Apple watch owners on forum? Alternative?

Discuss anything here as long as it is clean. Having a hard time with your Skoonma, tell us about it here, or discuss the Rugby. Whatever you feel like talking about.
grobbepj
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Alberton
Vehicle: Hilux legend 35 4x4 3.0kzte D/C

Apple watch owners on forum? Alternative?

Post by grobbepj »

I am considering buying an apple watch as a from me to me xmas gift... But the price tag is heavy.

Who owns one and are they worth the price? Looking at the fitbit and pebble (or garmin) alternatives and they are roughly R2000 cheaper for the same functions??... Or am I wrong. Or is that the price you pay for that little apple logo? And battery life; only max 18 hours for apple and up to week for
Competitors?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ChrisF
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler
Town: inniedorp
Vehicle: Toy

Re: Apple watch owners on forum? Alternative?

Post by ChrisF »

Apple is a "life style" .....

Once you buy into the brand it spreads to ALL your devices.

Your apple watch talks to your apple iPad to your apple laptop to your apple .....

DONT get into trying thee all powerful apple to talk to anything else ......
HoodedClaw
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Town: Somerset West
Vehicle: Hilux

Re: Apple watch owners on forum? Alternative?

Post by HoodedClaw »

hiya

Let's establish a few things before jumping onto the smartwatch wagon :D:

1. What is the main purpose of the watch? Heart rate monitoring? Sports?
2. Battery life is not really such an important factor. We plug our smartphones in every night? Why not just plug your watch in too :lol: 18hrs is not that great to be honest. I would want my watch battery to last at least 48hrs
3. Ruggedness? The Apple watch is not very rugged and will damage quite easily when compared to other brands.
4. Application use... A tricky debate. Are you using an iPhone? Then there are many apps you can link with on the Apple watch. IF not I think it's pointless getting an Apple watch.

I have the fitbit Charge HR. I wish I had bought the SURGE at the time with its GPS functionality.
I am not into using apps etc and mainly use my watch to monitor training and heart rate.

If I was you I would consider the main use of the watch. I would pull up a view google reviews of each brand and make a decision based on what is best for me.

Good luck

ps. Watches for men are like shoes for women. I have many of them because I'm simply obsessed. But this applies to time pieces. With a smartwatch you can't double or triple up on units. That's a waste of cash. So make the right choice, first time.

Return to “Open Discussion”