Blackie gd6
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Edgemead
Vehicle: Hilux dc 2.8gd6 4x4

Intro blackiegd6

Post by Blackie gd6 »

IMG_20161107_201852.jpg
Hello all, a pic of my new and first hilux.all I've done so far is a 40mm front lift and a set of 31" bfg kos,so a sleeper4x4 then .
Blackie gd6
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD

Re: Intro blackiegd6

Post by Blackie gd6 »

I'm probably doing this all wrong,tech challenged toppie .today I've been mercilessly"wysed"by a Navara and a Isuzu forbie owners about the moose test vid fail, any of you guys dealing with flack?
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Post by Mud Dog »

Hi and welcome Ettienne. :thumbup:

They're just jealous :D: ..... read the thread about the moose test saga here .... viewtopic.php?f=8&t=41940&p=492598#p492598" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
If the test were to have been done scientifically consistent with each vehicle (same tyres / same tyre pressures / same line through the course / same speed / same breaking distance etc.), I think the results would have been quite different. In my opinion the test is flawed and therefore inconclusive.

Nice bakkie - congrats! :winkx:
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
Thunder02
Town: East Rand
Vehicle: IFS Hilux
Club VHF Licence: HC105

Post by Thunder02 »

Welcome to the forum, not to worry no moose's in SA :laugh2:
Congrats on the first Hilux :clap: :clap: :clap:
Not all those who wander are lost!

Scout motto:be prepared....
www.4x4direct.co.za
Email: boksburg@4x4direct.co.za
IFS is like a swambo, soft, sexy and expensive!
Haboob
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: King Williams Town
Vehicle: Hilux
Club VHF Licence: HC129

Post by Haboob »

Welcome andcongrats.
You are likely to get a lot of snide remarks until their truck packs up.
Just smile and tell them to talk after their waranty has expired.
HABOOB means "Dust Storm"
Blackie gd6
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD

Post by Blackie gd6 »

Blackie gd6 wrote:I'm probably doing this all wrong,tech challenged toppie .today I've been mercilessly"wysed"by a Navara and a Isuzu forbie owners about the moose test vid fail, any of you guys dealing with flack?
PS,i forget to mention I noticed in the march2016 car mag. That the revos front track is 15mm narrower than the rear. Could this have something to do with it s tendency to fall over? The ranger in the same mag has matching track widths.
TertiusK
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Oudtshoorn
Vehicle: 1990 Hilux 2.4D 4x4 DC Full MIKEM Suspension front and back + 2007 Kia Sportage 2.0 CRDI 4WD

Post by TertiusK »

Welcome Ettienne!!!
coetzer94
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Pretoorsdorp
Vehicle: Silver Hilux DC 2.8 GD-6 2016

Post by coetzer94 »

Blackie gd6 wrote:
Blackie gd6 wrote:I'm probably doing this all wrong,tech challenged toppie .today I've been mercilessly"wysed"by a Navara and a Isuzu forbie owners about the moose test vid fail, any of you guys dealing with flack?
PS,i forget to mention I noticed in the march2016 car mag. That the revos front track is 15mm narrower than the rear. Could this have something to do with it s tendency to fall over? The ranger in the same mag has matching track widths.
Cant toyota get it right? first the Land Cruiser 70 series and now this? Dont get me wrong, the old man drives a new model and have been nothing but happy with it, great vehicle for long distances and not to bad in the city either. It wont put me off from buying a hilux, but one would think that toyota wont make the same mistake again. Also how expensive can it be to rectify the 15mm from factory?

Good looking Bakkie :thumbup:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Working on my bucket list only makes it longer
Blackie gd6
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD

Post by Blackie gd6 »

I hear you and agree with the fact that after dropping 500k+ on the object of my desire it'll stay upright whilst avoiding a weewee'd jaywalker,dog,cow,whatever!!.me being a bit of a boy scout i wanna be prepared voor die bollie die fan slat! I've been advised by a navara owner(engineer mate of mine) to fit spacers to the fronts thus squaring the track widths,will it work,? Wat se die slim mense ,get enige revo man al dit probeer?.
coetzer94
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by coetzer94 »

Spacers hoort te werk, ek is met nie seker of daar sulke klein offsets beskikbaar is nie?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FIRSTGEER
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: King WilliamsTown
Vehicle: 2,5 D4D Singlr Cab 4X4 Full OME suspension. snorkel.GMA aftermarket bullbar.
Club VHF Licence: HC 109

Post by FIRSTGEER »

Welcome Ettiene.Remember that the hilux has proved itself time and time again as being the best 4x4 in its class.That test is done on the tar.Clock up the kilos and see which vehicle is still serviceable and has the highest resale value.
I have also heard the remarks about the new hilux regarding that "test" from the other and vehicle owners and they are really getting as much mileage out of it to try and cover their choice of vehicles short falls.Its like water off a ducks back to me.Happy 4x4 ing.
Blackie gd6
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD

Post by Blackie gd6 »

Wat van 10mm al Kant voor (20mm), of gaan dit die mates the veel uit gooi ? Die ding will nie Afrikaans tik nie !. sorry coetzer24,the English tale it is then. Ironically about 8 yrs ago I built a flatter ( cj2a Willis) on a 94 sfa hilux chassis (shortened somewhat) with a 21r 5speed box and4.8:1 diffs all powered by a 3lv6 stroked Ford motor ,which I got for free,! She was sitting on33x1250 scorpions. Given the short wheelbase and large tyres I'd expect the Jeep to struggle with the moose test, hence I find the revos result unacceptable! I need to resolve this issue before my ocd f...s out.!

Sent from my B1-730HD using Tapatalk
Blackie gd6
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD

Post by Blackie gd6 »

Question?,has anyone put a 2016 revo on 33 muddies?, obviously expensive!! .but what about all the suspension mods and loss of performance,turning circle,etc.Any advice on resale value/ manufactures warranty and service plan as my lux is only 2months old...2500kms.
Blackie gd6
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD

Re: RE: Re: Intro blackiegd6

Post by Blackie gd6 »

Blackie gd6 wrote:Question?,has anyone put a 2016 revo on 33 muddies?, obviously expensive!! .but what about all the suspension mods and loss of performance,turning circle,etc.Any advice on resale value/ manufactures warranty and service plan as my lux is only 2months old...2500kms.

jacques kotze
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Nelspruit
Vehicle: 2,8 4x4 Auto Fortuner. 2,8 4x4 Hilux singlecab.

Post by jacques kotze »

Just to put it in to perspective..If the difference is 15mm..the difference per wheel is 7,5mm on each side, so I highly doubt that it will have any affect on the handling ( my opinion,not a fact )
Blackie gd6
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD

Post by Blackie gd6 »

Cheers Jaques,but what I really need to know is if it's already been done and wether the accompanying mods will still leave the upgrade viable or even a good idea!, things like rubbing and loss of turning circle,etc. All I have at the moment is a 40mm level kit in the front.

coetzer94
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by coetzer94 »

Blackie, gaan kyk op newhilux.net, dis n aussie forum, maar hulle is baie meer ingesteld op die nuwer voertuie en groot modifikasies as ons in RSA, dink jy sal die 33" info daar kry

Blackie gd6
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD

Post by Blackie gd6 »

Cheers coetzer 94, maak so

Return to “Pictures Only - Post a pic of your Hilux”