Introduce yourself and Meet the rest of the crowd
GUILLAUMEM
Town: De Aar
Vehicle: 2001 Raised body raider IFS 2.7
Club VHF Licence: N/A

NEW MEMBER LOOKING FOR HELP

Post by GUILLAUMEM »

GOOD DAY FELLOW HILUX FANS.

My name is Guillaume Mostert, I live and work in De Aar, northern cape. I bought a 1993 SFA double cab Hilux 3 weeks ago after i "WROTE OFF" my 2001 2.7 dOUBLE CAB.. I miss my 2.7 especially the power in relation to the 2.4 diesel I now have! :deadhorse: :deadhorse:

Anyway, I am hellbent on restoring this SFA to its former Glory- The Body is good with no "cancer", i spent R5000 on parts and labour to sort out the oil leaks and other gremlins due to neglect...

I did not check the seats and interior and found to my surprise that the front seats are not original and are in bad shape..The rails are broken, upholstery is kaput etc..

I would like to fit a single front bench, can anyone assist please? : :sos: :sos:
I will soon place some pictures of my "donkey"...

Thanks in advance Members.
pietpetoors
Town: Langebaan
Vehicle: 2.7 Hilux 4x4 DC
Club VHF Licence: X27

Re: NEW MEMBER LOOKING FOR HELP

Post by pietpetoors »

Welcome to the forum. Many members removed the bench and replaced it with single seats, so maybe you are lucky that somebody kept his old bench.
Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow!
1999 Hilux 2.7i 4x4 Raider DC with 3.4 Prado V6. Rear diff-lock, Bull Bar and rock sliders, 31" Cooper ST Maxx, Snorkel, Alu-Canopy, VHF Motorolla radio, West Coast Rust, Mikem Suspension, Ball Joint Spacers in front and Mikem extended shackles at the rear, 25watt LED Spots
GUILLAUMEM

Post by GUILLAUMEM »

Thanks Piet petoors, I really hope that someone can help me with this one..Seeing that it is a donkey I can "sommer" sleep on the front seat when doing overland trips....90km/h gets you there but not fast..
FIRSTGEER
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: King WilliamsTown
Vehicle: 2,5 D4D Singlr Cab 4X4 Full OME suspension. snorkel.GMA aftermarket bullbar.
Club VHF Licence: HC 109

Post by FIRSTGEER »

Howzit and welcome to the forum.
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Post by Mud Dog »

Welcome aboard! :thumbup:

If you can get an old bench seat, it will fit, otherwise you'd have to have the old one's repaired or find a set of front seats that'll fit without too much modification. I know a lot of the SFA guys have gone for that option - less hassle and expense. Not sure what vehicle model seats were used but there are a few threads on this forum about it - just do a search. :winkx:
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
GUILLAUMEM

Post by GUILLAUMEM »

Thanks fellowship of the SFA..
I have read most of the topics on seat replacements, I am a purist and do not want to drill holes through the floor to fit a BMW or HONDA seat.
If anyone has a seat that is still structurally good, I will buy it and have it redone.
My Yearly leave has finally arrived and I would like to complete this "project" while on leave.

Thanks in Advance
Guillaume
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Post by Mud Dog »

Then I would have the original ones repaired / welded where necessary and recovered. :winkx:
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
dd6
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Klerksdorp
Vehicle: 1995 SFA

Post by dd6 »

I had Fortuner seats in my 1988 Hilux. Loved them! Added bonus, you can fit a centre console.

Return to “Meet the People”