Welcome jwalters

Introduce yourself and Meet the rest of the crowd
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Welcome jwalters

Post by Mud Dog »

Welcome to the forum Johann (We have quite a few Johann's here now :D: ) I'm sure you will enjoy your experience as a part of the 'Hilux Family'. :thumbup:
Tell us a bit about yourself and your vehicle. :wink:
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
jwalters
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Oranjemund
Vehicle: Hilux 4L V6 4x4 d/c Manual

Re: Welcome jwalters

Post by jwalters »

Hi,
I am from Rosh Pinah Namibia. Here for about 8 month's now- lived in Oranjemund for almost ten years before we moved to RP.
My first hilux was a 2x4, 2700i 1999 S/C. Quite a legendary engin where I come from. Even the 2x4 nearly goes anywhere...i miss it very much...
I eventually sold the 2.7i and bought a 1996 2.2 4y 4x4 SFA, now I can go anywhere. I grew up with a bakkie like this, been in love with it from a very early age. Other than the cruiser and older landrovers, they never made a bakkie that can quite keep up with this hilux's off-road capability... :D
The only downside of my bakkie is that it has the 2.2 4y import engin built in..... I don't have a lot of confidence in it...... Battling with simple stuff like timing, coil (electronic ign.), correct carburator adjustment and had also to replace it's spark plug sleeve seals. Seems like all rubber in this engin is not of good quality...?
We use to do a lot of dune riding in Oranjemund, huge dunes, and i have to say that i long for MORE power...
Regards,
Johann Walters
ToyX4
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Ottosdal
Vehicle: Rocky's

Post by ToyX4 »

Johann, welkom

Ja, hier is al n hele paar Johanne op die forum, en Namibiers.

Jy't nie dalk vir my n werkie daar nie? :D: Ek is vrek jaloers op julle wat in Nam bly.

Gooi daai 4Y uit, en sit n 3RZ(2.7i) in. :twisted:
ImageImage
Dadz Toy BFI

Post by Dadz Toy BFI »

jwalters wrote:Hi,
The only downside of my bakkie is that it has the 2.2 4y import engin built in..... I don't have a lot of confidence in it...... Battling with simple stuff like timing, coil (electronic ign.), correct carburator adjustment and had also to replace it's spark plug sleeve seals. Seems like all rubber in this engin is not of good quality...?
We use to do a lot of dune riding in Oranjemund, huge dunes, and i have to say that i long for MORE power...
Regards,
Johann Walters
Welcome Johan :thumbup: :thumbup:

Johan I have a quality import 4Y which we fitted with EFi, infact there's quite a posi of 4Y EFi's on this site nou :P

Now have about 90Kw on tap, and throttle response camparable to that which you once enjoyed in your 4x2. :shock:

The EFi Conversion costs about R12K which is a darn sight cheaper than transplanting a 3RZ-FE (2.7i Motor). :mrgreen:

To learn more Johan, do a Forum Search on 4Y EFi; then if you're interested in having a go there's lots of Manne here to help and guide you through it :thumbup:

Welcome again Johan :wink:
Mud Dog
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.

Post by Mud Dog »

Thanks for the info Johann ... ja the old 4y is still a fantastic motor with few drawbacks .... lack of power is one of them, but by the same token, with it's low-end torque it's still a formidable contender on trails. :wink:

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Dadz Toy BFI

Post by Dadz Toy BFI »

Mud Dog wrote:Thanks for the info Johann ... ja the old 4y is still a fantastic motor with few drawbacks .... lack of power is one of them, but by the same token, with it's low-end torque it's still a formidable contender on trails. :wink:
Andy - what you gonna do with all that Moola you'll be saving from tomorrow then :eh:

EFi :?: :D:
Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

Ja boet ... it's on the cards :D: :wink:

ThysdJ
Town: Brackenfell
Vehicle: 2010 Hilux D4D 3.0 D/C 4x4
Club VHF Licence: HC102

Post by ThysdJ »

Welkom hier by ons Johan. Sê groete vir Andries Blaauw.. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Thys de Jager
CEO and Refreshments Manager at Team Offroad.

2010 Hilux 3.0 D4D D/C 4x4 with GOMAD "Brood" Canopy. Tripod.
1997 Jeep Wrangler TJ 4.0 Sport. The original SFA. AGA... Gooi kole
email: thys@teamoffroad.co.za

Like Team Offroad on Facebook...
bennie
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Town: Randburg
Vehicle: 95 Hilux D/C 4x4 2.4
Club VHF Licence: V 40

Post by bennie »

Welkom Johan! :thumbup:
95 Hilexus V8
2006 Suzuki LTZ 400
2009 Toyota Company Car
george
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Velddrif
Vehicle: Triton 3.5l V6
Club VHF Licence: HC107

Post by george »

Welkom en stuur groete vir my boet.Pieter van Greunen.
"The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.-Saint Augustine"
jwalters
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Oranjemund
Vehicle: Hilux 4L V6 4x4 d/c Manual

Post by jwalters »

Baie dankie aan al die boodskappe, ek gaan die site geniet!
koeka
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Phalaborwa
Vehicle: Toyota hilux D/C 3.0 D4D 4x4

Post by koeka »

Hallo Johan

Welkom hier en dis goed om iemand van die Namib hier te he, ek is ook maar nog nuut hier. Met jou daar bo sal ons kom hallo se as ons daar verby kom in die toekoms dan kan jy ons bietjie op n avontuur vat.

:o: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Koeka
Ek stoot eerder my Toyota!! voordat ek n Land Rover ry!!

ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Meet the People”