Hilux at last !

Tell us a bit more about your Hilux (or other 4x4) and show off with some pictures.
african dust
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Seychelles + Montagu
Vehicle: '98 Hilux DC 4x4 22R LTD. Land cruiser FJ60, 1981, old and tough. Prado 150 vx v6.

Hilux at last !

Post by african dust »

today we received out Hilux. '98 SFA, 22R. it is what it is...the good bits and the less good. like any owner we are biased and we think it is great. Now: step 1- get it to Hoppy, step 2- convince the wife we need to add little bits and pieces, step 3- speak to boss about an advance step 4- plan the october trip...Small Karoo, it has been a while but we are so looking forward to seeing you again. to all of the club, thanks thus far for the help. Let the good times roll.
Attachments
Our hilux..waiting patiently.
Our hilux..waiting patiently.
Quintin
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Umhlanga
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux D/C 2 x Diff lock, 33" MT Tyre, Lexus V8, Winch, Bull Bar and Tow bar.

Re: Hilux at last !

Post by Quintin »

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: this is excellent you must have lots of fun with it and make the wife pard of all the fun and she will be hooked especially those romantic night deep in the bush mmmm :beach: :beach:
Toyota Fortuner 3.0 D 4 D 4X4 A/T (4 play). Hilux DC 4x4, Lexus 4Lt V8, Mikhem suspension met 50mm lift, 50 mm body lift, Bilstein Shocks extra length, 33" tyre, 8 J rims, 2 x Lockers, Snorkel. (Blou Job) en dan n Peugeot 107 (Quickie).
Royco
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Stellenbosch
Vehicle: '09 D4D 3.0 Raider 4x4 D/Cab
Club VHF Licence: X88

Post by Royco »

Congrats, Matthieu!! :thumbup:
My first Hilux was a green LTD! Brings back memories to see your foto. :thumbup: :thumbup:
Image Image Image Image
Thunder02
Town: East Rand
Vehicle: IFS Hilux
Club VHF Licence: HC105

Post by Thunder02 »

Congrats,enjoy her :thumbup: :thumbup:
Not all those who wander are lost!

Scout motto:be prepared....
www.4x4direct.co.za
Email: boksburg@4x4direct.co.za
IFS is like a swambo, soft, sexy and expensive!
african dust
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Vehicle: '98 Hilux DC 4x4 22R LTD. Land cruiser FJ60, 1981, old and tough. Prado 150 vx v6.

Post by african dust »

what is the idea with the LTD...I assume it was the end of the series and so they tried to squeeze a few sales before it stopped. what were the changes that made it LTD ? any ideas ?
african dust
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by african dust »

Royco wrote:Congrats, Matthieu!! :thumbup:
My first Hilux was a green LTD! Brings back memories to see your foto. :thumbup: :thumbup:
maybe this is it ? I have no idea on the history of the vehicle...is there a topic on the forum where one can hunt history of vehicles based on vin numbers ?
JJBotes
Town: Witbank
Vehicle: KZ-TE

Post by JJBotes »

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
:thumbup:
Royco
Town: Stellenbosch
Vehicle: '09 D4D 3.0 Raider 4x4 D/Cab
Club VHF Licence: X88

Post by Royco »

african dust wrote:
Royco wrote:Congrats, Matthieu!! :thumbup:
maybe this is it ? I have no idea on the history of the vehicle...is there a topic on the forum where one can hunt history of vehicles based on vin numbers ?
Who knows.... we sold it in 2005...

Have a look at this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=16951" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It has some "facts" about the Limited.
Image Image Image Image
jacques kotze
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Nelspruit
Vehicle: 2,8 4x4 Auto Fortuner. 2,8 4x4 Hilux singlecab.

Post by jacques kotze »

Nice ride indeed. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
turbo6906
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Walvis bay
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux 1989 2.2 4y

Post by turbo6906 »

Nice van Matthieu. Enjoy it!
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Post by Mud Dog »

Hi Matthieu,

IRO the vehicle, look here .... viewtopic.php?f=129&t=19044" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
and read through these ..... search.php?author_id=5275&sr=posts" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

N.B.

"I post this as a third hand report so I cannot vouch for the accuracy of the info, but any interested buyer should look it over carefully. It is also not my intention to cast aspersions on the seller whom as far as I know was also unaware of any such possible accident."

There was a posting where he replied to this admitting to the roof having been changed due to accident damage, and that he only found it out after making enquiries as a result of my post above. I cannot find that post now .... perhaps he deleted it afterwards.

That said, I'm inclined to believe that the vehicle is otherwise in fair condition, since Allan apparently checked it over at the time he bought it.

For further info on the the LTD series, there are quite a number of threads ..... just do a search (it might keep you busy for a while, so do it when you know you will have some time! :lol: ) Here's one to start with ..... viewtopic.php?f=14&t=16951" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

;-)
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
african dust
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by african dust »

Mud Dog wrote:Hi Matthieu,

IRO the vehicle, look here .... viewtopic.php?f=129&t=19044" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
and read through these ..... search.php?author_id=5275&sr=posts" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

N.B.

"I post this as a third hand report so I cannot vouch for the accuracy of the info, but any interested buyer should look it over carefully. It is also not my intention to cast aspersions on the seller whom as far as I know was also unaware of any such possible accident."

There was a posting where he replied to this admitting to the roof having been changed due to accident damage, and that he only found it out after making enquiries as a result of my post above. I cannot find that post now .... perhaps he deleted it afterwards.

That said, I'm inclined to believe that the vehicle is otherwise in fair condition, since Allan apparently checked it over at the time he bought it.

For further info on the the LTD series, there are quite a number of threads ..... just do a search (it might keep you busy for a while, so do it when you know you will have some time! :lol: ) Here's one to start with ..... viewtopic.php?f=14&t=16951" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

;-)
hi Andy,
Thanks for the info. I saw the link before I contacted the owner so had the vehicle chked out by two people. the feedback that it was mechanically sound. I also managed to get the vehicle for quite a bit less than he asked for so think it was a good deal. Hoppy seemed to support this assumption. Also ( and I suppose important) is that the owner just drove to tanzania and back without one single problem. With any old car there are bound to be gremlins...but one day at a time we will sort them out...thanks for the heads up. rgds, Matt
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Post by Mud Dog »

african dust wrote:
Mud Dog wrote:Hi Matthieu,

N.B.

;-)
hi Andy,
Thanks for the info. I saw the link before I contacted the owner so had the vehicle chked out by two people. the feedback that it was mechanically sound. I also managed to get the vehicle for quite a bit less than he asked for so think it was a good deal. Hoppy seemed to support this assumption. Also ( and I suppose important) is that the owner just drove to tanzania and back without one single problem. With any old car there are bound to be gremlins...but one day at a time we will sort them out...thanks for the heads up. rgds, Matt
:thumbup: :thumbup: ;-)
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
Die$eL
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Midrand
Vehicle: 06' Hilux 3.0 D4D 4X4

Post by Die$eL »

Congrats! Good looking bakkie u have there!
Real drivers use three pedals

Return to “Members' Vehicles”