How to obtain a municipal evaluation?

Discuss anything here as long as it is clean. Having a hard time with your Skoonma, tell us about it here, or discuss the Rugby. Whatever you feel like talking about.
Jaco Versfeld
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Western Cape
Vehicle: Moms Taxi, 2001 Prado (The Barbie Cruiser)) Sold - Mufasa: '86 Hilux DC 4Y EFI
Club VHF Licence: X69

How to obtain a municipal evaluation?

Post by Jaco Versfeld »

Hi There,

I am interested in acquiring a home, but would first want to know what the municipal evaluation of the property is. The estate agent could only give me a stand number (??). Is there a way that I can find out? The property is in the process of being subdivided, plans has been approved. Will this cause any problems in terms of a municipal evaluation? (I assume the municipal evaluation will be slightly under current market value...)

Thanks,
Jaco
pietpetoors
Town: Langebaan
Vehicle: 2.7 Hilux 4x4 DC
Club VHF Licence: X27

Re: How to obtain a municipal evaluation?

Post by pietpetoors »

(I assume the municipal evaluation will be slightly under current market value...)
Not anymore. Since we started paying property tax based on the value of your property and not on the size of the property, municipal valuations are mostly way above the real value. They have to screw you out of your money, so they have to over value your property so they have more money to pay their high salaried employees.

I know I can get my own valuation report at http://propiq.property24.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; but I am not sure if you can get it for a property which do not belong to you. The estate agent should be able to help if they really want to help.
Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow!
1999 Hilux 2.7i 4x4 Raider DC with 3.4 Prado V6. Rear diff-lock, Bull Bar and rock sliders, 31" Cooper ST Maxx, Snorkel, Alu-Canopy, VHF Motorolla radio, West Coast Rust, Mikem Suspension, Ball Joint Spacers in front and Mikem extended shackles at the rear, 25watt LED Spots
Optimus Prime
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Krp
Vehicle: Fortuner 4.0 v6

Post by Optimus Prime »

Im thinking ,look at the website for the municipality for that area where the property is ,if you cant find anything there
mail their address.

"As long as power flows through any of my circuits ill 4x4."
Jaco Versfeld
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Western Cape
Vehicle: Moms Taxi, 2001 Prado (The Barbie Cruiser)) Sold - Mufasa: '86 Hilux DC 4Y EFI
Club VHF Licence: X69

Post by Jaco Versfeld »

Thanks, got sorted on Joburg City website. Got an evaluation for the whole property, before subdivision.
Optimus Prime wrote:Im thinking ,look at the website for the municipality for that area where the property is ,if you cant find anything there
mail their address.
ChrisF
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler
Town: inniedorp
Vehicle: Toy

Post by ChrisF »

in the Cape we just had our properties re-evaluated ..... substantially over what I can realistically sell it for now !!
HennieO
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Bellville
Vehicle: '98 Hilux DC 2.7;2012 MB ML350;2016 MB C220 BLUETEC; 1999 VW GOLF 1.6; VW Caddy P/V

Post by HennieO »

ChrisF wrote:in the Cape we just had our properties re-evaluated ..... substantially over what I can realistically sell it for now !!
That's for sure! And they are not willing to look at "market price", as in estate agent valuations..... no sir, if you want them to adjust, you will have to get an independent valuation company, at considerable cost, and only then will they consider adjusting the valuation accordingly. In the meantime you have to pay around 30% more tax on their over-valuation!

Return to “Open Discussion”