PLEDGE DETAILS - Sending Noodroep

Discuss anything here as long as it is clean. Having a hard time with your Skoonma, tell us about it here, or discuss the Rugby. Whatever you feel like talking about.
CasKru
Town: Benoni
Vehicle: '94 Hilux Raider 2.4i (22RE) DC 4x4
Club VHF Licence: B15

Re: Seronga Mission: Booyse family

Post by CasKru »

Family_BullDog wrote:Mac & I have an understanding. Neither of us can understand what t'other is saying! :P

-F_D
I think I know what you just said but I'm not sure I heard exactly what you ment?! :twisted: :lol: :mrgreen:
To God be the glory
Kagiso
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Vehicle: Datsun SAFARI aka LOBO, Nissan Patrol GQ

Post by Kagiso »

o k ... let me type slowly so that I do not loozzzzz Eric along the way: URGENTLY needed; an "A" frame to hook onto that Isuzu of Willie, which is currently at Lobatse, to bring to Silverton where Andre van der Kolf at German Engineering will repair said messed up Isuzu engine ,, to put Willie back on wheels so that The Word is spread in the desolate areas of North-Western Botswana...
That family still needs you care and "omgee" prayers and support. Even just R20 once in a while [to us it sounds little - to them it makes a world of difference..

Oh yeah, I still need that "A" Frame pleezzzzzzzz :cry: ?????
OR a nut to hold teh steering while I tow it back???
OK now thats that .. from now on I will type fast again.
Outreach2Africa - In support of Missionaries of Africa: Helping God's children doing God's work.
on't bring God down to your level of faith ... bring your faith up to His level!
Kagiso
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker

Post by Kagiso »

It's quiet here on the western front. Mind you, north, east, south also in too much of a bustle (nor hustle 8) )
Just a quick update: Willie and family are fine and in good health. They are in RSA till the weekend. I hope to to see them on Friday. The Aisiestog is still in Lobatse. I'll keep you posted when we go to fetch it ... you and I that is ... just 60 Km from Zeerust (±) Even with an "A" frame, I can do with the company ...
Otherwise the family is still in dire need of support - prayers and finances.
*Two of the girls are now receiving dental [dunno what you call it in Eng. ... waar hulle daai draadjies so in die tande kry - and must be adjusted regularly]
*The engineering shop is only doing the labour part for free on the Aisiestog. Willie must still fork up for the parts.
So - can I ask foir your support ... again, please guys?
Thanx a mil
Uncle Mac
Outreach2Africa - In support of Missionaries of Africa: Helping God's children doing God's work.
on't bring God down to your level of faith ... bring your faith up to His level!
Family_Dog
Town: Klerksdorp
Vehicle: Hilux DC SFA, Hilux 2.7 DC, Hilux 2.7 SC, Prado 95 VX
Club VHF Licence: HC101

Post by Family_Dog »

*Two of the girls are now receiving dental [dunno what you call it in Eng. ... waar hulle daai draadjies so in die tande kry - and must be adjusted regularly]

Braces!

-F_D

White Fang: 1999 2.7i DC Raider 4x4
Bull Dog: 1987 4Y-EFI 2.2 DC 4x4
Pra Dog: 1998 Prado VX 3.4
Hound Dog: 2000 2.7i SC 4x4

One Staffie, One Jack Russell, One Ring Neck Screecher, 17 Fish of questionable heritage

Kagiso
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker

Post by Kagiso »

dankie FD ... nogge paar jaar en 'k 't jou reg ommi Taal skoo' te praat. Brastag. Ek weet vanni "Braces" maar die prosedure los my inni war. [Tks FD ... coupl'a years and I'll have you speakin' The Taal fluently. Genuine. I know of 'braces' but its the procedure that I dunno what its called] :lol: :?
CasKru

Post by CasKru »

It's called installing braces :twisted: :twisted:

Es hat geschweifte Installationsklammern genannt :twisted: :twisted:

Il a appelé l'appareil dentaire installant :twisted: :twisted:
To God be the glory
Kagiso
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker

Post by Kagiso »

Eishhh, dankie Cas man.. Now that we know what it's called - PLease, some support for the Booyse family? As we all know, That "Installing Braces" procedure does not come cheap. Thanx for thoughts and prayers also.
:idea: :arrow:
Anyone feel like a 4x4 trip up to the Delta? We can visit at Willie's for a couple of days, go on a Makorro trip, and than on through Silinda Forest Reserve to Kwai Village, Mankwe, Moremi ... ???
Gimme dates to suit you [How about June / July ???]
:?:
CasKru

Post by CasKru »

Oom Mac. What kind of distance are we... ur.... I mean you talking about here and what kind of time frame.

Uncle Mac. Wat tipe of afstand is we .. ur .... ek mean jy praat van hier en wat tipe van tyd raam?
To God be the glory
Kagiso
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker

Post by Kagiso »

Hi Cas - The round trip (right around the Delta) is about 4 000 Km. ("Long trip") If we only go to Seronga up the western side, its about 3 000 Km.
Anything less than 10 - 14 days is a bit of a waster, as 4 days are just getting there and back. If we do the 3 000 Km trip, [just to Seronga] ("short trip")then we can go for shorter ... say 7 - 10 days.
If we do go, it will be a self catering, self drive and entrances & taxes and overnight tariffs for own account. Budget for ± R3 200.oo per person .. depending on how many people you carry, for the "long trip" and R2 800.oo for the "short trip" [the less persons you carry, the higher the cost per person) You MUST have a passport valid for at least 6 months still. No Visa or such required. I will give info on malaria in that area to those who go.
BUT ... we will also do some serious Outreach around the Delta - so all will not be holiday. There is some handy work to be done at Willie's place as well... I'll share with those who want to go...
The dates I plan on going is from 29 June to 12 July... those wanting to turn back at Seronga can then return by the 7 or 8 July...
I KNOW there will be enough interest ( I will post this on the NISSAN site as well) so I will start working on the itennary already .........
One thing - there will be rules and terms & conditions apply. Maximum of 30 people / 8 vehicles or less.
As it will be an outreach, you are supposed to get sponsors. And if you do not have a prayer group to pray for you while away, I'm NOT taking you with.
Thanx Cas, I hope that answers most.
Vielen dank mein Herr. Auf wiedersehn und ging Sie gutt, bitte.
CasKru

Post by CasKru »

Uncle Mac.

I would have really like to make the trip but unfortunately there is two things you mention that is blocking me from going. The daughter is only 15months old and we don't want to take her into any malaria area as it could very easily turn into cerebral malaria at that age should you contract the decease. Secondly I'm a contractor and get paid by the hour and as the wife is now a home executive, I don't have the funds available to partake. I will though be willing to part with some money if I could assist someone else in going.

Thanks you for the information supplied and I do apologise for disappointing you due to the fact that I won't be able to make it.
To God be the glory
Kagiso
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker

Post by Kagiso »

Eishhh - pity Cas... was hoping to have at least ONE capable vehicle with - in case Brutus needs recovery :twisted: ;)
I understand about the little one - you dont want to take chances. Bear in mind that it is in July [en lekker KOUD] thus the mozzi risk is very low. But still - if they are that small, bundu bashing is not the ideal vacation.
NOW ... where are the rest of the Toy drivers??? bang ... of wat?
F D... can we rent some portable 29Mhz radios for the period? [Hand helds]
Family_Dog
Town: Klerksdorp
Vehicle: Hilux DC SFA, Hilux 2.7 DC, Hilux 2.7 SC, Prado 95 VX
Club VHF Licence: HC101

Post by Family_Dog »

F D... can we rent some portable 29Mhz radios for the period? [Hand helds]

Hi Mac,

I don't have any 29MHz hand held radis at all, but you are certainly welcome to borrow, F.O.C., the little Hyts, similar to the ones that Bennie has. You will not be able to talk from the fist car to the last car if there are 8 cars from within the vehicles, but each driver can certainly relay massages and they are good for at least 1Km in a line of sight scenario.

Just give me about two weeks notice, as we do have loan sets that are out to the various schools and other charity events so that I can book a definite period for you.

Eishhh - pity Cas... was hoping to have at least ONE capable vehicle with - in case Brutus needs recovery :twisted: ;)
Cassie, NOW the truth comes out! :mrgreen:

-F_D

White Fang: 1999 2.7i DC Raider 4x4
Bull Dog: 1987 4Y-EFI 2.2 DC 4x4
Pra Dog: 1998 Prado VX 3.4
Hound Dog: 2000 2.7i SC 4x4

One Staffie, One Jack Russell, One Ring Neck Screecher, 17 Fish of questionable heritage

CasKru

Post by CasKru »

Cassie, NOW the truth comes out! :mrgreen:
When in a predicament, the truth comes out :twisted: :twisted: :lol: :lol:
To God be the glory
Kagiso
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker

Re: PLEDGE DETAILS - Sending Noodroep / Mission in crisis

Post by Kagiso »

Hi Guys ... life is a busy place, is it not???? [ek kry my gaaij nie gedraaij nie .. :? ] A great big HELLO to you all, especially to the "newcomers" (when this thread started there was only about 400 members ... and now its over 800 ... welcome 2 u all)

FEEDBACK ON THE BOOYSE FAMILY IN SERONGA [Northern Botswana]

First things first: Thank you to the loyal supporters that regularly make donations to the family [detail on 1st page of this thread] and those of you who keep them in your prayers ... newcomers - all the info in the previous pages .... (print it and read while on "witbank" :wink: )

The family had an accident day before last ... and the poor old Camry is now in Maun ... and no means to fix it unless we pool in ... herewith Willie's e-mail on that:

Groete in JESUS!
Dinge gebeur maar so hier in die sendingveld, ons het dalk net te veel goeie uitreike gehad en dit wil die duiwel nou nie aanvaar nie. Ons loof net die HERE dat almal veilig is. Die koei was te groot om in die kar te laai en te swaar om op te laai.
Ek het 'n kwotasie gekry van P2800-00 vir die herstelwerk as ek die parte kan verskaf.
Wat nodig is, is 1) Bonnet 2)r/h front fender 3)r/h door mirror 4)front bumper 5)r/h front head light 6)r/h front side bumper 7)indicator 8)r/h park lamp 9)windscreen washer bottle
10)powersteering fluied bottle 11)fanbelt
Sonder vervoer is ons maar lekker gestrand, dit kos ons P1250 net om more terug te gaan Seronga toe.

Mag die HERE julle leiding gee in hierdie saak.

Shalom!
Willie

As for the Isuzu .. it is still stuck in Lobatse with a completely broken engine and a gearbox that also 'gave up the ghost' The congregation in Secunda has sourced an engine and aims to take it to the Isuzu by end August .. God willing. That still leaves the gearbox de-funct.

As you can imagine, morale is in threat right now, so first, I ask that you keep this family in your prayers.
Second request .. please think on it and make a donation on behalf of the "HILUX 4x4 Forum" .. or your own name or anon, as you see fit for lively hood of the family, for the repairs to the Isuzu's gearbox AND the Camry to get back to life & service.

We are going to work in Nigeria for a year or so ... so I also ask for a volunteer to be the "contact & support" for the family here in SA when I'm away

You can e-mail me to oom.mac at G mail dot com ... or send SMS to +2772 six six six 2 dubble six zero
An outreach is planned for 27 September to 12 October 2008 [YES ... this year still] see the thread on that for details.
May The Lord Bless & Keep you all.
Greetings & kagiso.
Oom Mac [aka KAGISO; aka Oom Mac]
Kagiso
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker

Re: PLEDGE DETAILS - Sending Noodroep

Post by Kagiso »

Wow - it's been a long loong loooonggggg time since I peeked in here.
In short update - We gave Willie our Terrano to use while we were away in Lagos.
Than - in Sept Willie sent me a not saying the Terrano does not pulkl [it has no power] but he got a sponsor from U K and he could afford to release the Isuzu. Hw was going to leave the Terrano at Lobatse then for me to collect. But when I came back from Lagos, they were still driving the Terrano in & around Seronga.
Then, it became so the Terrano could hardly drive and I had to go fetch it - which left the Booyses again with only freshly overhauled Isuzu.

Last night I got this E-mail from Willie:

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: 2010/1/16
Subject: Re: Besoek!
To: tc@dieplan.org

Groete in JESUS!
Jammer ek laat weet nou eers oor die bakkie, ons het van Seronga tot
in Molalatau gery om te sien of my swaer ons kan help met die bakkie.
Die volgende is fout, die bakkie kook kort kort, toe ons in Molalatau
kom het ons dadelik begin om die "cylinder head" af te haal, ons vind
toe dat die exhaust valves beskadig is, die valves se valve stems is
weg geslaan, vermoedelik deur die tappets wat te los was of so iets,
dit wil ook voorkom of die head gasket geblaas het en daar is 'n
probleem op nr2 en 3 pistons (iets soos 'n piston slap). Dit beteken
dat ons sal nuwe ringe, bigend bearings, exhaust valves en head gasket
moet vervang word. Ons sal ook die head moet presure test net om te
sien of daar nie erens 'n kraak is nie en dalk dan die head weer moet
doen, want een van die valve guides is ook gebreek. So met arbeid gaan
dit weereens 'n klomp geld kos. Ongeveer R6500 tot R7000, Dis as my
swaer dit gaan doen, by 'n ander motorwertuigkundige praat ons van R10
000 of meer. Die vorige ou was sy hande in onskuld omdat dit net meer
as 6 maande is nadat hy die engine oor gedoen het.
Bid saam met ons dat hierdie vervoer probleem opgelos kan word.

Shalom!
Willie.

... and earlier today this one:
Hi Oompie!
Sit op die oomblik in Molalatau, so 1000km van Seronga af.

Die agsiestog is weer lekker gekrok, ons het sopas alles weer
uitgestrip, sal maar more sien in Louis Trichardt, hoeveel dit gaan
kos, so tussen R7000-R10000. Mernse het maar lekker droog gemaak, die
valves is gebuig en die bokant weggeslaan, dan lyk dit of hulle nooit
die pistons behoorlik afgevat het bo nie, dis staan omtrent 1mm te
hoog uit. dis waar al die probleme begin, nou over heat die ding. Die
grootste probleem is dat ons ver van die huis af is en moet die ding
aan die gang kry, maar ai die finansies is maar skaars, maar ons glo
die HERE sal voorsien.
Wat maak jy by die huis? Gaan jy nog beplan vir 'n pa en seun kamp in April?

Shalom!

So - Anybody out there with a new bakkie for Willie ??? Isuzu [diesel] engine ??? Advice???
Thanx guys.
greetings & "Heppiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeee niewe djarrrrrrrrrr !!!:"
Kagiso
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker

Re: PLEDGE DETAILS - Sending Noodroep

Post by Kagiso »

Hallo Almal
Dominee Gawi Joubert bedien die3 Boesmans van Xanagas / New Xanagas al byna 25 jaar - sy vervoer is 'n 1990 Hi Lux bakkie - en die affêre is oppad 1,000,000 km toe.
Nou wil die bakkie gees gee - en Gawi het nie vaste inkomste, hulle bestaan uit bydreas. Bydreas wat nie voorsien vir groot uitgawes soos die nie.
As jy iets wil bydra - of net vir Gawi en se wederhelf Dina, in gebed wil tree - Baie dankie.
Oom Mac
[as ons almal saamstaan het Gawi binnekort 'n diesel Patrol :biggrin: ]

XANAGAS - BOTSWANA

Wil net gou ‘n vinnige sms uit stuur voor ek met die Glory Lorry Charles Hill toe ry om netbal en sokker spanne te gaan haal.

Die Glory bakkie – jy weet mos die een met 983,081km – amper een miljoen!! Is besig om kennis te gee dat hy miskien wil aftree. Die verkoeler is kaput – kan my fout wees wat hoofsaaklik anti – vriesmiddel ingooi ?? En ‘n gasket is geblaas. Weet nie hoe om dit in mooi Afrikaans te stel nie. Genadiglik het my buurman my ingesleep Xanagas toe en more Gobabis toe vir herstelwerk.

Dina en kat het agtergebly in haar volmaan huisie - sy het nie kans gesien vir die touery nie.

Bottom line of heel onderste lyntjie – is daar enige iets oor in die sending budget?? Moet Glory Lorry se lisensie ook die maand betaal.

DANKIE VADER vir ‘n nuwe bakkie!!

I WANT WHAT I HAVE AND I HAVE WHAT I WANT.

Gawi sel: 00 267 713 698 57 of in RSA 0721 580 587 xanagas@gmail.com

FNB Lynnwood 252045 rek nr: 620 318 253 86 GS Joubert - Christ Light current

Return to “Open Discussion”