george's Toy

Tell us a bit more about your Hilux (or other 4x4) and show off with some pictures.
george
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Velddrif
Vehicle: Triton 3.5l V6
Club VHF Licence: HC107

george's Toy

Post by george »

Hi Guys
Here is my Toy.It's got 302 000km on the clock.

Image[/img]
"The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.-Saint Augustine"
pietpetoors
Town: Langebaan
Vehicle: 2.7 Hilux 4x4 DC
Club VHF Licence: X27

Hilux

Post by pietpetoors »

Is it a Diesel or Petrol?
Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow!
1999 Hilux 2.7i 4x4 Raider DC with 3.4 Prado V6. Rear diff-lock, Bull Bar and rock sliders, 31" Cooper ST Maxx, Snorkel, Alu-Canopy, VHF Motorolla radio, West Coast Rust, Mikem Suspension, Ball Joint Spacers in front and Mikem extended shackles at the rear, 25watt LED Spots
george
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by george »

Hi Piet

2.2l petrol aka 4y :D
"The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.-Saint Augustine"
SYRON CONVERSIONS
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Tamboekieland
Vehicle: SFA HILUX

Hello George

Post by SYRON CONVERSIONS »

Interesting looking vehicle, very nice and clean and looks like you look after it a lot 8)

What tyres have you got fitted and what tyre presure do you run them when you are off-roading, if you continue to service and look after the engine it will give you many many more km, the 4 Y engine is excellent, I also have one in my Hilux and since I bought the truck, it has not given me any problems, it performs very well, country driving I get about 7km per liter and in town driving round about 5.5 km per liter, but you must consider that I do have the large 33" tyres fitted.

Welcome To The Hilux 4x4 web site. :)
1992 Slightly Modified Hilux, 2008 VW Caddy panelvan work, 2010 Isuzu 2.5 td bakkie for work, a pair of big 'balloons' as well hanging at the rear of my Hilux

simoan
george
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by george »

Hi Simon
I was running 265 on 15" mags.I now run 245's.I am trying to see how much diffrence there is between the different tyres.I have not found much diffrence.Have not been offroad since.My bakkie gets about 6.5 k/l in town and about 7.5 k/l open road.I still feels it is abit heavy.The hilux's in our group gets a lot more.
My tyres are normaly 2.2(like the motor :mrgreen: ) When I drive on rocks about 1.5 and in sand 1 and less.
SYRON CONVERSIONS
Town: Tamboekieland
Vehicle: SFA HILUX

Side rock sliders

Post by SYRON CONVERSIONS »

George make yourself some side rock sliders, use thick walled pipe, they will save your sills, or get them manufactured by somebody.

If the other guys in your group are getting more than 7.5km per liter, do they have the same engines, same tyres or do they have upgrades on the engine, I recon that 7.5 is good for a vehicle of this size.

Your tyre pressure are good, post some pic's of your friends vehicle's as well, we would like to see them here as well.

Thank's
1992 Slightly Modified Hilux, 2008 VW Caddy panelvan work, 2010 Isuzu 2.5 td bakkie for work, a pair of big 'balloons' as well hanging at the rear of my Hilux

simoan
george
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by george »

I see you spotted my damaged door sills.I am having it repaired soon and will try and get some rocksliders made up.I will make the design and get a friend to weld them.My welding looks like voeltjie *a*(bird droppings) :wink:

Stock standard

Return to “Members' Vehicles”