2005 Hi-Lux KUN26 R Turbo Diesel

Introduce yourself and Meet the rest of the crowd
Kidneed
Town: Townsville
Vehicle: 2005 4wd Hilux

2005 Hi-Lux KUN26 R Turbo Diesel

Post by Kidneed »

Hello,
I seem to have a repeated problem with my hi-lux. About 12 months ago it started to loose power when pushing down on the accelerator pedal and the engine light would come on. So off to my mechanic I go and he puts diagnostic machine on car and the fault reads as being accelerator pedal, so I buy a second hand one from local 4wd wreckers (Partington 4wd) for $160.00 and have it fitted. The new second hand pedal lasted a number of weeks before doing the same thing. So I get online and order the exact same as the 1st one I pulled out (Denso) from America for around $23.00 and delivered to me in Australia for $25.00, cheap as chips and exactly the same, made in same place with same part number. The vehicle has been good for about 10 months up until 3 days ago, and it has started doing it again, upon accelerating the car has no power and is a struggle to go anywhere, is quite dangerous to drive, I quickly pulled into a mechanic work shop and they put diagnostic machine on car and once again fault code registered as being accelerator pedal. Now surely this can not be happening again? Is there a reason other then the pedal? If it is the pedal again, why? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers :frustrated:
Polite
Town: Johannesburg
Vehicle: Toyota hilux raider 2 by 4

Re: 2005 Hi-Lux KUN26 R Turbo Diesel

Post by Polite »

Hi,l suggest you take it straight to Toyota dealership,they will definately give you a sound answer.

Return to “Meet the People”