ANYONE WITH PUPPYS FOR SALE OR ADOPTON?

Discuss anything here as long as it is clean. Having a hard time with your Skoonma, tell us about it here, or discuss the Rugby. Whatever you feel like talking about.
Rusti
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: capetown
Vehicle: 97 Hilux Raider 2.4

ANYONE WITH PUPPYS FOR SALE OR ADOPTON?

Post by Rusti »

Hi everyone.

Does anyone here breed dogs or know of some that are up for adoption?

We are looking for a friendly breed with a little "gees" that will grow to be medium to large. A mix pup is also welcome so long as it will grow to that size.. We are looking for a guard dog so unfortunately no labradores etc. German shepherds are preferred but not a must.. Something that will make a great family companion but will also protect if need be.

We have a medium front garden with plenty of grass for it as well as a small park directly opposite our house. My girlfriend works from her friends house during the day so pup will go with her and play with their 5 dogs daily.

Thanks
Family_Dog
Town: Klerksdorp
Vehicle: Hilux DC SFA, Hilux 2.7 DC, Hilux 2.7 SC, Prado 95 VX
Club VHF Licence: HC101

Re: ANYONE WITH PUPPYS FOR SALE OR ADOPTON?

Post by Family_Dog »

Rusti,

Support your local SPCA!

http://www.4x4community.co.za/forum/sho ... p?t=245089

Best dogs you'd ever find!

-F_D

White Fang: 1999 2.7i DC Raider 4x4
Bull Dog: 1987 4Y-EFI 2.2 DC 4x4
Pra Dog: 1998 Prado VX 3.4
Hound Dog: 2000 2.7i SC 4x4

One Staffie, One Jack Russell, One Ring Neck Screecher, 17 Fish of questionable heritage

Stef
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: '98 LTD
Club VHF Licence: X107

Post by Stef »

Our labrador has plenty attitude....bit the garbage removal guy 'cause he stuck his hand through the gate :mrgreen:
Heyn
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Town: George
Vehicle: 2015 Toyota Hilux 3.0 D4-D Legend 45

Post by Heyn »

I have some boer boel puppies. I will just check with my father how many is sold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
coetzer94
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Pretoorsdorp
Vehicle: Silver Hilux DC 2.8 GD-6 2016

Post by coetzer94 »

We have jack-russel puppies at the moment, but if you are willing to wait a few months, we will have rottweilers as the ladydog is coming in heat soon.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Working on my bucket list only makes it longer
Rusti
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker

Post by Rusti »

Hi guys.

Eric. I have 2 rescue centres looking for me at the moment. It's our preferred choice but we need to be sure it will be the size we are looking for. And we have a cat so it has to be a pup..

Stef. That's great! They are amazing dogs and I'm glad yours has gees! I've read up allot about them as there was one available last week and unfortunately every breeders association website I read said that they are great watch dogs but they may not necessarily protect if put in that situation.

We live in Tokai and often walk in the same park where that poor girl was raped and murdered last Monday. We have been ooing and aaing for a year or so about getting a German Shephard and after this tragedy we are now looking.

Heyn. Boer bulls are great but I've heard they can suffer with hip issues. I've never owned a boerbull so I'm not sure if that is true?

Vian. Jackies are the devils dogs.. ha ha.. My mom has one and we just can't keep up with it.. we tell it to stop humping the cushions and the next thing we hear the poor cat trying to defend itself from this "horned" devil.. Rottys are an option. I'll have to ask the girlfriend how she feels.. The best dog I ever had was half Rotty and half German Shephard.. he was a monster of a dog but as friendly as can be.. until we ran into trouble once or twice.. It was great to see he had that instinct in him and boy did it come out..
ChrisF
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler
Town: inniedorp
Vehicle: Toy

Post by ChrisF »

Best dog we ever had was a Labrador.

But they are playful and you MUST give them enough exercise or they start chooing on anything and everything - paint Jeyes FLuid on the stuff she should not bite, buy a shin bone once a month, and give her lots of exercise and you have the best dog ever. First time we bought her a shin bone she took hours of stalking it before actually digging in. We used to braai it slightly, just enough not to give her raw meat. The second time she saw it going onto the coals and started dancing around ... :) LOVED that dog !!!!

And due to their size no ordinary thug will dare come close ... :)

Brother in law have had boerbulls for the last 20 years, always 2 at a time. They have died of old age and cancer, but fortunately no hip issues. But they are so big and playful that it becomes an issue to have guests over ....

Having been bitten by an Alsation I am hardly in love with this breed ....
Rusti
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker

Post by Rusti »

Ja Labs are great!! We almost took a pup 2 weeks ago and then the owner decided to keep her. Then the tokai forest incident happened so we decided to get something with a reputation for protection. Just to be on the safe side.

I think like Wrotweilers German Shephards can have a bad reputation. They have that protection instinct in them but if raised well they make great family dogs.. I had Rusty when I was 25 and my dad would bring my 5 year old sister for visits.. she would try her best to hide behind my dad's legs but rusty would come charging down the passage and go straight for her.. licking her face and sniffing her hair.. he was unstoppable and they soon became good friends. This amazed me because I got him at a year old and the previous owner was wheelchair bound so he never went for walks or interacted with children.but his first instinct was to love them.. It's amazing how much you can love and miss an animal!
dalkill
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Cape TOwn
Vehicle: 2.4 GD6 SR D/C 4x4

Post by dalkill »

i never understood why people would pay for a dog.
But then i was never a dog person. I guess it the same as someone who don't drive hilux and just don't understand why we pay the high prices.

my brother in law had a pup in his yard, then his uncle left his pup there as well.. uncles pup jumped the fence, as he was 2 weeks older and thus slighter bigger, and drowned in the pool... eish R4000 gone... eina.
2016 2.4GD6 SR D/C 4x4 (Oct 2022 - current) (Buraaq VI)
2007 d4d 3.0 D/C 4x4 (Mar 2016 - July 2022) (Buraaq V)
2003 Isuzu KB300 D/C 4x4 (May 2015 - Feb 2016) aka Buraaq IV
2000 hilux DC 2.7 4x4 (Jul 2011 - Sep 2012) aka Buraaq III
1999 RXI 20v (Nov 2009 - Jul 2011) aka Quicksilver
1990 hilux DC 2.2 4x4 (Jun 2008 - Jul 2011) aka Buraaq II
1997 corolla 160i GLE (Feb 2007 - Sep 2009) aka Green Goblin
1990 GLI twincam (still my fav rolla) (Oct 2005 - Mar 2007) aka Wit Blitz
Golf GTI 2.0 (temp insanity for 2months) (Jun 2005 - Aug 2005) aka A mistake
1993 hilux SC 2.2 4x4 (April 2003 - Sept 2005) aka Buraaq

TOYOTA IS MY LEWE
ChrisF
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler
Town: inniedorp
Vehicle: Toy

Post by ChrisF »

dalkill wrote:i never understood why people would pay for a dog.
But then i was never a dog person. I guess it the same as someone who don't drive hilux and just don't understand why we pay the high prices.

my brother in law had a pup in his yard, then his uncle left his pup there as well.. uncles pup jumped the fence, as he was 2 weeks older and thus slighter bigger, and drowned in the pool... eish R4000 gone... eina.
dogs .....

you get it or you dont.

guess same could said for cats ... but I certainly DONT "get it" with cats.

Growing up we always had dogs. From cross breeds to pure bred with papers.

BUT, a dog is a serious commitment !!! You cant just leave it alone when things get busy at work .... Need proper care when you go on holiday. And most important, your yard should accommodate the size of dog you get.

when you do have a dog and take care of it - WOW !!!!! you just have to experience it to understand it.

Return to “Open Discussion”