newbie on the east rand

Introduce yourself and Meet the rest of the crowd
Downanddirty
Town: Benoni
Vehicle: toyota

newbie on the east rand

Post by Downanddirty »

Hi there from Downanddirty, I have never been much of a forum actavist, however, thanks to member Thysdj I believe I'll make a go of it with this fab site.
My first vehicle is a Cruiser 80, running a 4.5 24v turbo diesel through a manual box, my backup vehicle is a Hilux d/c 2.5 D4D 4x4 chipped up for a little extra power, otherwise stock.

I run a off-road guiding operation and also instruct and assess through African Off-road Academy http://www.africanoffroad.co.za" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; I instruct mainly on the East Rand so if anyone wants to do the unit standard courses, let me know.

Look forward to participating in your discussions.
Paul is an Approved Instructor of African Off-Road Academy based on the East Rand of Gauteng. African Off-Road Academy is an accredited Training Provider under TETA (TETA09-201) to train, assess and issue
official Off-Road Driver Certificates on the Unit Standards US 254135 and US 254154 for 4x4 & Off-Road Driving. paul@africanadventureclub.org
ThysdJ
Town: Brackenfell
Vehicle: 2010 Hilux D4D 3.0 D/C 4x4
Club VHF Licence: HC102

Re: newbie on the east rand

Post by ThysdJ »

Welkom Polla! :thumbup: :thumbup:
Thys de Jager
CEO and Refreshments Manager at Team Offroad.

2010 Hilux 3.0 D4D D/C 4x4 with GOMAD "Brood" Canopy. Tripod.
1997 Jeep Wrangler TJ 4.0 Sport. The original SFA. AGA... Gooi kole
email: thys@teamoffroad.co.za

Like Team Offroad on Facebook...
duppa
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Boksburg
Vehicle: '96 hilux dbl cab

Post by duppa »

WELKOM WELKOM BY DIE EASTRAND CLUB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ImageImageImageImage
OOOOMS
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler

Post by OOOOMS »

Welcome Paul, what a great Forum this is. I also never in my dreams would like this kinda internet thing.....but hooked for aver a year or so. That is 'hook, line and sinker.....' :thumbup:
Cruiser 80, running a 4.5 24v turbo diesel

Is this a limited?

Does your D4D have an intercooler?
2.8 d/cab SFA
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Boksburg
Vehicle: Yamaha R1

Post by 2.8 d/cab SFA »

Hello and welcome
John
Real Trucks Don't Have Sparkplugs!
ImageImage
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Post by Mud Dog »

Welcome aboard Paul ... nice to have another instructor! :thumbup: I'm sure that once you start interacting here, you too will become a forum addict! :D: :wink:
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
BOERE MEISIE
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Phalaborwa
Vehicle: toyota hilux d/c 4x4

Post by BOERE MEISIE »

Welcome, to the forum. You are going to love it here. Just don't get to addicted, that your wife has to call you to bed at 23:30 at night. Better yet get her involved to. It's fun. You learn a lot and meet wonderful people.

Kristy
Teach People how to treat You!
Bloues
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Roodepoort
Vehicle: Hilux 2.2 D/C

Post by Bloues »

Welcome !!!!
Bloues
(Nie blou bul maar SHARKS ondersteuner)
Don't fence me in.....
'91 D/Cab 2.2(4y) AKA - Bloues. Lifted Suspension, Dual Battery, 80Liter Freezer, Bridgestone Dueler A/T, 29Mhz Radio, Mud Creeper Winch(Aus), EasyAwn Rooftop Tent, Roofrack, Garmin Nuvi, Long Range Fuel Tank, Jacks+straps for landi recovery.....
Downanddirty
Town: Benoni
Vehicle: toyota

Post by Downanddirty »

Thanks for all the welcoms, had to do a quick trip hence the slow reply! I will see you all on the fourums.

OOOMS - the hilux is a 2.5 no intercooler, it was a little to underpowered from the start, driving the cruiser didn't help either. It makes a perfect vehicle to train with and use as a back-up touring.

The Cruiser is very LTD as in the fact nobody else can have it!
It is a transplant that N1 did, at the time the engine had 26k odd km's. The torque is awsome and need I say more about the 80 series.
Paul is an Approved Instructor of African Off-Road Academy based on the East Rand of Gauteng. African Off-Road Academy is an accredited Training Provider under TETA (TETA09-201) to train, assess and issue
official Off-Road Driver Certificates on the Unit Standards US 254135 and US 254154 for 4x4 & Off-Road Driving. paul@africanadventureclub.org

Return to “Meet the People”