My V8 Hilux

Post one picture of your Hilux, no text please
Post Reply
User avatar
DANIELK
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:39 am
Town: Randburg
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux 1990 DC V8
Real Name: Karl

Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:39 pm

My Lexus 4.0L V8 Hilux
Attachments
forumAttachment.jpg
Regards
Karl

Image

Trucks
1990 Toyota Hilux DC 4x4 4.0 V8 1UZ-FE (Current)
1998 Ford Courier SC 4x4 3.4 V6
2001 Ford Ranger DC 4x4 2.5 TD
1996 Ford Courier DC 4x4 3.4 V6

User avatar
Hilux 1
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Posts: 4043
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:24 pm
Town: Brackenfell
Vehicle: 2000 Raider 2700i 4x4 Double cab. met "rock sliders" en Powerflo stainless exhaust
Real Name: Tertius
ORRA Call Sign: HC137

Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:47 pm

julle transvalers het mooi speelgoed daar bo, sjoe

JamesC
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Posts: 532
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:11 am
Town: Potchefstroom
Vehicle: SRX 2.5 4x4 D/C
Real Name: James
Location: Potchefstroom

Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:47 pm

:drool: :drool: :drool:
James Cameron
0834431879

User avatar
pietpetoors
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 10216
Joined: Thu May 17, 2007 9:12 pm
Town: Langebaan
Vehicle: 2.7 Hilux 4x4 DC
Real Name: Pieter
ORRA Call Sign: X27
Contact:

Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:28 pm

Shoe, hy lyk nog mooi ! :thumbup:
Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow!
Image
1999 Hilux 2.7i 4x4 Raider DC. Rear diff-lock, Red Peppor Bull Bar and rock sliders, 31" Cooper ST, Snorkel, Alu-Canopy, VHF Kirisun radio, West Coast Rust, Mikem Rear Suspension, Ball Joint Spacers in front, 25watt LED Spots

User avatar
Froll
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Posts: 3292
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:13 pm
Town: Vioolsdrift
Vehicle: 1995 2,4 SFA Hilux,Home made snorkel,Home made front bumper .
Real Name: Roger
ORRA Call Sign: N/A

Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:56 pm

Baie mooi Karl.

User avatar
Mud Dog
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 28128
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:18 am
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Real Name: Andy

Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:58 am

I just love these old SFA's and yours looks great! :thumbup:

What drive train did you match up to the 1UZ?
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Image
Image

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!

User avatar
FIRSTGEER
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Posts: 1409
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:00 am
Town: King WilliamsTown
Vehicle: 2,5 D4D Singlr Cab 4X4 Full OME suspension. snorkel.GMA aftermarket bullbar.
Real Name: Tony Geer
ORRA Call Sign: HC 109

Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:41 pm

:thumbup: :thumbup:
Image

User avatar
GeorgeJvR
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Posts: 3230
Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:55 pm
Town: Louis Trichardt
Vehicle: 1998 Prado 3.4 V6 A/T, 2005 Vigo 3.0 D4D 4x4 ARB- protection plate -B/Bar -T/Bar, ONCA sliders, Winch, snorkel, Chipped; 1997 SFA D/C met 3.0 KZ TE motor.
Real Name: George

Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:57 am

Daai lyk darm mooi!
To Buy and sell a vehicle is my hobby
Make a deal that no one else thought possible is my aim

Kom wat wil ek bly 'n Bul!

User avatar
GeorgeJvR
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Posts: 3230
Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:55 pm
Town: Louis Trichardt
Vehicle: 1998 Prado 3.4 V6 A/T, 2005 Vigo 3.0 D4D 4x4 ARB- protection plate -B/Bar -T/Bar, ONCA sliders, Winch, snorkel, Chipped; 1997 SFA D/C met 3.0 KZ TE motor.
Real Name: George

Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:57 am

Gooi bietjie binne fotos asseblief ?
To Buy and sell a vehicle is my hobby
Make a deal that no one else thought possible is my aim

Kom wat wil ek bly 'n Bul!

User avatar
Stef
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Posts: 3099
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:54 pm
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: '98 LTD
Real Name: Stefan
ORRA Call Sign: X107

Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:39 am

GeorgeJvR wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:57 am
Gooi bietjie binne fotos asseblief ?
Nee moenie...George gaat jou 'n offer maak! :mrgreen:

dianlandman
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:57 pm
Town: Tsitsikamma
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux
Real Name: Dian

Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:27 pm

Fotos en dalk n video dat mens kan hoor hoe hy klink

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk


User avatar
GeorgeJvR
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Posts: 3230
Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:55 pm
Town: Louis Trichardt
Vehicle: 1998 Prado 3.4 V6 A/T, 2005 Vigo 3.0 D4D 4x4 ARB- protection plate -B/Bar -T/Bar, ONCA sliders, Winch, snorkel, Chipped; 1997 SFA D/C met 3.0 KZ TE motor.
Real Name: George

Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:43 pm

Stef wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:39 am
GeorgeJvR wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:57 am
Gooi bietjie binne fotos asseblief ?
Nee moenie...George gaat jou 'n offer maak! :mrgreen:
Ek soek juis 'n nuwe SFA :shh:
To Buy and sell a vehicle is my hobby
Make a deal that no one else thought possible is my aim

Kom wat wil ek bly 'n Bul!

Mars
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Posts: 1163
Joined: Mon May 07, 2012 12:33 pm
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux 3lt D4D DC 4X4
Real Name: Marnus

Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:08 am

Regtig mooi. Wie het die ombouing gedoen?

User avatar
DANIELK
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:39 am
Town: Randburg
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux 1990 DC V8
Real Name: Karl

Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:58 am

Thanks for all the Responses...

She have the Cressida 3.0 Gearbox Manual..
Regards
Karl

Image

Trucks
1990 Toyota Hilux DC 4x4 4.0 V8 1UZ-FE (Current)
1998 Ford Courier SC 4x4 3.4 V6
2001 Ford Ranger DC 4x4 2.5 TD
1996 Ford Courier DC 4x4 3.4 V6

User avatar
DANIELK
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:39 am
Town: Randburg
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux 1990 DC V8
Real Name: Karl

Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:19 pm

Mars wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:08 am
Regtig mooi. Wie het die ombouing gedoen?
The Original Conversion was done by Barry's Auto in Pretoria...
Regards
Karl

Image

Trucks
1990 Toyota Hilux DC 4x4 4.0 V8 1UZ-FE (Current)
1998 Ford Courier SC 4x4 3.4 V6
2001 Ford Ranger DC 4x4 2.5 TD
1996 Ford Courier DC 4x4 3.4 V6

User avatar
DANIELK
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:39 am
Town: Randburg
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux 1990 DC V8
Real Name: Karl

Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:15 pm

Mud Dog wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:58 am
I just love these old SFA's and yours looks great! :thumbup:

What drive train did you match up to the 1UZ?
As far as i'm aware it has the Toyota one, using the 3.0 Cressida manual Gear box.. Had no issues so far.. :)..
Tried to get hold of the Guys that did the conversion..
Regards
Karl

Image

Trucks
1990 Toyota Hilux DC 4x4 4.0 V8 1UZ-FE (Current)
1998 Ford Courier SC 4x4 3.4 V6
2001 Ford Ranger DC 4x4 2.5 TD
1996 Ford Courier DC 4x4 3.4 V6

User avatar
Mud Dog
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 28128
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:18 am
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Real Name: Andy

Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:57 pm

The 3lit Cresida box should be good. Those straight 6's developed a lot of torque and the 1UZ is not far off so the box should be able to handle it. I would say that you shouldn't floor it, especially in 4th and 5th to save the box and then also not to let it labour in 5th when climbing hills or when in slower traffic - rather drop to 4th.

The diffs will be a weak point as well if it's still the standard SFA ones.and the bigger diameter tyres are not going to help the drive-train either.

I know we all like the throaty roar of a V8, but drive it conservatively and you shouldn't have a problem. :winkx:
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Image
Image

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!

User avatar
DANIELK
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:39 am
Town: Randburg
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux 1990 DC V8
Real Name: Karl

Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:38 am

Mud Dog wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:57 pm
The 3lit Cresida box should be good. Those straight 6's developed a lot of torque and the 1UZ is not far off so the box should be able to handle it. I would say that you shouldn't floor it, especially in 4th and 5th to save the box and then also not to let it labour in 5th when climbing hills or when in slower traffic - rather drop to 4th.

The diffs will be a weak point as well if it's still the standard SFA ones.and the bigger diameter tyres are not going to help the drive-train either.

I know we all like the throaty roar of a V8, but drive it conservatively and you shouldn't have a problem. :winkx:
I do drive it with respect for that reason.. the truck is on-going project I picked up.. thanks for the info much appreciated... :D:
Regards
Karl

Image

Trucks
1990 Toyota Hilux DC 4x4 4.0 V8 1UZ-FE (Current)
1998 Ford Courier SC 4x4 3.4 V6
2001 Ford Ranger DC 4x4 2.5 TD
1996 Ford Courier DC 4x4 3.4 V6

User avatar
GRWLR ZN
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Posts: 74
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:25 pm
Town: Richards Bay
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux - Lexus V8
Real Name: Louis

Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:27 am

B.E.A utiful bakkie Karl,
I too baught over a ongoing project about a year ago (late 98 IFS). Have done a lot of work since i got it, mostly sorting the engine bay, wiring and the interior..

Standard 3000D drive train in use, however when i had to open the gearbox (after my first 800km drive from MP to KZN) it was was obvious it has been opened before, many times...with some questionable repairs done.

Mud Dog is 100% right, treat the box nicely and you should be fine.

As far as drive train goes, I will have to replace all bearings quite soon, both the diff's thrust washers are worn for sure and even the hub lock caps have play.... the 1uz has been trying it's level best to squeeze past all these components. With that said, it is superbly capable offroad.

You are still going to have hours of fun in your Lexus converted Hilux, trust me ... there is no better combination in my opinion.

Remember, you do not have to be crazy to own a "HILEX".... but it does help...

User avatar
DANIELK
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:39 am
Town: Randburg
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux 1990 DC V8
Real Name: Karl

Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:13 pm

GRWLR ZN wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:27 am
B.E.A utiful bakkie Karl,
I too baught over a ongoing project about a year ago (late 98 IFS). Have done a lot of work since i got it, mostly sorting the engine bay, wiring and the interior..

Standard 3000D drive train in use, however when i had to open the gearbox (after my first 800km drive from MP to KZN) it was was obvious it has been opened before, many times...with some questionable repairs done.

Mud Dog is 100% right, treat the box nicely and you should be fine.

As far as drive train goes, I will have to replace all bearings quite soon, both the diff's thrust washers are worn for sure and even the hub lock caps have play.... the 1uz has been trying it's level best to squeeze past all these components. With that said, it is superbly capable offroad.

You are still going to have hours of fun in your Lexus converted Hilux, trust me ... there is no better combination in my opinion.

Remember, you do not have to be crazy to own a "HILEX".... but it does help...
Thanks, Slowly Replacing things.. Its going in for the Props and Centre Bearing this Monday.. She is a beaut off road, I love my Hilux..

She turns heads all the time and sounds great.
Regards
Karl

Image

Trucks
1990 Toyota Hilux DC 4x4 4.0 V8 1UZ-FE (Current)
1998 Ford Courier SC 4x4 3.4 V6
2001 Ford Ranger DC 4x4 2.5 TD
1996 Ford Courier DC 4x4 3.4 V6

Van Rooyen
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:15 pm
Town: Riversdale
Vehicle: 1995 Toyota Hilux raider dc 4x4 22R
Real Name: Trichardt

Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:18 am

Mooi bakkie DAAI!!
Trap hom frikkie :mrgreen: :drool:

Post Reply

Return to “Pictures Only - Post a pic of your Hilux”

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users