Introduce yourself and Meet the rest of the crowd
ecotech
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: cape town
Vehicle: volkswagen tdi

its time to say goodbye...

Post by ecotech »

thank you all for the chat, help and assistance over time. it has unfortunatly turned that i am now unemployed and out of my lux. i thank all for the time and phone calls.

i am out. enjoy :wave:
loop maar met my voete!!!!!!!!!!
Niel
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: 2014, DC, D4D 3.0, 4x4

Re: its time to say goodbye...

Post by Niel »

Marin, sorry to hear of this unfortunate turn of events. You don't have to have a hilux to be a member so please do visit from time to time. Hope you are back on your feet again soon.
Rick
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Town: Hermanus
Vehicle: BMW

Post by Rick »

Sorry to hear Martin....I'm sure you'll get sorted out soon! :thumbup:
Thunder is good, thunder is impressive, but it is the lightning that does the work. -Mark Twain
Scooter
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: JHB
Vehicle: '94 Raider, '05 Vigo 4.0 v6

Post by Scooter »

Eish, now that's not right. :(

May you have better luck in the months to come. :wink:
"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realise that what you heard is not what I meant."
JohanM
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Meyerton
Vehicle: Prado 120 4.0 V6
Club VHF Licence: HC126

Post by JohanM »

Hey Martin!!!!

Well all i can add is that I do know what you are going through as I have been there and am currently retrenched by Renault.

Keep up the hopes, and believe, cause it will change for better!!!!
Johan Marais
CasKru
Town: Benoni
Vehicle: '94 Hilux Raider 2.4i (22RE) DC 4x4
Club VHF Licence: B15

Post by CasKru »

Sterkte Martin... hoop dit is tydelik en omdat groter dinge vir jou beplan is
To God be the glory
ToyX4
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Ottosdal
Vehicle: Rocky's

Post by ToyX4 »

Yis ou Martin. Sterkte!
ImageImage
ThysdJ
Town: Brackenfell
Vehicle: 2010 Hilux D4D 3.0 D/C 4x4
Club VHF Licence: HC102

Post by ThysdJ »

Sorry om die slegte nuus te hoor Martin, dis nooit lekker nie. Sterkte ou maat en loer in van tyd tot tyd, jy is altyd welkom hier, ons gesels graag... :wink:
Thys de Jager
CEO and Refreshments Manager at Team Offroad.

2010 Hilux 3.0 D4D D/C 4x4 with GOMAD "Brood" Canopy. Tripod.
1997 Jeep Wrangler TJ 4.0 Sport. The original SFA. AGA... Gooi kole
email: thys@teamoffroad.co.za

Like Team Offroad on Facebook...
Martin K
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Johannesburg
Vehicle: Hilux 2.7i SC

Post by Martin K »

Oh Hell. Hope it works out and gets better for you. Best wishes and stick around
A story with a happy ending is a story that hasn't ended yet
2.8 d/cab SFA
Town: Boksburg
Vehicle: Yamaha R1

Post by 2.8 d/cab SFA »

:( sorry man, all the best, hope it works out for the best
John
Real Trucks Don't Have Sparkplugs!
ImageImage
hentey
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: worcester
Vehicle: 2700i 4x4

Post by hentey »

Sad news.Stay positive and best of luck to you and your family.
Knersus
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Kathu
Vehicle: 2.4 Hi Lux 4x4 DC 95'
Club VHF Licence: ZS3EP

Post by Knersus »

Martin mens se nooit koebaai nie. Glo net en dinge sal regkom......Jy sal sien
Eben Pienaar
2.4 Hi Lux 22R 95'
Codan HF radio; Kenwood VHF Hi band; Tait VHF midband; Snorkel; OME suspension; Diff lock on next shortlist. Dis lekker om 'n mens te wees....Jy moet net 'n lekker mens wees
Family_Dog
Town: Klerksdorp
Vehicle: Hilux DC SFA, Hilux 2.7 DC, Hilux 2.7 SC, Prado 95 VX
Club VHF Licence: HC101

Post by Family_Dog »

Martin, holding thumbs you come up with something even better than you had before. Good luck and never give up hope.

-F_D

White Fang: 1999 2.7i DC Raider 4x4
Bull Dog: 1987 4Y-EFI 2.2 DC 4x4
Pra Dog: 1998 Prado VX 3.4
Hound Dog: 2000 2.7i SC 4x4

One Staffie, One Jack Russell, One Ring Neck Screecher, 17 Fish of questionable heritage

ecotech
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker

Post by ecotech »

as you can see i will still sometime try and put in my 2 cent piece but as far as going on trips with you all there i am out unless there are people thats looking for co-pilots or backseat drivers.
Jack KZ-TE
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Durban
Vehicle: 2001 Toyota Hilux KZ-TE DC 4x2

Post by Jack KZ-TE »

Sorrie man, dis nou nie hoe n man die jaar wil begin nie, hou kop en glo dat iets sal opduik.... Glo in Die HERE, Hy maak nooit n deur toe sonder om n ander een oop te maak nie . Wat se werk doen jy dan kan ons ook rondkyk en lat weet as ons iets sien . Sterkte pel .
One day at a time please..
Jaws
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Sharonlea
Vehicle: 2009 D4D 4x4

Post by Jaws »

Sterkte , as jy `n positiewe houding kan he is ek seker jy sal gou weer terug op jou voete wees. glo en vertrou als sal uitwerk vir jou.
:thumbup:
ecotech
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker

Post by ecotech »

thanks everyone.

wel someone asked what work i do. well i have 11 years experiance in securiy and pror to that 4 years in the volkswagen beetle industry.

lets start with the beetles. i have build numerous show beetles and cal custom (californian styled) and resto custom (almost stock but slight custom work done) beetles, kombi`s and varaints. in my terms type 1, 2 and type 3 being the rarest of them all. i had one car as a show winner for 4 years in a row. so needless to say i know a beetle backwards.

the security side i have been working for Chubb and Adt respectively. i have experiance in numerou alarm systems, intercomms and gate automation. i have picked up and been on courses for electric fencing, cctv, access control and gaurd monitoring systems. i can name all the systems i have worked on but i will spare you all the borng details.

hope someone knows or knows someone that knows someone that could help a man in need.

thanks
bosjakkals
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Harrismith
Vehicle: 97 Hilux SFA ,31 BF's, Bullbar,Warn winch, Hunting frame, 2 spare wheels, Long range tank, High lift jack, Gearmax rear locker diff, Suspension unknown but very soft)

Post by bosjakkals »

Ek gaan nie se sorrie nie, Dis nie my skuld nie- Wat ek wil weet is "wat doen jy?"
Ek is seker iemand erens weet van iets of kan dalk help mety iets.
Ek weet ook hoe dit voel - My naam op lys om nou 31 Januarie klaar te maak.
Het reeds ander opsies so daar is altyd planne. As jy nie op die forum wil reply nie PM my laat ek sien wat ek kan doen. Bid kliphard.

CJ
03 - Cruiser 105 GX
97 - Hilux 2.4 D/C -
05 - Pajero 3.2 DID SWB ( Ma se kar)
01-Prado 3.0 d (Gesien -Geniet - GEROL))
ecotech
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker

Post by ecotech »

ok lets spil the beans. i was working for company X. i had a shitty december month and being a sub contractor it means no work no pay. i was the only one working as my fiance lost her job in september and cant get another job cause she is pregnant and due in april so no company even wants to look at emplying her. long story short. if you need money for diesel and food on the table what would you do? send them to be hungry or do a private job to get money for food on the table? well i did number 2 and did a private job, and with my bad luck i got caught. ja its a stupid thing to do and to all owners or managers out there would more then likely have do the same and thats to fire me.

the lux i had was pay for by the company and i had to do the maintenance etc to keep it going till the 5 year period has gone by and the vehicle is pay in full by the bank then it would be mine but soory guys i needed the money for my family. rather work for it then stealing money. thats my moto. so there you all have it. my own stupidity but sometimes its for a cause which not everyone will understand
JohanM
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Meyerton
Vehicle: Prado 120 4.0 V6
Club VHF Licence: HC126

Post by JohanM »

Martin, I do not really have words to say to here to make you feel better.

However, I do see where you come from and wrt private jobs, I think many of the people in the trade does some kind of private job, thus what you did was to supplement your income. To be honest I have been very close to the situation that you are in now, but somehow managed to pull through.

I am 28, not married, and dont have a girlfriend (Thys het jy haar al gekry??? :twisted: :twisted: ). I have been 2 times unemployed for relative long periods and has been now retrenched by my work. My finances looks like a pig stay as I have been batteling to keep a float, but im currently working already on other ideas, plans, thinking about taking big steps to see if things can change the way it would benefit me and the situation. I dream as big as I can cause that is what I am trying to make reality, as it lies within our power through prayer, more prayers and even hard work, hard times and opportunities that we are too scared to take, because of a lack of trust to the Almighty.

I wake up everyday and think to myself that I will make it through, I have done it before, so Martin, with all respect said, Go sit down, calm down and then think about everything that you can do, have done as a job and what you would like to do and then decide what position you would like to be in.

I believe that life gives what we need, when we need it most, to enable us to command the new challenge better skilled that what you would have been. Thus my friend, I like CJ are soon to be back on square no1. The start, but I am asking you nicely, dont be upset about it, as it will work out better, the only thing is the better it gets, the more difficult it gets to obtain it or to get up that step.

Keep focussed and you will be back soon in action driving your 4x4 Hilux with the rest off the guys around all 4x4 trails and tours.
Johan Marais
Hi-Hilux
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Tsumeb
Vehicle: 1991 Hilux2.2 ---1987 Hilux D/C Hella 1000, Rancho RS9000XL shocks, Good Year M/TR, Warn Winch, STK bullbar, Extended shacles, Kenwood VHF-SOLD

Post by Hi-Hilux »

Ek gaan ook nie jammer se nie maar wees positief net nie hiv positief nie asb :lol: .Weet jy die Here het planne met ons almal waar een deur toe gaan maak Hy die volgende een vir jou oop!!! Glo bid en vertrou net op Hom. Dalk wil hy vir jou wys dat met jou kennis jy jou eie ding kan doen? Wees rustig en dink aan jou opsies, bring jou kant, vetrou en bid en Hy sal elke aand kos op jou tafel sit. Ek was self al deur die pap en eiers stadium maar die Here het my nie eenkeer alleen gelos nie en vandag is ek redelik sukses vol, ek kan nie kla nie. Sterke :thumbup:
Is gebed jou spaarwiel of jou stuurwiel?
'Life is a coin. You can spend it anyway you wish, but you can only spend it ONCE'
Piesang
Town: Grabouw
Vehicle: '99 Hilux SRX d/c 4x4

Post by Piesang »

Ek kry hoendervleis as ek al die dinge lees.

'n Man dink altyd jy het die slegse deel van die lewe gekry tot jy lees/hoor van ander.

Ek self is al medies ongeskik vir werk virklaar, weer probeer werk moes weer ophou, weer probeer en weer ophou en toe werk dit en my gesondheid hou en toe word ek gaan ek deur werkkers virmindring en elke keer het ek 'n paarjaar by die huis gesit sonder inkomste. Ek werk nou weer 16 maande lank en elkekeer moet 'n ou onder begin. 'n nuwe Nissan Nivara se paaiemente is meer as my pay, MAAR
Weet jy die Here het planne met ons almal waar een deur toe gaan maak Hy die volgende een vir jou oop!!! Glo bid en vertrou net op Hom. Dalk wil hy vir jou wys dat met jou kennis jy jou eie ding kan doen? Wees rustig en dink aan jou opsies, bring jou kant, vetrou en bid en Hy sal elke aand kos op jou tafel sit
die woorde is waar en dit het my elke keer deur gedra.
Hou jou oë op Jesus en Hy sal jou paaie gelyk maak.

Almal ken die verhaal van die voetspore - wel ek glo daar waar net een ry spore is is waar jy op jou eie probeer en die twee ry is as jy Sy hand neem om jy te lei

Sterkte bid vir jou.

"Onderwerp julle dan aan God; weerstaan die duiwel, en hy sal van julle wegvlug." Jak 4:7

Return to “Meet the People”