urgent help needed

Tell us a bit more about your Hilux (or other 4x4) and show off with some pictures.
ebi
Town: gauteng
Vehicle: toyota hilux

urgent help needed

Post by ebi »

Hi to all hope all of you are in great health and have lotsa wealth ! Well well well ! I am so frustrated and fed up with my hilux being a toyota fan I'm disgusted @ its results ! Well here is my problem ! The car does not want to idle @ awl it drives well while accelerating but as I come to a traffic light or stop sign it just cuts of ! Like theres something in the fuel line. I sent it in but no one can detect the problem I 1st thought it was the high pressure disel pump but no its not ! Iv tried cleaning out the entire fuel system and still to no avail ! I am now @ my limits ! Can some1 plz tell me what can be the problem ! Btw its an 05 3L d4d dbl cab and the kilows are now @ 220,000 all long distance kilows as I'm on the road daily ! Thankyou for taking out time to read my post and thanks for your heartfull help ,
Thabogrobler
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: '02 'Lux KZ
Club VHF Licence: x223

Re: urgent help needed

Post by Thabogrobler »

Let run trough the possibilities:

Was the fuel pump pressure tested?

New diesel filter?

Clean MAF sensor?

Injectors ok?

Any fault codes?

A perished fuel line, sucking in air?
'02 KZ 'Lux. Cooled. Chipped. Onca'd. Cherished!

If you are a diesel fan, raise your hand.
If you aren't raising your hand, raise your standards!

A 4x4 is merely a machine that enables you to get stuck further away from civilization.
Donkey
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Johannesburg
Vehicle: 2002 3.0KZ-TE 4x4, Eazyawn RTT, Snorkel, NudgeM Bumper, 38mm Ball Joint Spacers, 35" Maxxis Bighorns, Dastek Unichip, 60 ltr Snomaster fridge/freezer, 40mm body lift, Mikem front/rear with extended shackles, Bilsteins shox rear
Club VHF Licence: X122

Post by Donkey »

Chip? :think:
Tumelo Maketekete
Donkey, simple and often misunderstood.
We don't stop playing because we grow old, but we grow old because we stop playing!

2002 - 3.0KZ-TE Toyota Hilux (Letebele)
1994 - 1.6i Gl Toyota Corolla (Platkar)
1990 - Gli TwinCam 16v (ZuluBoy)

ImageImage
ebi

Post by ebi »

Thanks for the prompt reply ! I had all tested ! Even @ toyota ! They did a dignostic test and still appears as there's no problem @ awl ! I then took it to disel pro they too can't find the fault ! I then took it to 2 other macs and still to no avail ! They all just say to me we can't find the problem ! This sounds like a cancer to me ! Well iv sent it to a diffrint mac today I'm w8ting to see his responce ! As its now over a month I'm trying to get it sorted but I'm failing hoplessley ! And as far as toyota is concern they don't want to assist in any way !
Donkey
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Vehicle: 2002 3.0KZ-TE 4x4, Eazyawn RTT, Snorkel, NudgeM Bumper, 38mm Ball Joint Spacers, 35" Maxxis Bighorns, Dastek Unichip, 60 ltr Snomaster fridge/freezer, 40mm body lift, Mikem front/rear with extended shackles, Bilsteins shox rear

Post by Donkey »

Learnt one thing early after owning a diesel, Toyota mechies are useless. I see you're in Gauteng, not sure from where, if all else fails, try these guys:

011 493-6226/7, they're in Selby Jo'burg.
Tumelo Maketekete
We don't stop playing because we grow old, but we grow old because we stop playing!

ImageImage
MCHILUX
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Centurion Gauteng
Vehicle: Mazda Rustler 16v

Post by MCHILUX »

THANKS Donkey I was going to ask ebi where he lives to assist him but according to you we are useless
Oupa Stig
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Johannesbug
Vehicle: Hilux KZTE 4X2 "Stagger Lee", Hilux IFS 2.7 4x4 "Loretta"

Post by Oupa Stig »

Jan, a lot of guys have had less than satisfactory experience from Toyota. The mere fact that you are willing to help says a lot, and is appreciated. Donkey's a decent guy who, just like the rest of us, calls a spade a spade, not a "sp@de", when it comes to our Luxes. So, (and this is said with the best of intentions), do not get yer knickers in a knot, rather prove him wrong. Having a guy on the forum with a bit of "insider knowledge" is great, and can be of great value to all, but you are going to have to grow a thicker skin, 'coz no "sp@de" will survive here! Now show us yer stuff! ;)
I feel a lot less wise at 45 than I did at 15.
MCHILUX
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker

Post by MCHILUX »

Mickey I'm more than willing to help you guys where ever I can but please dont knock us . One has to work in a dealership to understand the enviroment . Not all the dealers are there to help the customers it's just money,money, money. Where I work we always trying to help and sometimes even not charging the customers
louis fourie
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: 2003 Hilux Raider Facelift D/C 3.0 KZTE
Club VHF Licence: X101

Post by louis fourie »

Jan, dis waar - dik vel....baie dik vel. Wat Tumelo sê is 'n veralgemening, maar laat ek dit so verduidelik. Ek ry 30km na McCarthy Toyota in Centurion om parte te koop terwyl Menlyn net om die hoek van my af is. Ten minste voel dit nie asof hulle my 'n guns doen wanneer ek hulle parte koop nie. En ek het ook al my geskiedenis met Toyota.

Gehalte van diens, glo ek, hang af van dealer tot dealer....of is dit nou stealer :D

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Oupa Stig
Town: Johannesbug
Vehicle: Hilux KZTE 4X2 "Stagger Lee", Hilux IFS 2.7 4x4 "Loretta"

Post by Oupa Stig »

Great to hear, Jan. And you yourself said "money, money, money", so you understand where some of us get our negative feelings about dealers. And really, this forum does not attract crummy people - they sorta just fade away, so the vast majority of guys here are decent folk who you can introduce to your family without having to worry about someone pinching the silverware. So the lesson to you is to learn how NOT to deal with customers by seeing here what ticks customers off. And as I say, if you're a Toyota enthusiast and a generally decent (ish) guy, you'll not only have fun here, but get to learn quite a lot, not only about Luxes, but also the type of people who drive them. And you do not HAVE to help anyone to PROVE anything, but if you do help someone sommer because you're a good guy you'll prove yourself very quickly to be different from our average "beloved" dealers. Now enjoy yourself!
I feel a lot less wise at 45 than I did at 15.
rood
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Polokwane
Vehicle: 4LT V6 Prado 120, 3L Extra cab D4d 4x4, Suzuki SJ413

Post by rood »

I had the same problem, it was on my crank sensor plug, i didn't clip in good, Toyot here in Polokwane picked it up after my vehicle was at a few machanics her, also flushing the whole fuel system, new filters and everthing...

Attached is in the circle i marked is where the sensor plug is.

Really hope it the same problem because i know the feeling.
Attachments
1802.jpg
(53.39 KiB) Downloaded 991 times
ebi

Post by ebi »

Thanks to all once again ! I'm based on the west rand ! And yes indeed thanks to the brother who was so kind in posting contact numbers where I may get help from and to the brother that posted the image of the plug ! I am going to get the possiblties checked asap ! It really means a lot to me ! Also thanks to the person from toyota for your offer ! But sadly I just like kindof lost hope and trust in toyota ! Esp their service centers ! And what I have come to know is that toyota takes on many aprantis in their service centers ! So that could be a possible cause of a bad service from their side ! I wish u all a great weekend and hope to get some good news by monday to share with all of you ! Take care !
ChrisF
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler
Town: inniedorp
Vehicle: Toy

Post by ChrisF »

chip or aftermarket cruise control CAN give those symptoms, with NO ERROR CODES. Thus the mechanis is absolutely powerless to find the fault ....

I was IN my Hilux WITH the Toyota mechanic, and diagnostic computer connnected - you should have seen his face when suddenly there was NO power, and NO error code ..... Give him his due though, worked through the possibilities, then disconnected the after market cruise control and the problem was GONE. :)

but at 220 000km my guess is somewhere along the line of the fuel pump, injectors, etc ....
ebi

Post by ebi »

Thanks chris ! Yea I don't have a chip or speed control unit its stock standerd but yes it is deffnitly in the fuel line somewhere ! I hope and pray to find the problem and have it fixed so I can be mobile again ! I'm like so spoilt with my wheels that I feel pretty useless with out it altho I have 2 other sets of wheels I can't do with the van it just makes life so much easier esp with the work I do !
ebi

Post by ebi »

Hi to all ! Mmmm guys I'm back well honestly I give up till now no results ! All the possibilities of the problem was checked and all have shown to be clean and not the problem ! I was @ the dealer ship and all they could tell me is sorry sir we can't seem to find out the problem we are still working on it we checked all the parts on the list you told us and all seems to be fine ! We are just wating for tracker to come and check out their system as the problem might be on their side ! If that's not the problem then we cannot do much on our side ! But the least we can do is contact head office and hear from them !
Donkey
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Donkey »

Very frustrating
Tumelo Maketekete

ImageImage
Masekind
Town: Lichtenburg
Vehicle: 2005 Hilux 4x4 v6, LR tank, ARB Bumper. (iJzer)

Post by Masekind »

Donkey wrote:Learnt one thing early after owning a diesel, Toyota mechies are useless. I see you're in Gauteng, not sure from where, if all else fails, try these guys:

011 493-6226/7, they're in Selby Jo'burg.
Ek stem Donkey hier weet hulle al hulle kyk nie eers na my bakkie nie.
Ebi hoop jy kry die vout ek is useless met diesel engines :lol:
If you don’t build your dreams someone else will hire you to build there’s
ebi

Post by ebi »

Thanks guys ! I just got a call from toyota now claiming that the high pressure disel pump is the problem they sent it in for repairs but it is not working right as it cuts out on high raves ! They say I need to replace the pump which will cost 12 thousand rands !is this possible or are they just taking a chance ! Advise me please !
Jaco Fourie
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Centurion
Vehicle: Hilux D/C

Post by Jaco Fourie »

Ibrahim,
Just find out what the comparative cost would be for a new fuel tank. I believe you get the same pump as part of this and for a lot cheaper.
Donkey
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Donkey »

Toyota is going to milk you unfortunately. :acute:
Tumelo Maketekete

ImageImage
ebi

Post by ebi »

Yea thanks for the tip I will do so ! Ahh I'm sure they out to kill us I take it almost all dealers are sweet with the toung but bitter in the heart.!
MCHILUX
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker

Post by MCHILUX »

Phone Wildaf diesel in Moot street Pretoria-West and talk to Brian last time he sold me a recon unit for R5000
pietpetoors
Town: Langebaan
Vehicle: 2.7 Hilux 4x4 DC
Club VHF Licence: X27

Post by pietpetoors »

Ibrahim, I see you are also in Gauteng, if they do not manage to fix it now maybe it would be worth visiting Jan (MCHILUX), seems like he is willing to help.
Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow!
1999 Hilux 2.7i 4x4 Raider DC with 3.4 Prado V6. Rear diff-lock, Bull Bar and rock sliders, 31" Cooper ST Maxx, Snorkel, Alu-Canopy, VHF Motorolla radio, West Coast Rust, Mikem Suspension, Ball Joint Spacers in front and Mikem extended shackles at the rear, 25watt LED Spots

Return to “Members' Vehicles”