it was the same package. :)

I heard that it went to the scrappy shortly after I left PNG, it was Brand New when I got there :shock:

But that's not too unusual as those roads were lined with dead Mac Trucks and PMV's (Black Taxi's) - vehicles lasted 5 yrs max! :roll:

Mine here nearly bankrupted me, it was hecticly unreliable, rusted like crazy, and had same shocker mount problems :cry: :cry:

"Convert to SFA Now, Ask Me How :!: "

Cheers man :wink:

Rich 8)
ToyX4
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Ottosdal
Vehicle: Rocky's

Post by ToyX4 »

Unfortunatally there are certain Hilux drivers out there who gives us all a bad name and reputation, but the guys here are a great bunch.
Those guys you mentioned, David, is and will make life difficult for us responsible guys :x

While at Sodwana this holiday over Christmas, there was this guy with a Lexus V8 SFA. He raced up and down the roads, where children are walking and playing and running. EVERYONE else drives responsibly, except this guy.
If he starts the engine he revs it and races away spinning al over the place. If I was abit bigger, like Bennie, I would've m*@red this guy for sure.

Enjoy the forum.
ImageImage
Kagiso
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Benoni
Vehicle: Datsun SAFARI aka LOBO, Nissan Patrol GQ

Post by Kagiso »

Yo & wellcome Davy ... now we can breed & multiply and take over thie Toyota crowd without them knowing it :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
There really are great guys on this farm Davy - and I'm sure Hillbilly person will not mind sharing a name with Hillbilly Sani ? (I like your avatar)
Oh ... photos on this site is smaller than 'anderkant' 150Kb I found [or maybe its just to prevent us overshadowing the Hi Luxes ?)
Klaar gestir vir vandag Bennie, gaan werk nou maar... :lol:
Outreach2Africa - In support of Missionaries of Africa: Helping God's children doing God's work.
on't bring God down to your level of faith ... bring your faith up to His level!
Cookie Monster
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Port Elizabeth
Vehicle: 2006 Hilux DC V6 Auto 4x4 Oldman Emu suspension

Post by Cookie Monster »

Hi David and welcome to the forum :mrgreen:
2006 Hilux DC 4x4 4.0 V6 Old Man Emu suspension, Long Range Fuel Tank and a LA Sport Sump Guard, Natko railings with spade and high lift brackets, LA Sport high lift jack mounts, Powder coated Hilux Nudge Bar, Hella LED light bar, LED Work Light
Scooter
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: JHB
Vehicle: '94 Raider, '05 Vigo 4.0 v6

Post by Scooter »

Welcome David

Bfreesani :?: One day maybe you will be free of your Sani and driving a Lux :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

may your stay be an experience and your experience be why you stay :wink:
"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realise that what you heard is not what I meant."

Return to “Members' Vehicles”