ratel's raider se 1995 2.4 petrol Hilux

Tell us a bit more about your Hilux (or other 4x4) and show off with some pictures.
ratel's raider
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Johannesburg
Vehicle: 1995 Toyota hilux SFA, 2007 2x4 hilux 3l d4d

ratel's raider se 1995 2.4 petrol Hilux

Post by ratel's raider »

No real mods, but one fine day. Has got a kick A#^ sound system, and a home made double battery system. Next on the books is definately a full Ironman suspention. The original suspenstion is totally shot. This vehicle has worked very very hard, and still goes like a bomb

I was running marie biscuit tyres in the bush, found they gave less hassles with punctures. Now have a set of AT's for round town driving. the marie biscuits were only v rated to 100km/h. a bit dangerous in the wet on the highway. This pic is of the good road into the area were I was working in Botswana. Great fun
Natural stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time
SYRON CONVERSIONS
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Tamboekieland
Vehicle: SFA HILUX

Nice cool looking Truck

Post by SYRON CONVERSIONS »

And if you ever need a carb for your 22R engine give me a call
082 499 1924

It comes complete with the inlet black top pipe.

If I am correct your Truck has the loose plate that can be unbolted on the rear diff, if so it is easier to fit a locker in the rear which you could do after the suspension lift, you could also consider a pair of rear revolver shackles, but you would have to fit longer rear shocks, thus before you do the Ironman Lift consider your future options as well. :D
1992 Slightly Modified Hilux, 2008 VW Caddy panelvan work, 2010 Isuzu 2.5 td bakkie for work, a pair of big 'balloons' as well hanging at the rear of my Hilux

simoan
ratel's raider
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD

Post by ratel's raider »

I saw your posts on the revolver shackles and am considering them only problem at the moment is getting enough money together for all I need to do. Varsity study bursaries don't extend to upgrades. Anyway almost have enough for the suspension and if I have to get a bit extra will be worth it. You say the springs will have to be longer on the revolver shackles, what springs are needed and who can supply them? Yes the back diff cover does bolt off, nice to know that its easier and it will definately have a diff lock in one day.
SYRON CONVERSIONS

fitting revolver shackles

Shocks, not springs,
1992 Slightly Modified Hilux, 2008 VW Caddy panelvan work, 2010 Isuzu 2.5 td bakkie for work, a pair of big 'balloons' as well hanging at the rear of my Hilux

simoan
ratel's raider
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD

Post by ratel's raider »

Aah yes my mistake thanks,
ratel's raider
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD

Post by ratel's raider »

Read on the 4x4 forum that revolver shackles destroy springs, whats the story there? definately can't afford new springs every year, and whats the effect on load carrying with revolver shackles?
SYRON CONVERSIONS

Revolver Shackles

Whoever stated that these revolver shackles damage spring blades do not know what they are talking about, the type that I am refering to, have a double twist action and they are lockable, I use mine in the unlocked position and also locked, they give your vehicle a slight lift as well, are greasable and even protect the spring packs.

We are also busy getting some other special knuckles to fit in the eye of the spring main leaf blade, got some pic's of this knuckle and will show you.

These revolver shackles work for us, they will work for you.

simoan

Return to “Members' Vehicles”