Dirka
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Doornpoort Pretoria
Vehicle: Hilux 4.0 V6 4X4 Auto DC

Introduction Dirka

Post by Dirka »

Greetings forum members.
(Thanx for all the replies already received on the test page)

This is my introduction to all on a great forum.
After reading and enjoying this space for many moons, the circumstance has finally arrived where I can say Hi!

So I recently acquired a new member to the family. It is a Hilux 4.0 V6 4x4 DC Auto.
The year model is 2010, odo is at 100K and the purchase $ was 259K.

From past to present was a real change for me. Having owned 2 X Nissan 1400’s during the course of almost 25 years had its nostalgia, but I guess I’m getting too old for that now. The bloomin salesman actually laughed at me when I took the Hilux for a test drive and my left foot automatically started searching for a clutch… and my right arm started making funny whirling turns next to the door on trying to open the window!! Eish..

Well I guess this is the end of an era…The first 1400 I donated years back to a ‘chop shop’ and the second one recently..well..
it was all (name withheld) fault! Having them doing sudden load shedding whilst me trying to negotiate my way through the shopping mall underground parking…eish..I really wish not to elaborate on this escapade any further…

OK..so this is me..my name is Dirk, my hometown is PTA and I’m occupied within an electronics and specialized systems division.
I’m really looking forward from moving to a set of points and a condenser to an ECU and an ADD. Sounds like fun!
So I have not driven the Hilux a lot. Yes, I know…those big 4 wheels thing in the garage is still a little intimidating for me. The only modification I plan on implementing is a 12V beer cooler for inside the load bin. I like to keep things humble.
The Hilux I will not be using for commuting and the occasional gou-gou to the café and back sort of applications. Rather to venture the unknown…

Thanks and appreciation for taking the time on reading my intro.
I’m really looking forward on being part of this herewith great and informative forum. Go well.

Regards

Dirk

PS: Here is a pic of the Hilux. I have not a name for it yet. I was thinking on maybe “Suiplap” ?? …a perfect match!?

Image[/URL]
I got arrested for driving naked. I guess I shouldn’t have put four wheels, an engine, and a steering wheel on my bathtub.
I’m a do-it-yourself kind of lover.
” ― J. Kintz
Shimano
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Strand Cape Town
Vehicle: Hilux 4.0 V6 4x4
Club VHF Licence: HC125

Re: Introduction Dirka

Post by Shimano »

Welkom Dirk. Nou ja nog n 4.0L V6 by ons getalle.....ek hou daarvan. Hoop jy geniet dit hier op die forum. :clap:
Toyota Hilux 4.0 V6 4x4
jacques kotze
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Nelspruit
Vehicle: 2,8 4x4 Auto Fortuner. 2,8 4x4 Hilux singlecab.

Post by jacques kotze »

Welkom Dirk
4x4BEES
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Brackenfell
Vehicle: Hilux 4.0V6

Post by 4x4BEES »

Welkom Dirk
Froll
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Vioolsdrift
Vehicle: 2010 4.0 V6 Fortuner 4x4
Club VHF Licence: N/A

Post by Froll »

Welkom Dirk. :thumbup: :thumbup:
ChrisF
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler
Town: inniedorp
Vehicle: Toy

Post by ChrisF »

WELKOM Dirk.

Self n hele paar jaar n 1400 bakkie gehad by my eerste werkgewer. Sit nie in enige ou se broek om met daai wa van die Kaap tot Calvinia EN terug te ry in een dag nie, met n 90 minute stop aan daai kant. Maar aai, darem lekker gewees as mens se voet so rus op daai tweede stage van die carb se spring ..... nostalgie, maar bly ek het vandag n Hilux, al is my 2,5 diesel stadiger as die ou 1400 :twisted: :twisted: :lmao:
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Post by Mud Dog »

Welcome aboard, Dirk! Enjoy the forum and the Hilux! :thumbup:
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
FIRSTGEER
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: King WilliamsTown
Vehicle: 2,5 D4D Singlr Cab 4X4 Full OME suspension. snorkel.GMA aftermarket bullbar.
Club VHF Licence: HC 109

Post by FIRSTGEER »

Welcome to the forum Dirk.Great hilux you have there.Make sure you put some electronic devices into your hilux to make sure that vehicle stays yours and does'nt become another stolen hilux statistic cause THEY LOVE OUR HILUXES more than we do.
Dirka
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Doornpoort Pretoria
Vehicle: Hilux 4.0 V6 4X4 Auto DC

Post by Dirka »

Thanks to all for the welcoming! :P Much appreciated. :mrgreen:
I got arrested for driving naked. I guess I shouldn’t have put four wheels, an engine, and a steering wheel on my bathtub.
I’m a do-it-yourself kind of lover.
” ― J. Kintz
Haboob
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: King Williams Town
Vehicle: Hilux
Club VHF Licence: HC129

Post by Haboob »

Welcome Dirk, May you have many happy travels with the new addition to your family...
HABOOB means "Dust Storm"

Return to “Meet the People”