Sad news, and new toy:)

Tell us a bit more about your Hilux (or other 4x4) and show off with some pictures.
Boltz
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Johannesburg
Vehicle: '94 Hilux D/C

Sad news, and new toy:)

Post by Boltz »

Well been missing in action for a while but finally back, sad news is we lost another Hilux, wrote it off in a attempted hi-jack, if anyone noticed the william-nicol turnoff sign went missin about 3 months ago, the lux needles to say did not really enjoy that experience, but on the brighter side of the equation the new one will be in action by the end of april:) lol

At the heart of my toy will be a 5.7 Ford V8,(the 2.4 diesel just lacked to oooomf) I love the sound....makes me feel all warm and fuzzy:) and then some 35" Goodyears to make it look just right, and some sort of supension lift....cant wait:) Sitting in Afghan now so will have to wait for the toy, when I get updates from the shop, u'll get updates, cant wiat woo hoo:) lol

Colour scheme will be desert brown, and black (accesories, rims etc), white at the moment looks a bit sad honestly...
Boltz
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD

Re: Sad news, and new toy:)

Post by Boltz »

My old toy after its little incident, the damage doesnt look that bad, but the front left shifted about 4cm back and the freewheel locked very rapidly in the impact which in turn caused some damage inside diff, not sure why though wasnt in 4x4!? the gearbox was also a bit screwed(silver oil not good) and the roof took damage, the car was said to be beyond economical repair, also had major electrical failure....snif sniff:( but considering it still moved and got me out of the situation made me decide never to buy another car, these old ones are tough as nails:)
Attachments
Front end
Front end
pietpetoors
Town: Langebaan
Vehicle: 2.7 Hilux 4x4 DC
Club VHF Licence: X27

Post by pietpetoors »

Hi Boltz, we are happy that you were not hurt. We are looking forward to see your new baby.
I see you registered many moons ago, can you please update your profile, seems like most of the fields are missing.
Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow!
1999 Hilux 2.7i 4x4 Raider DC with 3.4 Prado V6. Rear diff-lock, Bull Bar and rock sliders, 31" Cooper ST Maxx, Snorkel, Alu-Canopy, VHF Motorolla radio, West Coast Rust, Mikem Suspension, Ball Joint Spacers in front and Mikem extended shackles at the rear, 25watt LED Spots
Scorpion
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Emmarentia
Vehicle: 1988 Hilux 4x4 D/C with more attitude than Mike Tyson

Post by Scorpion »

Sorry to hear about your loss! :cry: But also happy to hear that you got away unscathed and tghat your lux was the hero in the scenario, even if it was at the cost of his own life...

Anyway, keep us updated with the project - I just LOOOVE projects... :twisted:
1988 Hilex D/C 4x4 (Import spec), Lexus V8; Marlin Crawler; Custom Suspension: front and new 4 link in the rear; Disc Brake conversion rear; 35" Cooper STT tyres; Xenon lights; Custom bullbar;Next? Aircon; new front seats, redo the whole interior in nice soft leather, Respray, Double Lockers
1978 Land Cruiser HJ45
1971 Mercedes Benz 280S Automatic
2011 Land Cruiser 79 V6 (60th Anniversary Edition)
dalkill
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Cape TOwn
Vehicle: 2.4 GD6 SR D/C 4x4

Post by dalkill »

she still looks perfect to me.... in the immortal words of Jeremy clarkson, when he drove a lux into a tree, ... "i'm sure that will buff out" :D:
pls post some pics of the project.

May I ask why you went for Ford engine , instead of 7MGE conversion
2016 2.4GD6 SR D/C 4x4 (Oct 2022 - current) (Buraaq VI)
2007 d4d 3.0 D/C 4x4 (Mar 2016 - July 2022) (Buraaq V)
2003 Isuzu KB300 D/C 4x4 (May 2015 - Feb 2016) aka Buraaq IV
2000 hilux DC 2.7 4x4 (Jul 2011 - Sep 2012) aka Buraaq III
1999 RXI 20v (Nov 2009 - Jul 2011) aka Quicksilver
1990 hilux DC 2.2 4x4 (Jun 2008 - Jul 2011) aka Buraaq II
1997 corolla 160i GLE (Feb 2007 - Sep 2009) aka Green Goblin
1990 GLI twincam (still my fav rolla) (Oct 2005 - Mar 2007) aka Wit Blitz
Golf GTI 2.0 (temp insanity for 2months) (Jun 2005 - Aug 2005) aka A mistake
1993 hilux SC 2.2 4x4 (April 2003 - Sept 2005) aka Buraaq

TOYOTA IS MY LEWE
Mr_B
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: Honda Jazz

Post by Mr_B »

I think my heart is beginning to sway towards a 7MGE conversion... I looooove projects too!

B
Boltz
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD

Post by Boltz »

lol, could have rebuilt it, but it was faster to buy another and cheaper:) Went for the ford cause I already had the motor from another project, its was rebuilt and resprayed already so it jus gonna save me time and money (it was meant to go into a trike but that seemed a bit silly) Im also not the biggest fan of all the electronics, the motor will still run with the basics....Ive had my fun with ecu's going poof, and then you cant do squat:).....maybe for my next project ill go that route, I do want more than one lux 8 )

Will prob have some pics by the wknd, they will evidently be the "before" pics, the car is in a bit of a state compared to the quality of cars on this site, but soon ill be able to show it in public :D lol
Mr_B
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Mr_B »

Boltz, are you able to get the wreck/ buy it from insurance? There's many sort after bit and pieces the guys on the forum will probably buy from you, and you'll have every spare you could ever need?? The scrap yards jump when they see a hilux wreck and then charge an arm and a leg for the 2nd hand spares!

B
Last edited by Mr_B on Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Boltz
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD

Post by Boltz »

Unfortunately that option has come and gone, they siad I could buy it for 12K but i was not in the best mental state and just wanted to get rid of it, but in hindsight I was a bit of a spanner....it was the import version with all those expensive hard to come by bits :| Im pretty sure some scrap yard oke is was very happy to get it, it had a brand new interior and propshafts, carb, tires-rims, roof liner etc, engine was good.... :sick: :sick: im gonna sit in the corner and cry a bit...lol

oh btw, my new one says Highnoon on the side, ever heard of that spec!? all i know its an import one, if i look at the axles.... im pulling the 2.4D motor if anyone is interested?
Riceburner
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: JHB
Vehicle: D2 V8

Post by Riceburner »

If you can get it for 12k I will take it.
Boltz
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD

Post by Boltz »

doubt it's still available, but ill ask :thumbup:
redjhoo
Vehicle: 2007 Hilux S/C 2.7

Post by redjhoo »

Boltz
Kabul Afghanistan!
Respect......
Makes Iraq look like a kindergarden. :silent:

Hope you find a replacement Lux soon.
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Post by Mud Dog »

The 2.4D was a rather sluggish motor, but what a donkey! Just keeps going, and going (long after the Duracell bunny has collapsed). A very successful motor, you should have no problem disposing of it.
Glad you survived the hijack ordeal. :thumbup:
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
Boltz
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD

Post by Boltz »

Just a quick update, will load some pics this eve (they are the before pics, so beware its in a sorry state!) this will def be a rebuild from scratch and ur going to see every step.... the body will be removed this week somewhere and then all the fun begins, ill also let you know what work has been done upto this point, it aint much though :eh:

Regarding a previous post as to the availability of the old (crashed lux) its in many many peices in a variety of places so no hope of buying it from the insurance :(
dalkill
Town: Cape TOwn
Vehicle: 2.4 GD6 SR D/C 4x4

Post by dalkill »

Boltz wrote:Regarding a previous post as to the availability of the old (crashed lux) its in many many peices in a variety of places so no hope of buying it from the insurance :(
no lux should have to go out like that :cry:
2016 2.4GD6 SR D/C 4x4 (Oct 2022 - current) (Buraaq VI)
2007 d4d 3.0 D/C 4x4 (Mar 2016 - July 2022) (Buraaq V)
2003 Isuzu KB300 D/C 4x4 (May 2015 - Feb 2016) aka Buraaq IV
2000 hilux DC 2.7 4x4 (Jul 2011 - Sep 2012) aka Buraaq III
1999 RXI 20v (Nov 2009 - Jul 2011) aka Quicksilver
1990 hilux DC 2.2 4x4 (Jun 2008 - Jul 2011) aka Buraaq II
1997 corolla 160i GLE (Feb 2007 - Sep 2009) aka Green Goblin
1990 GLI twincam (still my fav rolla) (Oct 2005 - Mar 2007) aka Wit Blitz
Golf GTI 2.0 (temp insanity for 2months) (Jun 2005 - Aug 2005) aka A mistake
1993 hilux SC 2.2 4x4 (April 2003 - Sept 2005) aka Buraaq

TOYOTA IS MY LEWE
Boltz
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD

Post by Boltz »

justthe pics will give some details later :D
Attachments
Still a T registration!!
Still a T registration!!
Boltz
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD

Post by Boltz »

Some more pics
Attachments
Rear axle and l-d fuel tank space.jpg
Old 2.7DTrusty.jpg
My name is....jpg
Load bin in need....jpg
Lights not included....jpg
Front diff and worn suspension.jpg
BMW seats test fitted, now to fix the rust!!
BMW seats test fitted, now to fix the rust!!
Will be keeping this one after some mods:)
Will be keeping this one after some mods:)
Boltz
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD

Post by Boltz »

As you can see its in a very bad state, but that is about to change!
So what did i do before I left her alone in SA....here goes:
I replaced the whole braking system, drums, disks, pads, springs, seals pipes the works just to be sure I dont have future worries, however I will upgrade to the Cruiser 70 disks and callipers upfront....just incase :twisted:
I replaced all the wheel bearings front and rear together with all the seals and other diff goodies...
I replaced the shocks with gabriel Kubu's (are they OK?) New leaves will be installed soon, still deciding what to do :think:
The new seats were fitted, BMW 318 seats not electric....trying to limit possible future problems
Replaced headlights and taillights with new ones, old ones were a bit screwed....

The body will be removed this week or wknd and sent for repairs whilst the chassis is being redone aswell, want to eliminate all the rust before they install the new motor :twisted: the rear bumper is also being removed, its utterly useless and ugly as anything! the load bin is going to take alot of work, the origional owner thought it would be a bright idea to fiberglass the whole thing, the whole peeling thing ur seeing in the photo is the stuff coming off... :shock:

As far as the history on the car goes, it was pretty much a farm vehicle its entire life, so it suffered, it started life as a 2l petrol at some point in time but the origional owner replaced that with the diesel motor, thought it was a 2.4Dbut not so sure anymore :wth:

The plans for the motor changed slightly, was going to be the 5.7l V8 from the older mustang ie Carb, but the motor was way to heavy, so has now been upgraded to the 5.7 V8 Efi motor from some 1990's Ford, also been rebuilt and tinkered with a bit, 400bhp :twisted: :twisted: this will all be running throuh a 4speed auto box. And then the 35" Good Year wranglers to finish it all off, still looking for rims though, leanin towards the press metal looking ones in black not really a fan of mags :wth:

Oh question for the community, is it possible to fit another fuel tank,next to the other tank, im gonna be needing it :twisted:
Mud Dog
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.

Post by Mud Dog »

Yep, a lot of the guys have fitted extra tanks and should be able to tell you where you can get. Mine was bought with extra tank already fitted. Voorspoed! :thumbup:
And of course we will all be watching for progress pics on the resurection of that sorry looking vehicle. :D

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Boltz
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD

Update

Post by Boltz »

Its been a while, so here is an update on the progress so far...
Attachments
19052009194.jpg
19052009193.jpg
off to the hospital
off to the hospital
Repairing the rust and random holes....
Repairing the rust and random holes....
All off and ready for repairs
All off and ready for repairs
Dit kan seermaak, maar dis vir 'n goeie saak!.jpg
Siestog!.jpg
Let the games begin!!
Let the games begin!!
Boltz
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD

New goodies:)

Post by Boltz »

The american motors gave some issues so I moved back to the good old Toyota reliability....
Attachments
Drule......
Drule......
Yummy!!!
Yummy!!!
New Rubber:)
New Rubber:)
Boltz
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD

Post by Boltz »

I'm getting rid of all the old stuff....bumpers....engine....gearbox.....prob the driveshafts.....all new goodies are to be installed :P :P :P :P
Attachments
The drive train.jpg
Dieselpomp-ID.jpg
2.2 Toyota Diesel.jpg
CasKru
Town: Benoni
Vehicle: '94 Hilux Raider 2.4i (22RE) DC 4x4
Club VHF Licence: B15

Post by CasKru »

If you don't mind, please tell us a bit more in how they tried to hi-jack you etc so that other forum members can learn from your horrific experience and maybe avoid falling pray to these $%##&%.
To God be the glory
Boltz
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD

Post by Boltz »

well the deadline for end of April was way way way too ambitious....will prob only get the body back by next wknd....there was alot of repairing work to be done. The Engine will be fitted soon just too sort out clearance issues, suspenion has been done...will post a pic when I have one :D

Ive dropped the idea of a Auto box....I'm going to run a 5spd manual, I just feel they are more reliable and easier to repair when things go boom (read "I have no idea how to repair a Auto box...they scare me :wth: )

Getting a new rear axle....with disk brakes and diffloc.....think its the gearmax one.....I'd rather go new and not take a chance :twisted:

So thats where we are for the moment ill update the pics again after the wknd.....the current completion date looks to be end July mid August hopefully but we'll have to see :roll: :roll:
Boltz
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD

Post by Boltz »

No worries.....I was coming home about 2am in the morning...I used to organise bands and rock events when I was back in SA.....I noticed a car following me on the highway (box shape BMW white) the main reason I noticed them is because a Hilux isnt exactly fast so I was doing about 100kmh up the hill leading towards willnic offramp, and they were siting on my rear bumper

So I changed lanes too make sure I wasnt paranoid or something and guess what so did they.....I tapped the brakes(to get them off my numberplate) and they came up next to me and started shouting at me telling me to pull over (There was I think 4 Black guys in the car, not sure about guns..too dark) now I could have opted to hit them with the car but I figured if I didnt immobalise them I'd be in deep doodoo, by this point I was pretty much at the offramp so when I tried to get off there, they tried to block me so that I'd stay on the highway...I ended up on the grassy patch between the offramp and the highway and hit the living hell out of the sign....luckily the car still kept going (no electrics they went as soon as I hit think there was a short and a horrible noise from the front axle)...and unfortunately so did my persuers.....why they still wanted the car nobody knows, maybe they wanted me.....carried on towards RBG police station luckily narrow roads with speed bumps (very interesting at speed with a lux and not in a good way) they stopped chasing me about a Km from the police station...lucky me :thumbup:

Thats a much as I remember distances might be wrong but everyting feels like a computer game when your going through it, it feels like it goes on forever.....not an experience I wish upon anyone really!! The cops said its probably a Hi-Jack attempt, not a planned one but purely oppertunistic....

But luckily I'm ok, so on to the next HiLux....Next time round ill just hit the other car...I have done some Tactical driving courses here in Afghanistan so now I know better....use your vehicle as a weapon...even if you write it off, your insured:)
CasKru
Town: Benoni
Vehicle: '94 Hilux Raider 2.4i (22RE) DC 4x4
Club VHF Licence: B15

Post by CasKru »

That must have been scary :o: :o: :o:

I think if you could have used the bakkie to hit them you might actually had less damage on your bakkie and they might have gotten off with more than they bargained for.... just glad you were allright :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
To God be the glory
LouisZ
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux D/C 1996

Post by LouisZ »

These days maybe I think is to bump them and ride to the nearest Policestation to report a accident. Ask questions later.
2.8 d/cab SFA
Town: Boksburg
Vehicle: Yamaha R1

Post by 2.8 d/cab SFA »

:D tx keep the pics coming
John
Real Trucks Don't Have Sparkplugs!
ImageImage
jontheron
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: jhb
Vehicle: 95 hilux

Post by jontheron »

wow that makes my blood boil :evil: :evil: :evil: that’s why I want to build a full external cage sorry bout the car and I hope the buggers get what they deserve, but cant wait to see the new lux finished
Boltz
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD

Post by Boltz »

Final assembly has begun.......finally.......had major issues with the body work.........alot of moola later and the problems are sorted.....wooo hooo:) Here are some pics of the progress........G-Box will be painted just got it back from modification (new bell housing to fit the V8.......
Attachments
10072009206.jpg
06072009235.jpg
06072009234.jpg
06072009233.jpg
New clutch unti and clutch plate.jpg
Bell housing conversion.jpg
New coonector plate conversion.jpg
Boltz
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD

Post by Boltz »

Just an Update on what is still to be done..........final fitment of the engine and G-box was done this wknd.....chassis has now been sent for spray so that final assembly can begin.......the load bin has also been sent for rubberising. I have my origional Gearbox and motor if anyone is interested......not 100% sure of the condition.....they are running but prob need a good service though.....

After the assembly is complete (about two weeks from now) the rewiring of the car will begin......I removed all the old wires, so the wiring is being done from scratch to make sure there are no issues.......motor will be running the std Toyota ECU.....for now that is.......will change for something else when I modify it next year. The new break lines are also being made and will be installed shortly......replacing the entire system. There is literally not 1 thing that has not been replaced on this vehicle.........so now i have my own brand new Hilux......lol :twisted: :twisted:
Dadz Toy BFI

Post by Dadz Toy BFI »

Great Cornelius, looking brilliant :clap: :clap: :thumbup:

Looking forward to the next installment :P
Boltz
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD

Post by Boltz »

Ok the body is complete, slightly changed the colour, the previous colour was a bit light.......so this is the FINAL colour......all accesories on the Vehicle will be black.
Attachments
Body Final5.jpg
Body Final4.jpg
Body Final3.jpg
Body Final2.jpg
Body Final1.jpg
Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

Coming along nicely! :thumbup:

African Child
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Grabouw
Vehicle: Hilux 4L 4x4

Post by African Child »

YOU DA MAN! :thumbup: My mond hang oop in afwagting vir die volgende post....

Die foutie destyds op die net gekry, maar dink daai perd van jou gaan beter lyk! 8 )
Attachments
hilux1.jpg
Alone I wander a thousand miles, and I ask my way from the clouds.
Boltz
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD

Post by Boltz »

Ha ha.....dankie man.......hoop ook die kar gaan goed lyk.....gaan so 'n bietjie kleiner wees as daai blou monster :shock:
Eks seker ek sal 'n paar golfies en "tuner" outjies bang maak..... :twisted: :twisted: en miskien 'n taxi of twee jag.....hahah......jokes!

Ek sal seker weer teen die naweek 'n paar foto's opsit en 'n update op die vordering van die speelding kan gee!
the BuTch3R
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Vehicle: '89 Hilux SFA - SOLD; '95 Hilux - STOLEN; '67 Series 2A Land Rover; 3.5 V6 Pajero; 120 Prado VX 4.0

Post by the BuTch3R »

Jislaaik, hoeveel langer moet ons nog wag :?:

update photies asb :thumbup:
jsrossouw
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Durbanville
Vehicle: 2.7i Hilux

Post by jsrossouw »

janee, ek sit oop op die punt van my stoel om nog pics van die monster te sien. :D :D :D :D
Boltz
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD

Post by Boltz »

Yes I have been quiet of late......sorry to keep you guys waiting.....no update pics at the moment......sorry!! :shock: :shock:

So what has been happening in the life of my monster......there have been some issues with getting the chassis painted and ready for final assembly....but this is fianlly back on track and should now be done by the end of this week or early next week. The door panels are currently being made, a bit trickier than expected as they are moulding aluminium treadplate to the shape of the door.....that will also be powder coated, should be complete by the end of next week. Had the spacers for the wheels made (used mild steel) final cost was about R900 for all 4 I think.....new brake lines are comlete and waiting to be installed.....

Mostly we have just been busy hunting small parts for the final assembly.....like new speedo cluster....window winder mechanisms......quarter windows........rubbers.....Bought a new steering box (from one of the newer Hiluxes - was told the hydraulic pump on the lexus motor pops the seals on the standard box? true or false?)

Sent the rear bumper and rollbar in for powdercoating.....still need some mods on the front bumper then that will be sent aswell.....sent the seats to be recovered.......black with dark cream stitching to match the car.......load bin got rubberised......got my 10cm spacer kit for the body lift....still need to go get new shocks

Again sorry for no pics at the moment.....will post some next week somewhere when we get the parts back and actually start assembling the beast :twisted: :twisted:
Bloues
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Roodepoort
Vehicle: Hilux 2.2 D/C

Post by Bloues »

I salute you Boltz......for bringing back together the Hilux family 0 you go !!!

:clap: :clap: :clap: It looks great so far !!!
Bloues
(Nie blou bul maar SHARKS ondersteuner)
Don't fence me in.....
'91 D/Cab 2.2(4y) AKA - Bloues. Lifted Suspension, Dual Battery, 80Liter Freezer, Bridgestone Dueler A/T, 29Mhz Radio, Mud Creeper Winch(Aus), EasyAwn Rooftop Tent, Roofrack, Garmin Nuvi, Long Range Fuel Tank, Jacks+straps for landi recovery.....
Toybox
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Vehicle: Hilex
Club VHF Licence: X100

Post by Toybox »

Boltz wrote:Bought a new steering box (from one of the newer Hiluxes - was told the hydraulic pump on the lexus motor pops the seals on the standard box? true or false?) :
I've experienced no such problems...

Are you planning to go to cross-over steering? As far as i know the SFA box's are the only ones which work by a 'push-pull' machanism. The newer box's work 'side to side'.
Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

Toybox wrote:
Boltz wrote:Bought a new steering box (from one of the newer Hiluxes - was told the hydraulic pump on the lexus motor pops the seals on the standard box? true or false?) :
I've experienced no such problems...

Are you planning to go to cross-over steering? As far as i know the SFA box's are the only ones which work by a 'push-pull' machanism. The newer box's work 'side to side'.
Afaik this is true and cross-over steering is prefferred by in many instances .... raises the track-arm / steering arms up out of harms way, and with the body lift there should be no problem fitting it.

Good luck! Also looking forward to seeing it all completed. :thumbup:

the BuTch3R
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Vehicle: '89 Hilux SFA - SOLD; '95 Hilux - STOLEN; '67 Series 2A Land Rover; 3.5 V6 Pajero; 120 Prado VX 4.0

Post by the BuTch3R »

Boltz wrote:Yes I have been quiet of late......sorry to keep you guys waiting.....no update pics at the moment......sorry!! :shock: :shock:

.....will post some next week somewhere when we get the parts back and actually start assembling the beast :twisted: :twisted:

....but you promised :|
Boltz
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD

Post by Boltz »

well I did promise and here are some pics......all hell broke loose in SA and the guy who was building my baby was messing around at another level, so I pretty much lost 4 months of construction time, but now everything is back on track thanks to the guys from Extreme Conversions. They did make one booboo, but they are fixing it without any complaints, why can't everyone give this kind of service? so here are some pics of the monster in it's current condition, lots of work ahead!! :)

SO next in line is back to the body shop to fit the rest of the panels and doors, then it's time for wiring and some accesories, ill post a pic of the new seats later this week :)

Ill try not to be so quiet in the future :oops: lol
Attachments
Awesome___.jpg
Dis nou 'n bakkie!.jpg
Waaroor dit eibntlik gaan!.jpg
Boltz
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD

Post by Boltz »

Some more pics :)
Attachments
Seksie gat!.jpg
Jou bielie!.jpg
blom
Town: Landrovia
Vehicle: xj jeep & SERIES 3 & Isuzu KB 300 Dtec DC

Post by blom »

is die ou ratkas nog beskikbaar?
Grensvegter van LANDROVIA
Boltz
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD

Post by Boltz »

My new seats.......BMW 318 seats nicely recovered with stitching to match the car :)
Attachments
04102009324.jpg
04102009325.jpg
2.8 d/cab SFA
Town: Boksburg
Vehicle: Yamaha R1

Post by 2.8 d/cab SFA »

very pretty :mrgreen: so jealous
John
Real Trucks Don't Have Sparkplugs!
ImageImage
Numbnut
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Vredenburg
Vehicle: '03 Colt 2.8TDI DC 4x4; Wilderness Offroad Camping Trailer

Post by Numbnut »

Love the seats!!! :clap: :clap:
Everything Works Better When It Is Properly Lubricated...!!!
Mr_B
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Mr_B »

Me too... really love the seats... I've got my eye on a set of Toy RunX seats... think they would look and feel great too!

B
Numbnut
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Vredenburg
Vehicle: '03 Colt 2.8TDI DC 4x4; Wilderness Offroad Camping Trailer

Post by Numbnut »

I wonder which will look and fit better in the SFA, the BMW or RunX seats?? :think:

When you have fitted the BMW seats, please place pics Boltz, you also Rusty after you have installed the RunX seats, just so that we can compare?!?
Also rate the diffulty of installation out of 10!? :thumbup:
Everything Works Better When It Is Properly Lubricated...!!!
Boltz
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD

Post by Boltz »

This is the before pic, fitted the seats before all the work started to see how it would work. Had these seats fitted in my double cab (sniff sniff) before, they do work a bit better in a double cab. In the single cab they do work well but it is a snug fit, you end up with about 10-15cm space between the seats an you are restricted with backwards movements of the seat, I'm tall so I need my leg room (6ft1, but I fit well)

The install is incredibly easy, took me 45 min to fit both seats, it's 4 bolts per seat. I used high tensile steel bolts for the fitting. My next challenge is to fit the BMW seatbelts to work with the seats (built in seatbelt clip)

I had the bench seat before so the improvement is tremendous to say the least, worthwhile upgrade if you can find the seats. The bench seat is only good for one thing :twisted: hehehe....jokes :angel:

Covered my dash in the same black leather as the seats with the same stitching :)
Attachments
Cabin before.jpg
Cookie Monster
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Port Elizabeth
Vehicle: 2006 Hilux DC V6 Auto 4x4 Oldman Emu suspension

Post by Cookie Monster »

Looking Great :!: :!: :!: Keen to see the end result :clap:
2006 Hilux DC 4x4 4.0 V6 Old Man Emu suspension, Long Range Fuel Tank and a LA Sport Sump Guard, Natko railings with spade and high lift brackets, LA Sport high lift jack mounts, Powder coated Hilux Nudge Bar, Hella LED light bar, LED Work Light
Boltz
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD

Post by Boltz »

An update on the beast :) more details to follow shortly :)
Attachments
07042010405.jpg
Engine Cover.jpg
IMG_0317.jpg
IMG_0316.jpg
IMG_0320.jpg
IMG_0319.jpg
IMG_0318.jpg
Boltz
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD

Post by Boltz »

Next on the hitlist is the wiring and the brakes..........damn this is taking long.....
Attachments
07042010410.jpg
07042010409.jpg
07042010408.jpg
07042010406.jpg
Bosfebok
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Roodekrans
Vehicle: 1995 Hilux Raider 2.2
Club VHF Licence: X248

Post by Bosfebok »

Baie baie netjies man :thumbup: Sommer erg jaloers...
Otto X248
1995 Hilux Raider 2.2 EFI Turbo DC
Alucab Canopy with Kitchen and Recovery sections
National Luna Split Charge system and Dual Battery
80W solar panel and MPPT controller
20.5" LED BAR
5ton tow bar with recovery points
Nudge-M front bumper
80l Long Range Fuel Tank
90l Water Tank
Slide Drawer System
Safari Snorkel
Double Lockers - Toyota Electric selectable
Diff breathers
The worst anti hi-jack alarm system ever, SANJI!!

A bad day out is still better than a good day in!!
Hi-Hilux
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Tsumeb
Vehicle: 1991 Hilux2.2 ---1987 Hilux D/C Hella 1000, Rancho RS9000XL shocks, Good Year M/TR, Warn Winch, STK bullbar, Extended shacles, Kenwood VHF-SOLD

Post by Hi-Hilux »

Flippen nice, regtig mooi. Wat is die kleur van die verf of die kode? My wa gaan ook in vir respray(danksy vroulief) en soek daai kleur of die Land Cruiser se "khaki" kleur
Is gebed jou spaarwiel of jou stuurwiel?
'Life is a coin. You can spend it anyway you wish, but you can only spend it ONCE'
Wolweseun
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: PE
Vehicle: 2700i D/C

Post by Wolweseun »

Subscribe
Awesome
Would you be willing to disclose cost as well whe it is finished
05 Hilux 2700i D/C Legend 35 4x4
Boltz
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD

Post by Boltz »

Dankie vir die comments.......

Ek is nie seker van die verf se kode nie, maar ek sal uitvind wat dit is en laat weet :) Dink hulle noem dit Desert Brown...
Geen probleem om te laat weet hoeveel die projek kos nie, besig om alles in spreadsheet te doen......moet een ding se.....seker wat almal se......dit is baie baie baie duurder as wat mens ooit sal dink......

Hopelik is dit die moeite werd :thumbup:
the BuTch3R
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers

Post by the BuTch3R »

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Return to “Members' Vehicles”