Where is the fuse?

Introduce yourself and Meet the rest of the crowd
3's
Town: Inhambane
Vehicle: Hilux

Where is the fuse?

Post by 3's »

Hi Guy's,
I need help, my Hilux (2001 2700 4x4x single cab) is currently in pieces of me searching for the location of the 15Amp fuse that controls the Cigarette Lighter / Clock and Radio - this fuse is not located in any of the fuse boxes, nor is it listed in the manual. After searching online, it seems there is a 15amp fuse somewhere behind the dashboard - WHERE...? Anyone who knows...? According to wiring diagrams its somewhere between the ignition switch and the clock, after which the power wire runs to the lighter and radio.

Can someone please send me info that can assist - saw a response from WernerS on this tpic - yet the details are not in the post.....

Appreciate any assistance.

Tx,
3's
Family_Dog
Town: Klerksdorp
Vehicle: Hilux DC SFA, Hilux 2.7 DC, Hilux 2.7 SC, Prado 95 VX
Club VHF Licence: HC101

Re: Where is the fuse?

Post by Family_Dog »

I don't see it listed in the handbook either. In the little fuse box below right of the steering wheel, there are ten fuses, no 10 (the single one at the top) is just marked "Power". I wonder if this is not the cigarette lighter fuse.

Alternatively, I have not tried it yet but perhaps the cigarette lighter unclips/unscrews and the fuse might be immediately behind it?

-F_D

White Fang: 1999 2.7i DC Raider 4x4
Bull Dog: 1987 4Y-EFI 2.2 DC 4x4
Pra Dog: 1998 Prado VX 3.4
Hound Dog: 2000 2.7i SC 4x4

One Staffie, One Jack Russell, One Ring Neck Screecher, 17 Fish of questionable heritage

Family_Dog

Post by Family_Dog »

Another thought... it might also be the fuse marked "Accessory", also in the little dash fuse box to the lower right of the steering wheel. 15A blade fuse.

-F_D

One Staffie, One Jack Russell, One Ring Neck Screecher, 17 Fish of questionable heritage

3's

Post by 3's »

Thanks Eric, I have already checked all the fuses in both fuse boxes and they are all good, I have stripped the dash and already checked the cig.lighter for any fuses close by - but no luck. According to the Wiring diagram the fuse is located between the ignition and the clock, from the clock the power goes to the cig.lighter and then radio......I'm really at a loss here, since I cannot find this fuse.
Family_Dog

Post by Family_Dog »

It is the Accessory fuse. I went and removed the Acc fuse from mine, no radio, no cigarette lighter power to the GPS. Plugged it back in and all systems go.

Did you test the fuses or just look at them? Are the blades clean or do they show signs of corrosion or arcing? Have you tried swapping fuses over?

-F_D

3's

Post by 3's »

Hi Eric, I really appreciate your willingness to help - I will go check that right now - I only removed and visually checked all the fuses, let me go swap with new ones and see.....back in 10min.
3's

Post by 3's »

Eric, just had a look, the fuse seems fine, but then I tested the fuse and it was faulty. Replaced the fuse and all is well, except for the dashboard, centre-console and cubbyhole that I would need to put back......feeling like a proper 'clown', I rather use the word 'clown' as opposed to how I really feel - don't think Admin would like my true feelings, especially on a Sunday morning.

Thanks again Eric for your willingness and going to actually check/test on your vehicle, I owe you a few beers - welcome to pop-in for a few on your next visit to Mozambique (www.areiabranca-lodge.com). 2nd thought, maybe I must install a few extra 12v points while I have the dash already disassembled.....
Family_Dog

Post by Family_Dog »

Glad you came right Dries, if ever I get to Moz I will certainly look you up for a beer or two.

BTW, the fuse is a red one rated at 10A, not 15A. Not a good idea to put a bigger fuse in place of the 10A one.

I will ask Admin to excuse your Freudian slip if a word or two does pop out... ;)

Have fun!

-F_D

george
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Velddrif
Vehicle: Triton 3.5l V6
Club VHF Licence: HC107

Post by george »

Hi Dries.
Glad you got sorted by Uncle Eric :thumbup:

Does this look familiar :D:
Was there in 2012
IMG_3583.JPG
"The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.-Saint Augustine"
coetzer94
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Pretoorsdorp
Vehicle: Silver Hilux DC 2.8 GD-6 2016

Post by coetzer94 »

Hi sorry to hijack the thread

My father is in Manapools Zimbabwe and both front and rear Left turn signals are not working. (2014 Hilux DC Auto)

They have checked the fuse box under the bonnet (Turn-Haz-15A) But all seems good. Is there another fuse or something else that could be the problem?

They would just like to sort it out with all the police roadblocks in Zim.

Thanks
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Working on my bucket list only makes it longer
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Post by Mud Dog »

Sounds like the correct fuse. Put a continuity test across that fuse or rep[lace it with one that you know is working. Sometimes it looks like it's good but there is a break in it.
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!

Return to “Meet the People”