Gazebo setup advice please

Discuss anything here as long as it is clean. Having a hard time with your Skoonma, tell us about it here, or discuss the Rugby. Whatever you feel like talking about.
Bartho
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Durbanville
Vehicle: Toyota

Gazebo setup advice please

Post by Bartho »

Hi guys - looking for some advice again please :)

I have erected the dining-room gazebo and applied the same 'tightness' on all 4 corners pulling (and tightning) the rope the same way. But now I am sitting with the dilemma that on the one side the roof is not as tight as the other side. I have rethitened it and tried my best to get the slack out of this part but not helping.

Problem is that when it rains it makes a puddle on the roof and then starts seeping through.

Is it perhaps that the pipes is too closely fitted or should I try the other sides pipes? They are all marked by different color tape so I am reasonably sure that they are paired correctly.

I have added two pics

thx
Attachments
IMG-20120803-00101.jpg
IMG-20120803-00099.jpg
Keiler
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Vehicle: '05 4.0 DC manual-ARB - WARN - KC - DUAL BATT - OLD MAN EMU - BFG 31 10.5 15 and 4.0dc 4x4 and 320 dc isuzu 4x4 to recover the hiluxes

Re: Gazebo setup advice please

Post by Keiler »

:eh: :eh: :eh:
bartho
daai ding is nie van stretch denim gemaak nie en sal nooit soos n levy op n sexy girl se boudjies sit nie :naah: :naah: :naah:
probeer n warm dag in die son maar dit sal weer verander, die materiaal se dikte en die spanning van die naaiwerk maak dat die goed trek :shock2: :shock2:
...leave a trail for others to follow ..... if they dare !!!
OOOOMS
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler

Post by OOOOMS »

Bartho, this is unfortunately one of those things / floors sales people do not tell you about when purchasing a gazebo!
Not only with your type design but with many others.

The length of span between the sides is to much for the rip-stop to handle. Therefore adding weight like water will make it worse! I could form loking at the pics you provided is adding an extra temp / removable pole across, you get fittings at the camping places that clip onto round poles on the edges, my awning has some. This may help to an extent or hopefully minimize the water build up....running down your back :mocking:
MOFASA
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Kempton Park
Vehicle: 1998 JEEP XJ 4.0............ 4 inch lift.... more mods to follow............ Old vehicle was MOFASA
Club VHF Licence: X119

Post by MOFASA »

OOOOMS wrote:Bartho, this is unfortunately one of those things / floors sales people do not tell you about when purchasing a gazebo!
Not only with your type design but with many others.

The length of span between the sides is to much for the rip-stop to handle. Therefore adding weight like water will make it worse! I could form loking at the pics you provided is adding an extra temp / removable pole across, you get fittings at the camping places that clip onto round poles on the edges, my awning has some. This may help to an extent or hopefully minimize the water build up....running down your back :mocking:

I agree....
Or you could fit a spring steel rod the same as you get for the Tarp on a bakkie between the poles horizontal to the top pole....
this works like a charm did it to one that i had many years ago..... :thumbup: :thumbup:

No more rain dripping down your back..... :thumbup:
Live Life in the FAST lane....
Forget the past, Embrace the FUTURE!!!!
To 4x4 or not to 4x4 thats the question....
IT'S A JEEP :yahoo: ..... You wouldn't understand....
ImageImageImage[rimg=206x128]
Bartho
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Vehicle: Toyota

Post by Bartho »

Thx guys, I were also thinking of adding another pole or maybe rope to pull it down on the side affected, in the middle - so I will go make a turn at a camping shop.
Will also phone the manufacturer tomorrow.

Were actually hoping that I set it up incorrectly.
OOOOMS
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler

Post by OOOOMS »

Bartho, it looks right, but perhaps an overlook from the manufac. side or the seamstress thought adding an extra cm would be a nice gesture :lol: :lol:

Return to “Open Discussion”