Drinking Alcohol while out 4x4ing

Discuss anything here as long as it is clean. Having a hard time with your Skoonma, tell us about it here, or discuss the Rugby. Whatever you feel like talking about.

Do you drink alcohol while out 4x4ing

Yes
No votes
No
67%
Sometimes
No votes
Only if my mates are drinking and somebody offers me a drink
No votes
Drink beer only
No votes
Enjoy my brandy & coke mix
No votes
Drink wine only
No votes
Only at the gathering afterwards
33%

Total votes: 6

SYRON CONVERSIONS
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Tamboekieland
Vehicle: SFA HILUX

Drinking Alcohol while out 4x4ing

Post by SYRON CONVERSIONS »

Yes this topic I am sure has been discussed many times around the camp fire, at various club meetings however

What are your views about drinking alcohol while you and your mates are out driving your 4x4's and you stop for a braai, do you only drink beer or do you enjoy Hardtack mixed with coke as well, and when do you know that enough is enough?

Okay I will tell you truthfully I do not drink alcohol while out 4x4ing, not even beer or hard tack, I am not a sissie, I just feel that this stuff disoriantates many people and makes them the driver think that his or her 4x4 vehicle can go anywhere.

I have seen many times chaps who have drunk this stuff, rip the front bumpers, scratch their vehicles as well.
1992 Slightly Modified Hilux, 2008 VW Caddy panelvan work, 2010 Isuzu 2.5 td bakkie for work, a pair of big 'balloons' as well hanging at the rear of my Hilux

simoan
SYRON CONVERSIONS

Re: Drinking Alcohol while out 4x4ing

And what was this guy drinking

Yes the guys and the ladies do drink while out 4x4ing in our club, but they first sign the Indemnity Form before they start the trail event each time, and there is no ways that I will tell a person hey stop you cannot drink while we are braaing or out on a trail.
1992 Slightly Modified Hilux, 2008 VW Caddy panelvan work, 2010 Isuzu 2.5 td bakkie for work, a pair of big 'balloons' as well hanging at the rear of my Hilux

simoan
SYRON CONVERSIONS

Standing around the braai, the guys are chatting and have bottles or glasses in their hands.

And the ladies are enjoying their skinnering :wink:

simoan
Zantus
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Port Elizabeth
Vehicle: Hilex

Post by Zantus »

Sometimes this becomes a very big problem on outings and I discourage guys to drink and drive.
If we braai after a trail and intend to drive again, I tell the the guys who drank too much that it not a good idea to go out on the trail again, some listen, and some don't.
It is also against the rules of our local clubs, but some guys just don't care. Apparetly a few years ago in the one club it go so bad, some members were kicked out of the club.
Barto de Koning
2008 Triton 3.2DiD 4x4 Clubcab
4x4 Trail & Overland Guide - GP3442
http://www.4x4tec.co.za" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
hilex08
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Springs
Vehicle: Hilex V8, Ford Ranger 2500 td, C55 AMG

Post by hilex08 »

nah.....much more fun having a jol and being sober, than getting sloshed and bugger up your car.....

leave the booze to the laaities...............they still gotta prove themselves infront of the babes.....

been there done it...got no t-shirt for it..... 8)

Return to “Open Discussion”