Speechless!

Discuss anything here as long as it is clean. Having a hard time with your Skoonma, tell us about it here, or discuss the Rugby. Whatever you feel like talking about.
Bartho
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Durbanville
Vehicle: Toyota

Speechless!

Post by Bartho »

So my daughter, matric, asked me if she could promotion work for a company as she wants to earn pocket money of her own.
That it involves promotion work where she has to go to certain shops, as required - and promote a certain product. That each promotion is 3 hours long and that she will be earning R50 per hour plus fuel. One trip only.

Knowing that we will have to go drop her off and then later fetch her - we say yes as we believe that this experience / exposure will do her good.

So she had to supply the vehicle used consumption per km and even though we have both the 2.7 d/cab Hilux Legend 4x2 plus the 95 4.5lt Landcruiser (auto) - I tell her to give the details of the Hilux and set it at 7 km/lt. This she did, in August 4 times and on two occasions I had to use the Cruiser as the Hilux were not available.

Then when she got her payment for the month of August - the amount for fuel were absolutely ridiculous and I sent the agent a polite email inquiring as to how she calculated the fuel payment:

Here is her response - taking into account that she had proper details for the Hilux:

"
I think you are confused, the Hilux consumes 8.1litres per 100km not 7km per litre.
"

eish!
Thabogrobler
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: '02 'Lux KZ
Club VHF Licence: x223

Re: Speechless!

Post by Thabogrobler »

Ag, you know, some people are way more clever than others!

According to the lady, you Cruiser will most propably run on 10L/100km, I guess?
'02 KZ 'Lux. Cooled. Chipped. Onca'd. Cherished!

If you are a diesel fan, raise your hand.
If you aren't raising your hand, raise your standards!

A 4x4 is merely a machine that enables you to get stuck further away from civilization.
ROOFER
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: grassy park cape town
Vehicle: 99 s/c hilux 4x4 2.7i long range tank & dual battery; 2003 nissan x-TRAIL (4X4)

Post by ROOFER »

:shock2: :shock2: :lmao: :lmao:
GI Jane
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Strand WC
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux 4x4, 2.41t Raider 1998 DC - front & rear difflock, 140lt fuel tank, 31" BFG a/t, snorkel, drawer system, alucab canopy, driver with attitude.
Club VHF Licence: X112

Post by GI Jane »

Maybe you should ask the lady where we can buy one of those hiluxes and we can all trade ours in for the ones that are more economical on petrol....
Huismoeles
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Bellville
Vehicle: V8 Disco 1

Post by Huismoeles »

:shock2: :shock2:

Soek ook een van daai wat daai petrol verbruik gee
Thunder02
Town: East Rand
Vehicle: IFS Hilux
Club VHF Licence: HC105

Post by Thunder02 »

Huismoeles wrote::shock2: :shock2:

Soek ook een van daai wat daai petrol verbruik gee
2nd that......
Not all those who wander are lost!

Scout motto:be prepared....
www.4x4direct.co.za
Email: boksburg@4x4direct.co.za
IFS is like a swambo, soft, sexy and expensive!
Thabogrobler
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Thabogrobler »

Dear me. Promotions,

I am delighted to know that you are also the proud owner of a 2005 Toyota Hilux 2.7i Double cab! I dearly love my truck and are certain you also cherish yours?

Could you please be so kind to let me in on the little secret of the magical 8.1L/100km as I struggle to do better that 15L/100km or 7km/L for use mere mortals?

I would gladly offer you the opportunity to put 8.1L of Fuel in my truck and await you on a pre determent spot, exactly 100km further away. Please wear comfortable shoes as I am 108.1% sure that you will have to push my truck for around 50km.

Awaiting you in great anticipation, 100km down the line!

Your sincerely

Bartho Confucius

A 4x4 is merely a machine that enables you to get stuck further away from civilization.
Bartho
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker

Post by Bartho »

Can't believe that these agencies think they can rip school-kids off like that..
Here is the rest of the emails.

Bartho:
Can you please tell me where you get these figures from.
Her:
Sure from the AA site.
Bartho:
Can you please send me the link and which hilux you used?
Her:
no response from her!
Bartho:
I used the AA site and based on our Hilux - the running costs is R3.83 per km.
I would also appreciate this to be resolved urgently as I am finding this totally unnecessary
Her:
I agree this is completely unnecessary. Firstly I would like to ask who exactly is working for me you or your daughter cause quite frankly she is the one I should be speaking to. Secondly, the AA rates you are talking about include wear and tear on your car which we don't include as I informed your daughter when she started with us. We only include petrol. I am not aware of any promotion companies that pay petrol let alone wear and tear on your car.

I have wasted enough time on this issue and this is my final word. If Zanne wishes to continue working for the company I will expect her to communicate with me directly.

So Do I leave this issue be or do I take it up with the company that she is representing?
My daughter, albeit 18 in matric, is still at school and my responsibility.
This is also not the message that I would have liked her to get from her very first job in the job-market.

Needless to say - I will not allow her to work for them again.

(I know some people will say that this is petty but I do believe that it is about principles)
george
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Velddrif
Vehicle: Triton 3.5l V6
Club VHF Licence: HC107

Post by george »

I dont think its petty.Its just plain wrong.Tell them to stuff it.I am pretty sure these people will work your daughter over some time if this is their principles.
"The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.-Saint Augustine"
Die$eL
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Midrand
Vehicle: 06' Hilux 3.0 D4D 4X4

Post by Die$eL »

Thabogrobler wrote:Dear me. Promotions,

I am delighted to know that you are also the proud owner of a 2005 Toyota Hilux 2.7i Double cab! I dearly love my truck and are certain you also cherish yours?

Could you please be so kind to let me in on the little secret of the magical 8.1L/100km as I struggle to do better that 15L/100km or 7km/L for use mere mortals?

I would gladly offer you the opportunity to put 8.1L of Fuel in my truck and await you on a pre determent spot, exactly 100km further away. Please wear comfortable shoes as I am 108.1% sure that you will have to push my truck for around 50km.

Awaiting you in great anticipation, 100km down the line!

Your sincerely

Bartho Confucius
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Brilliant! :clap:
Real drivers use three pedals
Kagiso
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Benoni
Vehicle: Datsun SAFARI aka LOBO, Nissan Patrol GQ

Post by Kagiso »

Bartho -- Le beslag op n besending van daai watewwer promote moes word -- "in lieu of compensation for petrol" .. ek DARE jou :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Outreach2Africa - In support of Missionaries of Africa: Helping God's children doing God's work.
on't bring God down to your level of faith ... bring your faith up to His level!
Bartho
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker

Post by Bartho »

hahaha - nee, dink nie ek is so braaf nie.

Maar sal dit nog kans gee tot die naweek want ek dink daaraan om haar 'werkgewer' te email en dit vir hul uit te wys ;)
Sal dink hul wil goeie publisiteit he - nie so begin nie want die produk is nuut op die mark.
Gideonvanzyl
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: Hilux 2.7 D/C 4x4

Post by Gideonvanzyl »

Bartho wrote:hahaha - nee, dink nie ek is so braaf nie.

Maar sal dit nog kans gee tot die naweek want ek dink daaraan om haar 'werkgewer' te email en dit vir hul uit te wys ;)
Sal dink hul wil goeie publisiteit he - nie so begin nie want die produk is nuut op die mark.
Moet dit nie daar los nie, ek sou dieselfde gedoen het. Gooi sommer 'n ou briefie daar na die tyger burger of julle plaaslike weeklikse koerantjie net sodat almal mooi gewaarsku is. Ek ry ook 'n 2.7 en ek sal my voortande gee vir 8.1 L / 100km.
Nog 'n ding, soms tree mense heel anders op as jy hulle sommer so onkant betrap. Gaan besoek die dame en gesels met haar. Vat sommer jou hilux se logbook saam.
Toyota Hilux 2.7 Legend 35 (Bullnose) 2003 d/cab 4x4 with Cooper Discoverer AT 3's on with unichip and Powerflow exhaust. Name: Blouwillebees
Kagiso
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Benoni
Vehicle: Datsun SAFARI aka LOBO, Nissan Patrol GQ

Post by Kagiso »

Halloooooooooo Bartho

Wat het uiteindelik geword van die affêre ?
Outreach2Africa - In support of Missionaries of Africa: Helping God's children doing God's work.
on't bring God down to your level of faith ... bring your faith up to His level!
Bartho
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker

Post by Bartho »

Ek het mooi lang email vir die company geskryf wat die die goed import maar nog niks gehoor nie.
My dogter het reg aan die begin van die maand 1 keer vir hul gewerk - waarvoor hul nog moet betaal einde van die maand (voor die petrol storie 'n issue begin word het) so ek wag om te kyk of sy dan met hierdie laaste betaling, volgende week, die petrol gaan regstel - maar ek betwyfel dit.

Dan sal ek besluit wat my volgende stap is.

Ek sal ook nie verbaas wees as die 'Kaapse" agent familie is of iets van die importers wat gesetel is in Johannesburg nie.
Bartho
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker

Post by Bartho »

Toe skryf ek 'n mooi email aan die 'baas' van die company wat die produk invoer en verduidelik vir hul dat hul agent se myle heeltemal verkeerd uitgewerk word. Dat sy nie bereid is om daaroor te praat nie en dat sy eensydig is, dat haar petrol verbruik op die Hilux belaglik is - toe stuur ek vir hom hierdie link en se toe hy sal kien sien dat sy verkeerd was - toe kry ek 'n laaang email wat die volgende bevat"

LASTLY, I had a look at your link to the 4x4 community blog and your comments. Some of those were quite defamatory and threatening towards ^^^^^ and

the company. Should any more of these remarks be posted against her or the company, you will be personally and legally held liable for any damages or

financial losses suffered by her personally or the Company.
FIRSTGEER
Town: King WilliamsTown
Vehicle: 2,5 D4D Singlr Cab 4X4 Full OME suspension. snorkel.GMA aftermarket bullbar.
Club VHF Licence: HC 109

Post by FIRSTGEER »

Ag shame on him . Send him a lollipop - he should know what to do with it .
Thabogrobler
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Thabogrobler »

Siestog, dis REEDS gepost op 'n openbare forum en die vraag is: Gaan hulle nou tyd en geld spandeer om dit verwyder te kry? It's a free world afterall! En ek weet nog steeds nie wie dit is nie.

So, hy het erken die dame was verkeerd en probber nou dreig en boelie? They can suck my......finger!

Ek glo jou dogter sloof haar nie meer af vir hulle nie?
Party mense se wereld is maar klein!

Soos oom Donald Truimp se: There is no such thing as bad publicity!

Return to “Open Discussion”